• This topic has 17 replies, 17 voices, and was last updated 13 years ago by LoCo.
Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • Your recommendations for where to send my rear fox shock for service
  • jj55

where is the best value?… or should I risk it and do it myself?
    Ta muchly

mildred

Mojo as they're the importer and UK service agent, or TF tuned who are simply very good.

I've used both and both are good. TF are slightly easier to talk to and arrange things with (custom tunes etc.) though they never answer emails… ever! Whereas in the past it depends who you get on the phone at Mojo (though my last few experiences have been great).

stew1982
    Free Member

Stendec – good service and a nice bloke too.

peteimpreza

TF Tuned. Top professional service from some very nice people.

DaveL
    Free Member

Do it yourself, it's really easy. Seals from here: http://www.mojostore.co.uk/acatalog/Seal_Kits.html

Video here:

Dave

namastebuzz
    Free Member

+1 for DaveL's idea – the rear shocks are dead simple to do.

Only annoying bit is when the guy says the service kit is $6 – coz it's £10 over here 😡

dangerousbeans
    Free Member

That's just the aircan service though, I think the one done by Mojo or TF Tuned is a bit more intensive.

Hadge
    Free Member

TFT – top blokes, very friendly, excellent service. Thread closed 🙂

z1ppy

Also worth mentioning http://www.locotuning.co.uk/ run by an ex-Fox Racing Shocks technician
    I've not used him, but he get good reports on here and looks to be slightly cheaper. No doubt to try and build up his user base, hey no bad thing for him or us.

jj55

Is it REALLY as easy as Dave makes out in his posting with the youtube clip?? If so why does it cost so much to have it done for you?? Surely there is a catch to this??

retro83
    Free Member

Is it REALLY as easy as Dave makes out in his posting with the youtube clip?? If so why does it cost so much to have it done for you?? Surely there is a catch to this??

Because that is only the bare minimum service. A proper outfit will strip the damper, change all the o-rings inside, recharge the nitrogen, possibly adjust the shims as needed etc. A bit involved for most!

carlos
    Free Member

Hadge & Peteimpreza +1

foxyrider
    Free Member

1. DIY
    2. Simon@Loco Tuning (www.locotuning.co.uk)

Amos
    Free Member

Try ox shox the guy used to run the hydraulics department at Honda f1 he recently serviced my RP23 and is cheaper than mojo or Tim flooks

Dibbs
    Free Member

The air can service is a DIY job and supposed to be done every 3 months or so (or it was the last time I read a Fox owners manual).

dale
    Free Member

my vote goes to tft good honest people ,easy to talk too.If youre shock is over 2 years old and ridden regularly then the damping circuit needs looking at.Its pricey but worth it, no point in having suspention if its not working for you 😉

nuke

Are Loco doing Fox shocks yet. I had a look on their website and it said

"Rear Shocks

Coming soon full services including oil, all seals and Nitrogen recharge if applicable from £65.00 !"

LoCo
    Free Member

Morning, sorry been at the Pearce cycles Downhill race at Bucknell woods all weekend, top event sat in the sun watching the racing inbetween working.

I can now service Fox DHX coil and air rear shocks, also vanillas.
    Floats and and RP's I'll be able to do in couple of days when I've got some nitrogen. Any queries drop me a mail or a call.

Simon

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)

The topic ‘Your recommendations for where to send my rear fox shock for service’ is closed to new replies.