Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Your thoughts please
  • jivehoneyjive
    Free Member

I recently bought some forks off the classifieds, asking the seller beforehand to confirm there was no wear on the stanchions, which he did, stating they were in good condition, with no wear~

The pics I received showed the stanchions from an angle which confirmed everything was good… as soon as they arrive, I extend the U turn and find a sizable shiny silver patch on the gold stanchion~ seller has refunded me, but expects me to pay postage both ways…

What say you oh wise sages?

geoffj

Pay it and move on – life’s too short.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

wee shoes bombers name shame etc.

Or move on, with forks ask for pics of the entire stanchion no piccies no sale.

yourmywifenow
    Free Member

Pay up and buy a brand new set with all the guarantees

andrewh
    Free Member

You three are quite calm about it, if it was me I would be pretty cross. If he has refunded you already hang onto the forks until he covers your postage costs too. Mis-describing is just not on. Partly you don’t want to be out of pocket for two lots of postage and partly you have wasted a lot of time searching for forks to buy which you will now have to do again and won’t be able to ride between now and then either.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Yep I’m calm but if I’m looking at second hand I will insist on pics of the full thing, especially with certain brands. No Pics no sale.

Mis selling is bad and the person should be ashamed and refunding postage but short of a 50 page thread with protracted slanging matches it probably wont happen. Life is too short.

davewalsh
    Free Member

If the seller has already refunded you, tell him to also pay the postage or refuse to return the forks. Taking pictures with the u-turn on to hide wear is simply not on. If you paid by any method that allows you to get your cash back i.e. paypal (not gift) then exercise that option to reclaim all your cost. If you’ve no comebacks i.e. paypal gift, bank transfer etc. then pay the postage costs and name and shame once you’ve been refunded.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Your thoughts please’ is closed to new replies.