Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Your riding + its evolution?
  • DaveyBoyWonder
    Free Member

Thinking earlier how much my riding has evolved over the last few years. Started in the early 90's doing the XC thing with purple bits, long stems etc. Then it all went a little jumpy and street, then raced downhill for a couple of years before getting rid and buying a 'hardcore hardtail' which to be honest, I rode around on long all day rides like a fairy. But over the last year, I can count the number of times I've ridden more than 15/20 miles on the fingers of one hand but I'm riding more than ever now. Short super technical rides, trying to really really push the limits of what I can ride. Steps, steep rocks etc – stuff I might have thought twice about with an 8" travel downhill bike I'm now edging down on a short travel slack full susser. And I'm loving it.

Hows your riding changed over the years and what are you riding now?

qwerty
    Free Member

started off with a long travel kit for my Mag21s and now riding round on a SS CX bike – where'd i go wrong? 😯

oldgit
    Free Member

Road racing in the mid 70s, steel and Campag were the only option back then.
    Added cyclocross in the late 70s.
    Raced road, TTs, Triathlon and Biathlon through the 80s.
    Went back to road only in the 90s.
    First mountainbike 1998.
    Gave up the road racing.
    Did my first 24 and enduro in 2000, been doing them ever since.
    Started doing some XCs in 2008
    Went back to cyclocross in 2009.
    Racing road again from March 2010

Hope to race road, cross and xc this year.

lowey

I've just been a mincing god since 88 😆

trail_rat
    Free Member

late 90s got into dirt jumping – morphed into downhill racing in the early 00s with some top 10s in youth and jnr then went to uni and slid down the board

sacked that in 05 to concentrate on triathlon – few of the guys in the tri club fancied doing first puffer 24 and asked me to ride with them as the only other member left with off road experiance

saw messrs JCVdV and lister doing it solo and thought thats what i want to do. as it happened we ran out of bikes and bits at 7am ! and finished dead centre

Bought an XC bike – rode the crap out of it for a year – moved onto an SS early 06 and started on my quest to 24 solo – by doing the no fuss races

did the puffer as a team of 4 again and we came 4th – big improvement.

multitude of XC and long distance racing

and now i can say ive finished the puffer solo (also 4th) – new goal to ride the Tour divide once my training period at work is up 🙁

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Your riding + its evolution?’ is closed to new replies.