Viewing 25 posts - 41 through 65 (of 65 total)
  • Your top ten hip-hop MCs
  • Steelsreal

1. Rakim
    2. Kool Keith
    3. Mc search
    4. Chuck d
    5. Big daddy Kane
    6. MC Ran
    7. Eazy E
    8. Sweet Tee
    9. Guru
    10. Derek B …..

muttley109
    Free Member

Ice cube
    Method Man/Early Wu-Tang
    Beastie Boys
    Aceyalone (check out Book of human language)
    Kool Keith
    Pete Rock
    Aesop Rock
    Guru
    Del the funky homosapien

jamj1974

My hip hop taste is fairly narrow but so good to see some of my favourites represented.

Chuck D
    Mos Def
    Rakim

Boardinbob superb!

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    mikey74
    Free Member

Chuck D: No one else comes close IMO.

colp

Not in order

For the power/voice
    Chuck D
    Guru
    Gza
    Method Man
    Ice Cube

Lyrics
    Ghost Face Killa
    Ice T
    Eminem
    Rakim
    Pharcyde

For a 1 off track, Schooly D – am I black enough for you, worked great in the King of New York

Northwind

Chuck has the greatest voice IMO but I think if you took that away there’d be a lot less elft than some of these other guys have. But, since he could make ordering wallpaper sound like a call to rebellion, he wins the overall.

kayak23

But, since he could make ordering wallpaper sound like a call to rebellion, he wins the overall.

Well, you can get some rather confrontational feature walls. 🙂

Chuck D
    Tuna fish
    Akala
    Skinnyman
    Scroobius Pip
    MCA
    Q-tip
    Roots Manuva
    Guru
    Mc Escher

davidtaylforth
    Free Member

Mos/Talib
    Klashnekoff
    Fliptrix
    Task Force
    Phi Life Cypher
    Capone n Noreaga

Probably not my top ten, but I listen to those the most.

findo_gask
    Free Member

Good question; 10 is quite hard! Not in order, some of my most-listened would include:

Rakim
    El-P
    MF Doom
    Ghostface
    Nas
    Guru
    Q-tip
    Roots Manuva
    Kool Keith
    Pharaoh Monch

DezB
    Free Member

Shame it all died.

What died? All the old stuff that people can’t move away from? It hasn’t died, its changed, stayed interesting rather than stagnating and looking to the past all the **** time.

wrecker
    Free Member

No it’s died. There are a couple of half decent artists around, nobody with a straight face can say that Wicky flocky or drake or lemur are any good, because they aren’t. They are a blight on the history of hip hop and the quicker they disappear and the real artists stand up, the more credibility it will have in music. It’s nothing but a joke at present.

aa
    Free Member

It ain’t dead, it’s just that the good artists don’t get the airtime as it’s not the saccharine easy to digest shit that the uninformed seem so eager to consume.
    Its not that the consumer is stupid. Just lazy.
    Its rap idol (or rap factor). No talent ass clowns fronting the ‘me too’ sounds of today.
    But, no it ain’t dead. There’s loads of creative, skillfull and barrier pushing artists out there. You don’t even have too look hard to find them.

bob_summers

Chester P
    Kay lash yer arseclart neck off
    Killer Mike

DezB
    Free Member

Bollocks wrecker, utter balls. Its you who can’t be arsed to look for the decent new stuff.
    Even Drake has got some fantastic tracks in his catalogue, but there’s a hell of a lot more out there, some of it is mind blowing. Don’t blame the music for your loss of interest in it.

lazlowoodbine
    Free Member

RZA
    Biz Markie
    Thes One
    Slick Rick
    Guru

No genre “dies”. Just because the radio or tv isn’t pushing something doesn’t mean it’s gone. Look at all the (mostly crap) “heavy” metal that was being used in loads of films after The Matrix. It got lots of airtime, cos it sold. Then a decade later metal comes back from the dead. No it didn’t, it was always there, it was just marketable again, and worse for it.

I like hip hop and I love death metal and personally I’m happier when they’re not popular so trendy w—–s who are now “metallers” for a month because Linkin Park is in the charts don’t think I’m into what they are. I’m just a bloke who loves moshing.

jmatlock
    Free Member

Anyone saying hip hop is dead has never checked any of the amazing stuff coming out of Buffalo right now.

Griselda records X Fashion Rebels is THE label for hardcore, easy coast Reagen era hip hop. As good as anything Ghostface has ever done.

WestSideGunn
    Conway the Machine
    Mach Homie

Check out all of the following and thank me later

Flygod
    Hitler wore Hermes 1, 2, 3
    Hall and Nash
    Devils reject 1 + 2
    Griselda Ghost
    Don’t be Scared
    50 round drum
    There is God and Flygod, Praise both.
    They killed Pookie

It’s all on YouTube and is the best, rawest hip hop in years. Producers recently seem to have forgotten about drums, Daringer has single handedly bought drums back.

wrecker
    Free Member

Even Drake has got some fantastic tracks in his catalogue

And you pull me up for talking bollocks? 😐

DezB
    Free Member

Yep!

wrecker
    Free Member

Makes two of us then doesn’t it?

DezB
    Free Member

Ooh, i tell ya what son, music ain’t as good as it used to be. Love clichés me.

steveoath
    Free Member

Saul Williams
    Chuck D
    Mos Def
    Mistah Bohze
    Q-Tip
    Loki (Glasgow)
    Mog
    Del(tron3030)

wrecker
    Free Member

The thing about clichés is, sometimes they are accurate. I will give the stuff jmatlock has recommended a crack but I won’t be listening to drake at any point in the future.

walleater

I’ll throw in a couple more from a UK angle:

Skorzayzee
    Life MC

and……

…..MC Pitman? 😉

zzjabzz
    Free Member

I don’t really know the names of the vocalists, but I like Dead Prez, Jedi Mind Tricks, Immortal Technique (I think that’s a person). Oh, and Dirty North, from Manchester, if they’re still going.

tenfoot

Monie Love
    Kool Keith
    Queen Latifah
    Q-Tip
    Chuck D
    KRS-One
    Roxanne Shante
    Bambaata

Groups:-
    UTFO
    Ultramagnetic MCs
    BDP
    Ugly Duckling
    De La Soul
    Run DMC
    EPMD

I’ve been watching The Get Down on Netflix recently. Think I’ll have to get my old vinyl out.

Viewing 25 posts - 41 through 65 (of 65 total)

The topic ‘Your top ten hip-hop MCs’ is closed to new replies.