Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Your views on the Whyte 46 Mk2…..
  • finners

anyone have one and what are your feelings towards it?

KevinPP
    Free Member

Got one 2nd hand about a year ago. I love it. You will no doubt find a lot of people who dis it but then we all like different things. For me it rides really well both up and down, it is quite upright but I managed to find an Alpine Link which has made it feel more relaxed. The DUC32 forks I like too. Was a bit unsure when I was looking but love them now.
    Mine has had a few upgrades since I got it and rides as well as any of my mates newer bikes. Hope that helps.

stuey
    Free Member

Faster downhill than my jeyness can handle. Feels like cheating on dry horse ruts/ most woody stuff- "was that a bump ?"
    Brilliant for llllllllong rough epics.

+2 Alpine link recommended.

scotty2
    Free Member

I bought the 2006 model with DUC's as I wanted a second bike to use where I work over in Ireland. Brilliant bike to ride. Much prefer it to my 07 Stumpjumper s works.. Flying with it over to Scotland in 3 weeks time. Can't wait to get it on some proper trails.

Very light, fairly stiff and climbs perfectly in 6" mode with no lock out.

Downsides are that the forks and shock both have lock out and reduced travel modes which are totally pointless in my opinion.

Interested that people here are rating the alpine link. I ride mine down some pretty daft stuff and feel extremely confident on it without the alpine link…

KevinPP
    Free Member

I agree it is more than confident going down in its standard guise…, but it is even better with the Alpine Link 😀

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Your views on the Whyte 46 Mk2…..’ is closed to new replies.