Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • Your password will expire in…
  • TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

13 days. Seriously **** off, I kjnow it will. You told me it was going to expire in 14 days yesterday! Just **** fo one, why don’t you just tell me when it;s going to exxcpire that’s all i Need to know!

Jeeeeezzzusssss!

donsimon
    Free Member

….And breathe…

rewski
    Free Member

Your heart attack will happen in 12 days…

wwaswas

Why not just change it when you get the first reminder – you won’t get another that way?

FuzzyWuzzy

If you’re talking about Windows AD then you can adjust the warning period with a GPO setting, the default 14 days is a bit ridiculous.

sweepy
    Free Member

Ive got so many passwords, and ex passwords now that I have to write them all on a piece of paper on the side of the pooter, which rather defeats the object.

ononeorange

Changing it when you get the first reminder feels far too much like giving in to the annoying, petty little ****. I leave mine until it expires just to annoy Microsoft.

Perhaps I should get out more.

wwaswas

trick is to have a complex word or phrase that you use that’s secret. Always follow it by a few numbers.

Keep a list of sites but only write the numbers next to each one. The ‘public’ part of the password is useless.

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

Exactly… I ain’t going to be defeated by the corporate giants and change my password every 2 weeks! I’m going to win this battle.

‘Your computer will automatically re-start in 4m 57secs’

Not on my watch… not never!

chvck
    Free Member

The worst is when the password rules are so complicated that it takes half an hour to come up one it accepts. The uni that I went to you could type what you thought was a random alphanumeric string and it’d claim various things such as the password being unacceptable due to being based on a spanish word!

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

wwaswas… I do the numbers… and by changing it monthly I use ut as a sort of prison wall scorecard… XX months with my current employer.

Jamie
    Free Member

Why not just change it when you get the first reminder – you won’t get another that way?

…because he couldn’t start a thread about that, silly!

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

😐

bruneep

and you cant use any numbers or letters in a similar pattern to your last password.

Arrrrrrrrrrrrrrrghhhhhhhhhh

uplink
    Free Member

My password is qwerty1234 – just like IT left it 3 years ago 😀

MrOvershoot

chvck – Member
    The worst is when the password rules are so complicated that it takes half an hour to come up one it accepts.

Yep I have a credit card that is like that for the online account, and every time I try to log in it asks me a memorable question that I didn’t set???

I sorted out a laptop from a work mate that had a text file on the desktop called “passwords” and when you opened it up there was every password he used, I’m sure his wife liked the butt plug I ordered off ebay using his paypal 😉

ononeorange

For those pishy ones on external sites that are forever wittering on about changing it whenever you use it, I release my irritation by using the most sweary combination of insults I can think of. It makes me feel better. The problem of course is that I can’t remember what combination of swearing I used, so next time round I have to re-set it with more swearing. A small price to pay i think.

WorldClassAccident
    Free Member

and you can’t use any password ‘similar’ to the last 15 passwords you have used!

One internal system changes its password every 4 weeks, another every 2 months another apparently at random. Each have subtly different rules about passwords. There is no way to keep the passwords vaguely in synch no all security is written off by having to write the system and password down.

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)

The topic ‘Your password will expire in…’ is closed to new replies.