Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Your recommendations for a car/van upholstery cleaner please
  • IHN

The front seats in the STW-Issue T5 Camper are, frankly disgusting.

Any recommendations for an upholstery cleaner?

perchypanther
    Free Member

I have one of these. A Vax Radipe Ultra 2. Bought it in a January sale a couple of years back and it’s been well worth it.

Has an upholstery brush attachment sucky hose thingy which I’ve used a few times on the cars. Works well and doesn’t soak the seats too much.

Did a couple of carpets in the house over the weekend as a matter of fact. THey were filthy with kids tracking in from the garden but came up a treat.

The colour of the water that you end up emptying away is horrifying. 😯

bigyinn
    Free Member

The Halfords spray bottles of upholstery cleaner are pretty good.
    Ideally they should be done with the help of a wet / dry hoover. The trouble is, this time of year really isn’t the best to try and get car seats dry.
    The ones in our Scenic looked like there had been a dirty protest and they cleaned up pretty well with the stuff.
    Personally I’d wait until the spring when you stand a chance of some warm weather.

NorthCountryBoy
    Free Member

As above you really need to use a “wet” vacum cleaner like a vax etc. I use diluted biological washing liquid that would go in a washing machine.
    Spray it on from a spray bottle and leave it to break down the oil / dirt then lift off and rinse with the vax.
    The VW seat fabric is decent tough stuff they should come up well.

IHN

Cool, cheers all.

Perchy – can I borrow your hoover? 🙂

perchypanther
    Free Member

Perchy – can I borrow your hoover

Let me think……lending a valuable electrical appliance to some random bloke off the internet that i’ve never met…..mmmmmmm?

😉

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Your recommendations for a car/van upholstery cleaner please’ is closed to new replies.