Viewing 21 posts - 41 through 61 (of 61 total)
  • Your valentines…
  • binners

Mrs Binners mate got her other half the best valentines card I’ve ever seen.

It was a big scratch card. He had to scratch off the 3 panels to reveal his prize.

They went

1. BJ
    2. BJ
    3. Unlucky – better luck next year

Grounds for divorce that, if you ask me 😆

ferrals
    Free Member

Pretty much perfect valentines for me. Went for a bike ride in the morning, got back, watched the first half of England Italy, went for a surf, fettled my bike for an hour as gears were a bit funny on ride in the morning, let my wife cook dinner while I watched scrum v 😀

Xylene
    Free Member

I had a bouqeut of Frerro rochet on my desk this morning.

Strange I thought, who gave that to me, maybe one of my admin staff, maybe a student, maybe my wife had added an extra one in.

I through it on top of a bookshelf, and got the temptation of eating that chocolaty goodness away from me.

A couple of hours later – a sheepish teacher stuck his head in to ask if I had received a bouquet of Frerro Rochet. His wife had sent them to him, and they had been put on my desk by accident.

Oh how I enjoyed watching him squirm when I asked if he was sure his wife had meant them for him and not me.

Didn’t even offer me one the cheeky git.

PePPeR

I was on my way to Morrisons on Friday afternoon to buy the obligatory Prosecco and flowers, when a Dyson DC40 came up for sale, needing repair on the local Facebook selling site for £20. SO I spent the money wisely and bought that instead!

20 minutes of my time spent unblocking the dog biscuits out of the internal hoses and we have a mint nearly new Dyson 😉

She was’t impressed, but knows what I’m like 🙂

So in return she popped into Tile Giant bought a load of flooring and into Homebase and bought one of their oscillating cutting tools which are on offer to help me fit it 🙂 Win win!

binners

And they say romance is dead

nedrapier

Wife and I spent the day pollarding the 10m willow in the front garden. Silky sugoi zip tied to the end of a 5m extendy pole. Managed to get it all down without snapping the telephone cable threaded through the middle, or breaking any windows, passers by, next door’s cars, or each other. bit of ropework to pull a couple of the big stems away from where they wanted to go (house, cable, cars)

Not your traditional romantic activity, but it turned out to be a really nice way of spending time with each other. Succesful project, quite a bit of risk, trust and communication.

She got me a card, despite the “no cards” agreement, because she liked it. “I think you’re mint” with a picture of a mint leaf.

molgrips
    Free Member

I did.. nothing. At all. Neither did my wife!

SiB
    Free Member

Molgrips, oh yes she did

hammyuk
    Free Member

Shhhhhh he doesn’t know about the videos…

dooosuk
    Free Member

but I feel utterly underwhelmed and a little bit not loved today.

OP…FFS grow a pair!

allthegear
    Free Member

Think I fell back in Love with Feargal on the way back from the Dragon Rally in Capel Curig last night…

* s’okay ladies, I’ve not gone all straight – Feargal is my motorbike!

Rachel

weeksy

I gave Mrs weeksy a big helmet…

It has Arai written on it and will be used for the trackdays I’ve booked for her this week.

stevied
    Free Member

Well, as me and the wife don’t seem to be getting on very well at the moment it was a pretty dull day. Got each other a card, I watched the rugby with the kids and she went to bed as she’d been out on Friday night and was still tired…bless!

colonelwax
    Free Member

Me and the Mrs have adopted two children, and they moved in with us yesterday.

Dunno how I’ll top that for a present next year.

smiththemainman
    Free Member

Took my son and his school friend for a blast round Grizedale, allowing the better half a lie in!! returned home around 12-30 to get changed , she handed me a card and some slim fit jeans that i`m too fat for!! Then took her to Wilfs for some soup , then went round Wheelbase Cycles for an hour or so !! and they say romance is dead!! A thoroughly enjoyable valentines day!!

johndoh
    Free Member

Is a nice story.

binners

Are you Brangelina? 😆

Congrats! Thats brill!

jimdubleyou

Mrs Dubleyou is away on the school ski trip.

She left me the flu.

🙁

woody2000

stevied – are you me? That sounds exactly[/u] like my weekend, except I didn’t chance to watch the rugby as I was washing the car (rock n frikkin roll).

Stevet1
    Free Member

Dunno how I’ll top that for a present next year.

By giving them back again 🙂

I joke I joke – great news.
    Op – I sympathise, dunno why you should ‘man up’?

smiththemainman
    Free Member

Thats a belter colonel wax, heres to many happy years together!!What an amazing thing to do!!

Viewing 21 posts - 41 through 61 (of 61 total)

The topic ‘Your valentines…’ is closed to new replies.