Viewing 38 posts - 1 through 38 (of 38 total)
  • Your time's up
  • BillMC

http://www.theguardian.com/world/2015/oct/06/end-of-world-7-october-ebible-fellowship

What are you planning for your last day on this earth?

bikebouy
    Free Member

I shall be working, several meetings to attend, two business cases to set out, I’d like to get a pair of sunglasses altered so they don’t fall off my face, also one of my cars needs a new esp sensor fitting so that’s off the the garage, I’m expecting a delivery from Rapha, lunchtime chats with a colleague and I’ve just forgotten Wednesday is sausage sandwich day so ….
    If the world does end, I’d better get a move on and sort all that lot out before then eh!

Don’t suppose they gave time too did they?

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Given the way this evening is going so far, I shall spend much of the day nursing a monstrous hangover by the pool before heading to the airport for my flight home. Been a long couple of weeks. Can’t wait to get home, hug my children and slide in to bed with Mrs CFH.

Unless the world ends, of course. In which case, I’ll be deader than caliper brakes on road bikes.

stewartc
    Free Member

Any indication on the actual time as I am planning to watch a film later and would not want to miss the ending (of the film)?

paladin

I’m going out to play on my bike. I’ll save cleaning it until tomorrow tho, just in case the world does end today.

slackalice
    Free Member

Today is a bit inconvenient to be honest. Can it be rescheduled? I’ll get my people to talk with their people and come back to you.

BillMC

I wouldn’t have painted the bathroom yesterday if I’d have known. Plus I’m going to have to pull Thursday’s ride back to today and today the heavens will open, according to the BBC.

cloudnine
    Free Member

Riding at climachx and then stuffing my face with curry.. It is my birthday today. Did the ebible bashers give any indications of time or how it would end? I hope it involves water rather than fire…
    I knew it was a bad omen when my boss bought me tickets to surf Snowdonia.. Which is now catastrophically broken…..

Pigface
    Free Member

So far so good, all still here I assume. Bit early though, still plenty of time for the apocalypse.

stumpy01

Working out in Germany, before flying home this afternoon and then unpacking!

I feel like I should have prepared and made it a little less mundane!

Had I realised I’d have treated myself to another round of scrambled eggs and bacon from the breakfast buffet!

sharkbait
    Free Member

Today is a bit inconvenient to be honest. Can it be rescheduled?

No, today’s good – the stuff I’ve got to do today is a bit boring and frankly it would be a nice distraction.

bob_summers

, I’ll be deader than caliper brakes on road bikes.

That’s an idea. I’m going to spend it having the last word on various wheel size/disk brake/coffee machine/scottish independance threads. I might be dead, but at least I was right.

bencooper
    Free Member

I like how God, an omnipotent being, needs 1600 days to do the paperwork for the apocalypse.

akira

I was planning world domination, barely seems worth it now.

Kryton57

I shall again be wallowing in another day of self misery caused by my current illness. I wish I was working, or could ride a bike as I hate being bored. Still On the bright side, I suppose this might break up my day.

I’ll wait until tomorrow to order my winter wheels though.

scotroutes

Off to the GP in 30 mins to get the result of a blood test. I’ll not feel so bad if it’s a terminal illness.

hammyuk
    Free Member

Stuck indoors still unable to walk properly – well who needs legs anyway if it all ends… (what time though as that bird on the property program is a bit tasty and I’d hate to miss her)

Flaperon

I’ve got norovirus. The world can’t end soon enough.

jerseychaz

Damn. I’ve just been to Sainsburys and got a weeks shopping in! Still I’d better drink the litre of gin rather than make Sloe Gin now 🙂

DezB
    Free Member

“There’s a strong likelihood that this will happen,” McCann said, although he did leave some room for error: “Which means there’s an unlikely possibility that it will not.”

It must be great to be mental. Life would be so different.

I’ve actually got a “finding a job” advice meeting today, maybe I’ll just not bother.

perchypanther
    Free Member

I’ve actually got a “finding a job” advice meeting today, maybe I’ll just not bother.

Get a job as “Prophet of the impending Apocalypse”

There might be an unexpected vacancy advertised tomorrow.

Apparently, it’s not that difficult and expectations of success seem to be pretty low… 😀

lemonysam
    Free Member

I had chocolate cake for breakfast. I feel a bit sick but I wasn’t sure how long I’d have to eat it.

ineedabeer
    Free Member

Destroyed by fire eh!!!!! Its pissing down here so I think I will be ok!!!! 😀

badnewz
    Free Member

I’m going to ride to my favourite local pub for lunch. Hope to get a couple of pints in before it all-kicks off-like.

bikebouy
    Free Member

Sausage sarnie consumed, looking out of the office window I see no balls of fire nor even the slightest hint of “warmth” coming from anywhere near me, it’s just damp and grey.
    What do they call it in Scotland “dreek” or something ? well it’s like that.

scotroutes

Dreich

paladin

scotroutes – Member
    Dreich

If God can destroy northeast Scotland with fire today, he’ll be doing bloody well!

I did take the bike out for a spin tho, and rode it as if it was my last day on earth, survived, and had a great time 🙂

perchypanther
    Free Member

If God can destroy northeast Scotland with fire today, he’ll be doing bloody well!

slowoldman

I’m going to ride to my favourite local pub for lunch. Hope to get a couple of pints in before it all-kicks off-like.

Don’t forget the peanuts and watch out for a friendly passing alien to give you a lift.

perchypanther
    Free Member

Don’t forget the peanuts and watch out for a friendly passing alien to give you a lift

Hoopy! Do you know where your towel is?

willard

Did they say when today? Only I bought a large pack of fig rolls and I’ll need a lot of tea available to be able to eat them all.

thestabiliser
    Free Member

Team meeting tomorrow, so, fingers crossed 🙂

Frankenstein
    Free Member

I’m off to withdrawal my money and spend it on coccaine, cigars and hookers!

bikebouy
    Free Member

I bit into a chilli at lunchtime… it’s the only fireball I’ve seen/felt all day today..

As is the weathers closed in here, proper yuk.

DaRC_L

😯 did I miss it?

perchypanther
    Free Member

did I miss it?

No …wait a minute….I’m looking out the window and there’s an enormous ball of fire in the sky…..WE’RE DOOMED……AAAAAAARRRRGGGGHH!

Oh, hang on. It’s gone behind a cloud again. Until next May probably.

Panic over. As you were…… 😳

aracer
    Free Member

It’s already tomorrow in NZ – any updates from there whether the world has ended for them?

trailhound101

Hope it doesn’t all kick off before the Great British Bake Off final is broadcast.

Viewing 38 posts - 1 through 38 (of 38 total)

The topic ‘Your time's up’ is closed to new replies.