Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 201 total)
  • Your STW name
  • ThePilot
    Free Member

Why did you choose what you chose?
    I’m not a pilot, nor even a trolley dolly. I joined STW because I had some Scott Pilot bars to sell, hence the name The Pilot. Tell me why you chose yours.

RealMan
    Free Member

Obvious, really.

brakes
    Free Member

it was bakes, which is what people call me, but then became brakes after the great STW christmas crash
    it’s weird as sometimes it appears as bakes and other times brakes

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    emma82
    Free Member

hasn’t this been done before? My name is my name and the year I was born. simplez

pixelmix
    Free Member

Name of a photoblog website I have.

binners

I live in a bin.

ThePilot
    Free Member

Quite possibly emma82. No need to reply if you don’t want to.

ton

cos i am and do.

missingfrontallobe
    Free Member

I have a brain tumour and after two operations have very little of my right frontal lobe left.

I’m in the process of trying to get copies of my MRI scans – quite scary.

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

It’s a combination of where I live (the South of England) and a nickname I got at my triathalon club after I waxed my whole body (except my eyebrows) to give me the edge.

sc-xc

after the song by Liberty X.

sc-xc, everything about you is so sc-xc…etc

john_drummer
    Free Member

JustGoRide
    Free Member

I named myself after a website 😯

roger_mellie

Yes it has been done before, but what the hell….

Roger Mellie, the man on the telly, from Viz when I read it about 20 years ago. I’m not feeling at all old then…

markenduro
    Free Member

I used to have and enduro and my name is Dave

emsz
    Free Member

Don’t much like like my real name ‘Em’ is what my friends call me, forum name is partly that and partly an in joke with my gf

Cougar

Back in my college / Uni days, I needed a unique alias for online use as there were too many Alan’s. I got “Cougar” from Top Gun of all things, it was vaguely arbitrary but it’s sort of a play on my surname and I’m a cat person I guess, so it seemed to fit.

20 years on, it seems to have stuck, to a point where some people use it in real life. Which is a bit odd, but I’m cool with that. It’s no longer the unique moniker it was then so I’m “UKCougar” when Cougar isn’t available.

Teetosugars
    Free Member

A nod to my days of being in the Army, & love of brews.

crikey
    Free Member

Oh not this again..

It’s a Northern expression of surprise or excitement, used in situations when one is perhaps unable to think of something to say and swearing is therefore inappropriate. If you caught the vicar up to his taters in your mum, if the whippet you bought in good faith from a man from Barnoldswick turned out to be lame, if the pie you bought from a pie shop in that Hebden Bridge turned out to be made by a fat bloke from Huddersfield rather than a slender lesbian pastry chef, if the bus that you assumed would take you home from watching speedway at the Shay stadium stopped running two hours previously, if the lady in the nightclub who asked you to buy her some chips turned out to be fourteen, bloody fourteen I tell thee, if you decided to walk to the next bus stop to keep warm, missed the last bus and had to sleep under a pile of cardboard, and more positively, if the girlfriend you decided to get rid of turned up at your house in her mums fur coat had nowt on, that’s NOWT on underneath, and the man in the kebab shop gave you free chips because you’d been sick outside instead of inside, and when you got up in t’morning, your mum said she liked the flowers that you’d stolen from outside the Civic Centre….

You might say crikey.

It used to be blimey, but then all the trouble started and I decided I’d choose something totally different.

Swelper
    Free Member

My surname with “er” on the end

maxray
    Free Member

Lol! Name of a character in the 80s cartoon the centurions. Power extremeeeeeee!

rusty-trowel
    Free Member

Ex-brickie due to bike related injuries.

ThePilot
    Free Member

Loving the interesting replies. I’m kind of newish here so this topic is new to me. But if it is not to you and you are part of the ‘not again’ brigade, thanks for replying but no need if it’s old hat to you.
    Emsz – ok, I’m guessing you’re German and your real name is in fact Ermentrude? Tell me I’m not right… 😆

postierich
    Free Member

My black and white cat has sadly passed away 😥

DSC00121 by Richard Munro, on Flickr

iDave
    Free Member

iDunno

crikey
    Free Member

‘Crikey’ is also what I said when I saw postierichs’ other half. She is very pretty indeed.

Crikey. It’s a word for all occasions.

Steve-Austin
    Free Member

I’m a retired astronaut

forgotmename
    Free Member

Ive forgotten!

this_wreckage
    Free Member

Onzadog
    Free Member

In memory of my dog who passed in 2005. Guess what his name was.

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

I have no imagination. I have a tandem. Jeremy is my name and it was not available –

Konastoner
    Free Member

Because this nearly killed me on it’s first outing: –

dirtybike
    Free Member

I have had mine since Go Far and can`t remember the reason……..

K

Because my parents couldn’t Spell X properly.

emma82
    Free Member

The Pilot – Member
    Quite possibly emma82. No need to reply if you don’t want to.
    POSTED 23 MINUTES AGO # REPORT-POST

Don’t be so sensitive!! I’m only teasing ;p

emsz
    Free Member

Pilot LOL its not Ermentrude It’s Amelia.

trickydisco
    Free Member

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-3gS5SjjA10[/video]

Woody
    Free Member

Been my nickname since I was 5………….a looooong time ago 😆

TurnerGuy
    Free Member

On my first ride with the muddymoles matt couldn’t remember my name for his blog – so I became some guy on a turner 🙂

GJP
    Free Member

GJP – They are my initials. I am not very imaginative.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 201 total)

The topic ‘Your STW name’ is closed to new replies.