Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 169 total)
  • Your weekly cycling related bigotry, courtesy of James Martin & The Daily Mail!
  • poppa
    Free Member

Just quoting the relevant parts of the article now, to avoid the article getting more hits:

Can you be green, without ever wanting to hear another bleeding-heart word about the environment as long as you live?

I do my bit more than most: I recycle all my rubbish and sort it into three different bins.

I turn all my kitchen waste into compost. Even my washing powder is twice-the-price organic stuff that doesn't give worms tummy-aches when it returns to the earth.

But whenever I drive to London, dutifully paying my £8 for the privilege (on top of my road tax, petrol tax, parking and all the other rip-offs), without fail a cyclist will rap on my window and make some holier-than-thou comment, before zooming off through a red light where he knows I can't get him.

….

But I don't care about any of that, and here's why. Twenty minutes into my test drive I pulled round a leafy bend, enjoying the birdsong – and spotted those damned Spider-Man cyclists. Knowing they wouldn't hear me coming, I stepped on the gas, waited until the split second before I overtook them, then gave them an almighty blast on the horn at the exact same time I passed them at speed.

The look of sheer terror as they tottered into the hedge was the best thing I've ever seen in my rear-view mirror. I think this could be the car for me.

BikeRadar got there first though…

http://www.bikeradar.com/blogs/article/my-james-martin-boycott-starts-today-23179

noteeth
    Free Member

What a ****.

james-o
    Free Member

and we'll all click to read it, making them think it's a popular column and encouraging him. it's called annoyance marketing or something like that. it's just the Mail, ignore it and leave it for the prats that read that lame excuse for a paper..

racefaceec90

as i have just written on the bikeradar reply. i want to shove a potato up the to**er's exhaust!!! 😈

retro83
    Free Member

What a cockmongler

bigyinn
    Free Member

What is a chef doing writing about cars?

The irony is that clarkson comes out with similar stuff and people just roll their eyes and say "its clarkson" and carry on their way.

He's just trolling. Seems quite a few people have bitten though!

richc
    Free Member

I don't think that would do anything to an electric car would it?

MrAgreeable

As James-O says, it's just more tedious sub-Clarkson swill. As for boycotting the bloke, that would assume that we were somehow aware of his existence before reading that article.

MrAgreeable

I don't think that would do anything to an electric car would it?

😆

I was actually quite interested in the stuff about the car, but it just seems like a faster version of a Segway, i.e. use it for two hours and then you get to plug it in and enjoy consuming more electricity.

glenp
    Free Member

What an utter a-hole.

grumm
    Free Member

I was already aware the guy is a tosser. There was a thing, I think on a Charlie Brooker clip show, which showed when they had foreign chefs on Saturday Kitchen – he would take the piss out of their English pronunciation in a really boorish fashion. 🙄

mrmichaelwright
    Free Member

good god

that's appalling

has he not just openly admitted in the national press to driving without due care and attention?

he'll also struggle to find a 62 amp 3 phase socket anywhere in the known world 😉

MrAgreeable

Nah, you just get your electrician to bung one in, then get on with pissing off the enviro-nutters. Simples. 🙂

samuri
    Free Member

But whenever I drive to London, dutifully paying my £8 for the privilege (on top of my road tax, petrol tax, parking and all the other rip-offs), without fail a cyclist will rap on my window and make some holier-than-thou comment, before zooming off through a red light where he knows I can't get him.

That's the same ridiculous statement that that other idiot, Havers wrote once. He complained that cyclists were always hammering on his roof.

Neither of these two have ever questioned that fact why so any people seem to have a major issue with them. Nothing to do with you being a crap driver and almost killing them was it?

fingerbike
    Free Member

Didn't know who he was, so looked it up on wiki:
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/James_Martin_%28chef%29

James Martin (born 30 June 1972 in Malton, North Yorkshire), is an English cock who first appeared on television in 1996. etc. etc.

Surfr
    Free Member

Double post

glenp
    Free Member

This guy is such an utter moron that he presumably thinks that cyclists hammer on all car roofs. Hasn't dawned on him that is is special attention reserved for the the dangerously retarded driver.

Surfr
    Free Member

What this James Martin?

Sadly photo is from an article for every STWers favourite BMW X6!

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/home/moslive/article-1077630/Is-BMW-X6-racy-sports-car-hulking-4×4-Dont-ask-just-enjoy.html

BigDummy
    Free Member

The thing is, if you ignore the bit of your personal experience that tells you that a motorist buzzing a group of cyclists is utterly terrifying because of the ridiculously unnecessary risk of someone being badly hurt, the image of him sneaking up on them in a silent car and making them jump is quite You-tube-able. 🙂

I don't know who he is, so I'll just carry on quietly boycotting him.

mrmichaelwright
    Free Member

anybody got a companies house account?

HOTEL DU VIN (WINCHESTER) LIMITED
    179 GREAT PORTLAND STREET
    LONDON
    W1W 5LS
    Company No. 02913178

directors particulars might be useful 😈

D0NK

Used to watch saturday kitchen (well it's not got a lot of competition really has it?), not gonna be able to watch it now with out thinking what an utter pillock the man is so I'll just switch off.

Dark-Side

You can comment on his blogs and contact him through his site:

Mediocretvchef

CaptJon
    Free Member

Why not contact his management:

limelight.management@virgin.net

edit – beat me to it..

chakaping
    Free Member

I always thought he seemed a bit of a knob, glad to have my suspicions confirmed.

soobalias
    Free Member

what is the dailymail and who is martin james?

Surfr
    Free Member

LOL. Someones updated his wiki entry

Martin was brought up on a farm and has managed to retain the manners and ability of the lowest of farm animals. He drives large fast cars to compensate for rather small sexual organs and takes out his frustration at his lack of prowess in any field on cyclists.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/James_Martin_%28chef%29

lyons
    Free Member

I think one word sums him up – Coward. Exactly the kind of driver i hate.

And yeah, 62 amp plugs dont exist… Plus, the ammount of electricity that would use is really quite high, would it actually be any 'greener' than an efficient car like a yarris?

BigDummy
    Free Member

Wiki is on fire.

On the 12th of September 2009 James Martin admitted in an article in the UK newspaper the Daily Mail, that he deliberately drove a Tesla Roadster in a potentially dangerous manner and caused two cyclists a 'look of sheer terror as they tottered into the hedge'. He's clearly a [short but outrageous lady-reproductive-part abuse word] with a small penis.

Surfr
    Free Member
    thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

Would it be worthwhile going to his restaurant and beeping a horn loudly and repeatedly untill there were no customers left?

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

or possibly even better, find his desk phone number, ring, hold air horn upto phone…………………….

mrmichaelwright
    Free Member

it'd be more useful to send him some matured dogshit in a jiffy bag

every day

for the next year

🙂

Am I reading this right, his actions caused a cyclist to fall off into a hedge (accident). If so, did he stop?.
    Surely, if you are involved in an accident you are required to stop.

porterclough
    Free Member

Fat lad from well off part of rural north Yorkshire lives up to stereotype shocker.

njee20
    Free Member

Wonder how long Wikipedia will stay like that. Good form!

What a cock!

thepodge
    Free Member

an admission of dangerous driving.

anyone on here that knows anything about the law want to take this on?

kimbers

mleh, its the daily mail, written by ****ts for ****ts

genesis
    Free Member

The guy's a twunt, typified by the fact he's Squirrel's protege.

mrmichaelwright
    Free Member

kimbers – sadly those **** account for nearly 10% of the (15+) population of this country. Most of whom will drive.

dave360

"i want to shove a potato up the (Tesla driving) to**er's exhaust!!! "

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 169 total)

The topic ‘Your weekly cycling related bigotry, courtesy of James Martin & The Daily Mail!’ is closed to new replies.