Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 102 total)
  • Your tenuous links to the bike industry……
  • eddie11
    Free Member

My Mother-in-laws vicar is Sims dad (i think)

i win.

jonathan
    Free Member

My brother's a surgeon and one of the theatre nurses he works with is Will Longden's mum.

A colleague's mum knows Mark Cavendish's mum.

They're my most tenuous connections 😉

jonathan
    Free Member

Oh – and Tinker Juarez once stole a friend of mine's pump!

MTB-Idle
    Free Member

Steve Worland from MBUK's brother lives down my road and I spoke to him once at our Queen's Diamond Jubilee Street Party in 2002.

He looks a bit like Steve

racing_ralph
    Free Member

I baby sat the lads that own:

http://www.18bikes.co.uk/index.php

noteeth
    Free Member

Ride once published a letter inwhich I was very rude about MBUK.

barnsleymitch
    Free Member

I used to work with dave hindes' sister in law. She told me could get me a 'good' discount on one of his bikes. In the end, after much fannying about, I was offered fifteen quid off a two grand bike – laughed my fat yorkshire arse off!

zangolin
    Free Member

higgo – Member
    Zangolin wins it so far for me if the conversation had nothing to do with bikes.

Was working in a Colnago dealers stateside 89/90.
    Some guy on the phone calling from Italy – eventually I understood his broken English he wanted to speak to the boss + was called Mr Ernesto Colnago. So not an indepth conversation really!

jimster
    Free Member

My old landlord is Ian Fagan's brother who was a pro-racer back in the 80's, most famous for having a punch-up after being knocked off in the Milk Race in London with the Houses of Parliament in the back ground with the chap who knocked him off!!

bigrich

my girlfriend rubbed chris hoys' thighs

sslowpace
    Free Member

I made Dave Hemming a cup of tea in my LBS

ruminant
    Free Member

My surname is moulton

and the company I work for prints the boxes for Hope. I did the artwork

we also do the bike boxes for Cotic

Rickos
    Free Member

I go to barbecues with David Rand (ex British road champion) and his family
    I see the blokes from Dirt mag in the sandwich van queue

flip
    Free Member

I own one of joey mclaughlin's old Ever Ready/Halfords cycling tops from the 8o's 😯

And i won a MTB race wearing it.

guitarhero
    Free Member

my mate accidentally walked in on Rachel Atherton in the pub toilets in Morzine a couple of weeks ago.

marsdenman
    Free Member

Fantastic! – LOL, thought this thread had died a death overnight but no…..

Some serious tenuosity (new word) in there!!

jimster
    Free Member

I overtook Mick Ives on a climb at a race in the FOD once, okay I had a better line and once he got round the corner he rocketed past me!! 😆

zangolin
    Free Member

Once did a road race in Barnoldswick, Lancashire – 1982. That's about 8 years before Hope started making stuff there.

fozzybear
    Free Member

the guy who services my car (and i ride with occasionally), his mate is the importer for blackspire..

tenuous enough?

Ruminant, where is your box company based? I might be looking for a new box supplier shortly as my current one got bought out and moved location. Got a website?

enfht
    Free Member

A thread I posted once was replied to by the one they call Brant

dunsapie
    Free Member

A mate of mine did the aerodynamic design on the Giant and Scott TT road bikes.
    Went to a Tim March training session at Deddington back in the late 80s.

woody2000

Here's me on a ski holiday with Jenny Wade, daughter of Steve Wade of Orange Bikes fame; we also went to school together. Not tenuous enough maybe? 🙂

Jenga
    Free Member

I met Eddie Merckx once in the central bit of the Velodrome. Had my piccie taken but it went awol with a dodgy hard drive.

I also lent Terry Dolan some money when he was in the early days of his frame building business, though I'm not sure if he ever paid it back.

Oggles
    Free Member

Ribble Cycles was my Great Grandfather's shop. He was also involved with the Tour of Britain (or Milk Race as it was then) and plenty of other races in the area. My mum used to live above the Watery Lane shop in Preston. And look where the business is now. Unfortunately not in the family though!

dave_rudabar
    Free Member

I worked for a day at Leisure Lakes, Bury, to get info for a project it was doing.

ruminant
    Free Member

Hi mike-at-dialledbikes

The company's based in Chesterfield

The company is inspirepac

The rep you want to speak to is a guy called Mark Hextall

MTB-Idle
    Free Member

I went into an Evans outlet once.

nobody spoke to me.

rs
    Free Member

I bought some used mavic deetraks wheels off one of the product design managers at dakine.

I've stood at the creek gap that wade simmons broke his leg on up fromme, can't believe people do that on a bike. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YNTejL2CAPk

thats the best/worst i can do.

smogmonster

I used to ride with the guy who wrote the NYM version of the Vertebrate Graphics books.

CHB

Ok…even more tenuous link building on Ruminants.
    I buy boxes from a sister site of the one that Ruminant works at.

Surely that is the most tenuous yet?

CHB

If thats not good enough, I supplied a load of decaff tea to On-one late last year. Anyone getting a free cuppa has Daves cheek and my delivery skills to thank.

ruminant
    Free Member

CHB, would that be wetherby?

coatesy
    Free Member

I once built Will Longden's(who is he anyway) old hubs into wheels for an ex colleague as a favour, turned out he'd already sold them on at an extortionate price and got busted when the chappy found out via another customer of mine.

CHB

Hi Ruminant, yes it is.
    Never knew the group did boxes for Hope!
    Might have to ask Ken or Geoff for some packed samples for our christmas auction.

ruminant
    Free Member

CHB – Join the queue, we had some very tasty hubs and stems whilst we designed the boxes. even a lefty one that would have looked great on my prophet.

The lights as well – that was torture as we had the new head torch thingy in the office before anyone knew about it

which company are you? might work on your artwork

CHB

I got some hope lights (twin) from the Chain Reaction flood sale, never had a box with em so didn't see your handywork.
    I work for a small tea and coffee company in Harrogate.

Elmo
    Free Member

I deliver whatever guff the Athertons order.
    There quite often.
    Gee's 4x trophy frm the bike radar live thing is dumped on the shoes in the porch!
    Saw Rachael a month or so ago riding around the village, arm in sling with a nice scar from her shoulder operation!

brakes
    Free Member

I gave job evaluation training to the HR team of the company that owns the Mavic brand 🙂

jova54
    Free Member

When we lived in Milton Keynes we changed our phone number because of nuisance calls.

Some years later I found it had been given to Phil Corley Cycles where I bought my first proper mountain bike, and he's still using it MK311424.

Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 102 total)

The topic ‘Your tenuous links to the bike industry……’ is closed to new replies.