Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 102 total)
  • Your Silliest Mid-life Crisis*
  • Tracey

It was some guy who was trying to show us how it all worked 🙁 Still dont know after two years and 24000 miles

Dickyboy

Marrying the woman who says I need to live to 2098*

* I’ll be 134 😯

funkmasterp

I wanted a midlife crisis when I turned forty this year. Can’t afford one though. Really wanted to get a Cotic Flare. Living on the edge, that’s me.

Does having a second child count?

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    dazh

Not done it yet but I could so easily get back into this sort of thing again…

[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mc6rKvKkhWo[/video]

wors

I turned 40 this year,

so far – no tattoo, no motorbike, no affair

I did have a bash at ironman for the last few years but **** that for a game of soldiers.

binners

hodgynd – Member
    Binners..Jack Bauer boots ..are you a government agent too..?

Ssssssshhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!

😀

jekkyl

given up your jobs Wallop?! what have you got planned?
    just going into another job or something more aspirational?

taxi25
    Free Member

Starting MX again at 57, I’m soooooo slow and have been on of injured all year. Loving it though and can’t wait for next years season !!!

shermer75
    Free Member

Backpacking in South America at 42 lol (it was amazing!! 🙂 )

johnx2
    Free Member

Started surfing aged 39. Idiot.

(A friend questioned the notion of MLCs “I’ve always liked sex, drugs and rock ‘n roll. Still do. What’s the crisis?”)

johndoh
    Free Member

Singlespeed

And another old dad here too – 50 and two 8 yr olds.

SammyC
    Free Member

@wallop, so have you and the boy actually quit?! Have you finished yet or still working your notice?

elzorillo
    Free Member

THIS >>

What the HELL was I thinking!!!

BobaFatt
    Free Member

Have been mulling over skateboarding and motorbikes for a while, usually some bill puts paid to my strange impulses

wallop

SammyC – I’m officially on sabbatical from my old place but working for my father in law in the meantime (he has his own business). Other half is on gardening leave!

Jekkyl – bit of a lifestyle change I think. Just going to see what opportunities are out there… the excitement of the unknown!

prawny

I’ve been trying to swing a motorbike for last 7 or 8 years, since I was late 20s so that doesn’t count.

I’ve been thinking of learning to surf but I live about as far from the sea as its possible to get.

I’ll probably get an MX-5 or boxster or something in the next 5-10 years. I’m 35 now so a bit til I hit peak mid life crisis

monkeychild
    Free Member

BMX racing. Never did it as a kid so 40 seems the obvious age to scare the crap out of myself on an iddy biddy bike. Love it though.

nbt

Started playing drums again with a few lads from work. Still going after four years, really enjoying it.

Went to an audition last week for a part in a play at the local theatre. Never acted before. They offered me the part 😯 😳

Looking forward to it. Off to pick up my script tonight!

mrmonkfinger
    Free Member

Going sober/straight/sensible.

Bloody daft idea. Bring back the lost weekends.

jimw
    Free Member

Which crisis exactly?
    I suppose mine in my 50’s is the Lapiz blue VW Golf sitting outside
    In my 40’s it was taking up cycling again, in particular mountain biking. Best think I ever did as it has improved my life in so many ways.
    In my late 30’s it was taking a year off work and going round the world on my own

onlysteel
    Free Member

Single speed at 47. Still love it 10 years later.

tonyg2003

the Menoporsche!

Edukator
    Free Member

Registering on an MTB forum.

TurnerGuy
    Free Member

Bought one of these just over a year ago, at 52 :

[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zk6QUDCh_48&t=93s[/video]

only actually been out on it once, but seemed to be starting to get the hang of it.

legalalien
    Free Member

44 years old. 4 kids. 2 in college. Youngest 5. Oldest 22. Super demanding job that keeps getting busier.

Just signed as a personal guarantor for a new business (so I’m on the hook if it goes tits up). Am basically funding a new personal training and MMA gym that will be run daily by someone else with my wife and I managing the back office, finances etc. I will also train people there at the weekends (as an MMA striking coach).

In my mind, this will be fun and successful gig on the side, pay for a new motorbike and lease me a nice new car next year.

In reality I will be a stressed-out, debt-ridden nervous wreck with no time for an actual life and will be beaten senseless in sparring by stronger, fitter, faster animals 20 years my junior.

WTF am I thinking?!? 🙂

eddiebaby
    Free Member

Edit. Me being a cock again. 😳

kayak23

I bought a petrol strimmer for the allotment, and the braap made me want another motorcycle so, I bought another motorcycle.

Not had one for about 16 years..a motorcycle that is, not a strimmer.

scaredypants

road riding 😳

next installment might be one of those geometron frames 🙄

hoping that my late-mid life crisis will involve quitting work and doing lots of biking and me and MrsPants travelling to moderately interesting places (mostly with my bike(s) too)

CheesybeanZ

Treated myself to a brand new Hayabusa , then had it tuned and remapped , race exhaust.. scared myself stupid for a couple of years 😀

sprootlet
    Free Member

Took up wakeboarding at the age of 44, now have no ACL in my left knee…..should have bought a 2 seater sports car!

dougieb
    Free Member

Kids too – at 46 I’ve got a 7 year old, 5 year old and 10 month old. That’s me done on that front though.

Oh, and I just bought a PS4 and a copy of GTA 5 – does that count?

stevemuzzy
    Free Member

Going crazy for wild camping stuff and spending lots of £££ I dont really have. To the point of buying a new bike just to do it….

alpin
    Free Member

eddiebaby – Member
    Blonde, curvy and 22 yrs younger than me. (And still well legal.)

This only counts of you didn’t pay for it…. If you did then it’s a wise investment.

alpin
    Free Member

penguinni – Member
    Began training as a Paramedic. At 54.

Surely that’s a positive!

alpin
    Free Member

Bought an MX-5. What’s silly about that you hear?

Exactly…. The gf has one. Brilliant motor and cost less than my bike!
    Cruising through the Alps with the roof down is kinda nice.

alpin
    Free Member

mrmonkfinger – Member
    Going sober/straight/sensible

Sounds shit

TiRed

Took up road racing at 45. Have now just become a second Cat at 50. I think it took my club mate four races to get the same progression!

Ripstik riding is a lot of fun, especially at the Skate Park.

And wearing the kids hand-me-down Converses because my feet are smaller and narrower than theirs.

rOcKeTdOg

More into long boards now though
    [Img]https://s18.postimg.org/bre47zus9/2017-11-22_11-53-44.jpg[/img]

TheFlyingOx

I just quit a well paying job with no other job to go to, because it was the most toxic place I’ve ever worked and was ruining my mental health. Still have a mortgage and bills and everything although thankfully not commensurate with my peers, who have been spending money on tick like it was the apocalypse. Not sure what the next step is.

I can paint and cook and have a chemistry degree. Anyone hiring?

earl_brutus

at 42, I gained a penchant for tailor made suits, and now have 3. 2 of them made in Vietnam whilst there on business in the most outlandish colours I could find.

Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 102 total)

The topic ‘Your Silliest Mid-life Crisis*’ is closed to new replies.

New deal added to Members Discounts