Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Your roughstuff/cross bike suggestions
  • mattsccm
    Free Member

The cash is nearly there so time to make the most of peoples opinions.
    I am after a cross bike or frame. Not specifically to race, more of a play/roughstuff bike, so variations on a theme maybe. Option 1 is to go for a mainstream cross or touring bike. They both have the same virtues ie lots of mud clearance. However I fancy something different. Would like a high front end as my back prefers bars near seat height. My duff elbows prefer drops. I am a 30" legged 5'7" er. Discs would be nice. Looking at things like Singular Pergrine but maybe I am missing something. Steel please as Ti is too pricey and after getting back on my 531 road bike and using it off road I realise that its far nicer than alloy and carbon.
    Bright ideas please. All fads and prejudices gratefully considered.

firestarter
    Free Member

mmm peregrine 😉 very nice . ive a surly crosscheck which is lovely but non disc. id love a peregrine but funds do not allow at present. maybe a roadrat too ?

ton
    momentum
    Free Member

If Sam made one big enough I'd trade my Crosscheck in for a Peregrine, even though I like my crosscheck, because it is so well thought out and looks so gorgeous! Don't think- there's much that has the versatility of the peregrine and has disks, but Chrosscheck is pretty close and I have a disc fork to improve stopping power. You could look at the Salsa Fargo, but that's designed more for some serious offroad adventures and might be overkill.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘Your roughstuff/cross bike suggestions’ is closed to new replies.