Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 75 total)
  • Your nominations for the worst customer service?.
  • Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

two companies vying for my affections at present….

Magnet. 5 months and still I don’t have all of my kitchen yet.

Vodafone. Managed to give me a new number for some reason, and ‘lost’ my number of over 10 years.

Vodafone are winning at the moment, but it’s early days.

Over to you.

iain1775
    Free Member

BT
    I don’t need to explain

scotroutes

Should be in the other forum….. 😆

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Air France.
    Another where no explanation is needed.

jam-bo

Indiset are working at it. Washing machine broke three weeks ago, visited two weeks ago to fix, broke again after first wash. Finally came back out today, second engineer reckons first guy never bothered to fix the major problem. Needs to order parts, can’t tell us when they’ll be available or able to fit them.

skiboy
    Free Member

Stansted airport last Monday, 2.5hr flight , 2hrs waiting for our bags in arrivals at carousel 4. Not just me my wife and girls but the entire flights bags went missing ??? We were told nothing because there was absolutely no one to talk to, even the immigration officers had gone home.

surroundedbyhills
    Free Member

Lawyers – but I won’t name them in case the sue me.

Onzadog
    Free Member

Anyone remotely involved in what the UK considers to be a housing market which is nothing more that a thinly veiled legalised scam.

29erKeith
    Free Member

Countrywide anything! Lawyers, conveyancing, mortgages, life assurance…
    Don’t touch with a barge pole, just awful!

Oh and Flybe. Absolutely refuse to refund anything ever! They just ignore you despite what their policy is or the legal obligations. Cancel in good time for a critical illness and extended hospital admissions. Can’t even get taxes back which aren’t there’s! They make one booking single booking into multiple admin fees just for the sake of it to make it impossible to get anything back and just ignore you. Just arseholes profiting on others misfortune.

cardo

Direct Line Insurance — For cancelling our pet insurance when Cardo dog reached 11 years old… they were prepared to let me pay another years premium but omitting this vital piece of info that basically your pet isn’t insured after 11… they didn’t appreciate my call once I’d read the small print, never again.

rene59
    Free Member

Arnold Clark. Without a doubt the most useless customer service teams ever to be assembled anywhere.

codybrennan
    Free Member

nobeer- I work for Vodafone, and I know there’s some kind of odd scheme where I can try and invoke some weird additional help for people. We don’t like it internally as its designed to ensure that our friends and family get better-than-usual service, so that they’ll talk of VF positively, but we feel everyone should get this kind of treatment regardless.

Still, if you want me to try and help, email me:

at

live

dot co dot uk

Can’t promise anything as I’ve not tried it myself, but who knows?

BTW: VF are crap.

thestabiliser
    Free Member

HM Prisons Service..

Kept me waiting for ages…

IGMC

nuke

British Gas

nuke

British Gas: its still too raw for me to discuss…its only been 8 years

timidwheeler
    Free Member

It’s Vodafone.
    I’ve policed Slough, dealt with cotdeaths, delivered death messages and been first on scene at numerous tragedies; all with stoic resolve.
    Vodafone customer service had me in tears. At work.
    My Inspector thought I had PTSD and tried to send me home. He just couldn’t accept that renewing my mobile phone contract would reduce me to sobbing uncontrollably in the report writing room.

chakaping
    Free Member

BG +1

Just thinking about it makes me angry now.

It was also about 8 or 10 years ago.

geoffj

Arnold Clark. Without a doubt the most useless customer service teams ever to be assembled anywhere.

I was coming into this thread with Arnold Shark. Especially the Kia service section in Perth Grrrrr

chewkw
    Free Member

Summary to remind self to avoid or to minimise contact with them … in no particular order.

1. Magnet
    2. Vodafone
    3. BT
    4. Air France
    5. Indiset
    6. Stansted airport
    7. Lawyer (generally speaking)
    8. Housing market (generally speaking)
    9. Countrywide anything!
    10. Flybe
    11. Direct Line Insurance – dog insurance after 11 yrs.
    12. Arnold Clark
    13. HM Prisons Service – only if you need to serve time (for offenders only).
    14. British Gas

Vodafone and British Gas are leading the pack at the moment with Arnold Shark trailing behind …

anjs
    Free Member

Another vote for Vodaphone

PePPeR

EDF in France, thought we’d do the sensible thing of going direct debit after 10 years of living in the same house, you’d think they’d be able to see our spending pattern.
    About 45 Euros a quarter as we don’t live there all the time.

First DD taken for a thousand euro!

Then they return only 800 euros as they decided they want to keep more of our money anyway!

As soon as I get there next week, the damm thing is getting cancelled!

RobHilton
    Free Member

Orange for continuing to bill me for 2 contracts I terminated, they didn’t process the disconnections; many phone calls later still nothing – now have terrible credit-rating :/

Must sort terrible credit-rating out some time…

Haze

Another vote for BT, dreadful.

pingu66
    Free Member

Vodafraud will be getting my date for taking them to court very soon.

P-Jay
    Free Member

First Utilities are getting right up my nose, they’re good value but I think the whole show is run by 3 guys in thier evenings.

When I joined I had a bill from my previous supplier for £500+ plus because they took my meter reading and changed it for another one for a laugh, I complained and they said they’d “look into it” the old supplier chilled out after a bit and wanted a couple of quid to settle the account which was fine as is been paying by DD. I was paying First Utilities the same as the last lot every month which should have meant a bit of a surplus so I assumed all was well until last week.

“Dear Mr. Jay, thanks for your complaint, we’ve looked into it, you owe us £600, we’ll take it via DD now” or words to that effect – “will you balls” I thought, firstly the time between my compliant and them coming back to me?

Have a guess?

TWO YEARS!

And they still can’t work out what I owe if anything, it took a year for thier bills to catch up with my actual meter reading, and will label any readings I give them, or even thier agency who reads them as being wrong.

daniel_owen_uk
    Free Member

Vodafone are right up there, had no signal at all at work for 3 days, reported it first day. 3 days later and still the same, status on their network checker said …. nothing …. all good.

End of the 3rd day I got the face on with it and called our corporate account manager (threatening to cancel 200 lines had more impact than my personal one).

Weirdly enough 30 minutes later the website was updated to state “Planned Maintenance”…. yeah planned to fix it because it’s broken!

properbikeco
    Free Member

anything from kingfisher group – Currys/PCWorld etc etc

all a complete bunch of twunts that once they have your money do not give a shit.

Kuco

Direct Line and SSE. Only got issue sorted with Direct Line after threatening to take them to court and SSE only got sorted after a very nice man from their customer, customer service sorted everything out. And all I wanted to do was pay an electric bill.

craigxxl
    Free Member

Chris Knott insurance. Not needed to claim off my insurance and they always managed to match my best quote each year. Changed cars recently and their customer services managed to balls things up and be rude with it. We’ll be moving our policies elsewhere when they need renewing as we couldn’t trust them to handle an insurance claim successfully.

matt_outandabout

nPower. By a big, long country, shortly to be court case, mile.

bencooper
    Free Member

Kwik Fit. Knackered the threads on a wheel stud and instead of owning up they used Araldite to glue the nut on. Lost the brake reservoir cap and didn’t mention it, then when queried denied responsibility, said that caps weren’t available separately, but they could replace the whole reservoir for £250. Claimed that brake rotors were dangerously worn – the Mercedes garage a couple of weeks earlier said they were fine.

Thought they’d be cheaper for our old car, bad decision.

Pigface
    Free Member

Talk Talk calling them rubbish is doing a disservice to the contents of your bin.

chewkw
    Free Member

Extending list …

1. Magnet
    2. Vodafone
    3. BT
    4. Air France
    5. Indiset
    6. Stansted airport
    7. Lawyer (generally speaking)
    8. Housing market (generally speaking)
    9. Countrywide anything!
    10. Flybe
    11. Direct Line Insurance – dog insurance after 11 yrs.
    12. Arnold Clark
    13. HM Prisons Service – only if you need to serve time (for offenders only).
    14. British Gas
    15. EDF in France
    16. Orange
    17. First Utilities
    18. kingfisher group – Currys/PCWorld etc etc
    19. SSE
    20. Chris Knott insurance
    21. nPower
    22. Kwik Fit
    23. Talk Talk

BiscuitPowered
    Free Member

Vodafone again!

Completely ballsed up my number port which meant my internet stopped working. In attempting to sort it out I got my phone service cut off as well. They could not work out what the issue was.

Numerous visits to the shop, replacing SIM cards and all sorts, they couldn’t work out what was wrong. In the meantime in collaboration with someone else tearing their hair out over a similar issue on the vodafone forum, I had deduced what the actual issue was (they had put me on both the contract and PAYG systems simultaneously) and told them what they needed to do. Still they couldn’t sort it. Eventually had to escalate to the CEO’s office to get them to fix it. Weeks and weeks it took. Pathetic.

Only went with them because they were the only network that got reception where I worked at the time. Never again.

grilla
    Free Member

anything from kingfisher group – Currys/PCWorld etc etc

all a complete bunch of twunts that once they have your money do not give a shit.

Curry’s / PCWorld isn’t Kingfisher group. Kingfisher own B&Q, Screwfix, maybe this explains why they didn’t give a shit about your broken tv ?

Currys/PCWorld is owned by Dixons Carphone.

gavinpearce
    Free Member

BT and I claim my £5. Oh no I don’t as they’ve cut me off, given my number to someone else who apparently lives at my house, tried to make me pay his bill, threaten me with legal action, sent me two new routers, told me I never had an account (I do, I’m calling from it, oh no you’re not sir, oh yes I am…) and all I wanted to do in the first place was watch BT Sport…..

tpbiker
    Free Member

orange and virgin…

both absolutely horrific. Orange lose extra points for providing call centre staff who struggle to understand basic english

Caher

Virgin – especially if you need to contact them from overseas.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Ethiad, tried to fob me off with fish when I wanted chicken then my priority bags came out last. Shocking. This is the first world problem thread isn’t it?

nickharv

Can’t believe with a list of 20+ nobody has mentioned EE. Definitely the worst service I’ve ever experienced, even escalating to the CEO’s Office didn’t resolve the issue.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 75 total)

The topic ‘Your nominations for the worst customer service?.’ is closed to new replies.