• This topic has 59 replies, 50 voices, and was last updated 8 years ago by nickc.
Viewing 20 posts - 41 through 60 (of 60 total)
  • Your Nominations for BEST customer service
  • frackit
    Free Member

Anker – I’ve had two of their products develop intermittent annoying faults over the last 3 months on both occasions emailed them to find out if there was a solution, on both occasions they sent out a brand new replacement on next day delivery and told me to keep the originals – which are both still going strong.

ste_t
    Free Member

Had a takeout from Five guys last week, guy accidently pressed ‘no bacon’ on my bacon cheeseburger but only realised after I got back to work.

I sent feedback explaining that their betrayal in missing my bacon not only ruined my day, but that of everyone I work with who had to put up with me moaning for 8 hours.

Apology over in no time at all with an invite for a free meal.

Is there anything better in life than free burgers? I think not.

timba
    Free Member

Most companies seem to be pretty good these days, and most of their frontline staff are too, but there will always be the occasional exception

First Direct and John Lewis get my votes for consistently being spot-on

neilsonwheels
    Free Member

Has to be Garmin for me. They replaced my 800 which was out of warranty and without question. As a result I have stuck with Garmin ever since.

TheFopster
    Free Member

+1 for First Direct. Forgot abouth them. Been using them since they started and never been less than impressed.

unovolo
    Free Member

Xilo internet,
    Had a service outage the other day so used my mobile to raise a service ticket with them.
    Had a response in 5mins from them(Matt) and ongoing updates until it was resolved a couple of hours later.

Unlike a lot of the bigger players no having to chase them or being passed around different depts to get the issue resolved.

onehundredthidiot

John Lewis for bizarrely saying to not bother sending back a wrongly ordered item when ordering the correct item. Feels like a £35 win.

Sadly no longer with us. The Bike Chain in Edinburgh. Sent some kids along to get some kit for their Dutch road trip. Mark sorted them out all sorts of free kit. Tried the replacement establishment, yet to get decent service from them in any of their shops.

davosaurusrex

For a bike related one I’m going to have to say Turner. Sheared a bolt on my Sultan last week, it needed a full rebuild kit anyway so emailed them. They sorted me out a kit at a third less than rrp, in the meantime Scienceofficer off here sorted me out a spare so I took the cheapest $7 delivery option. It turned up in 5 days which included a weekend. Postage label showed it cost over $13. I know 6 bucks isn’t much in the big scheme of things but nevertheless awesome CS. When you look at the shitstorm over on the Evil thread it makes me glad I’ve been on Turners for nearly 20 years. The worst I can say about them is occasionally slow at replying to emails, everything else has been brilliant.

scotroutes

Jungle/Santa Cruz. Cracked lower link on my Blur was replaced FoC in short order with no hassle whatsoever.

ski
    Free Member

Thule, after losing a bracket for my roof rack and only having two days before a trip, they sent me the parts free of charge without any fuss, so I could enjoy my trip.

Excellent service, now own their own roof boxes, bike racks and bars, so good customer service does pay 😉

29erKeith
    Free Member

Legal and general life assurance, just brilliant when it really mattered. Far quicker simpler than I ever expected. We were fully informed at every step.

And another for Ao.com

lodious
    Free Member

Brabantia.

Had a kitchen bin for ages, the lid broke. I’d lost the receipt. Phoned them up to buy a new lid. They have a 10year warranty, but with no receipt i was expecting to pay.

The customer service representative asked for a few details as the design had changed over the years.

He said ‘That design is over 10 years old, what’s your address?’ I told him, he said ‘Replacement will be with you tomorrow, no charge!’.

mashiehood
    Free Member

Garmin – some rat bag stole my 1000 outside peaslake store. I rang garmin to see if there was any possibility of tracking user if registered on connect. They couldn’t but sent me a brand new one! I was gobsmacked!

edward2000
    Free Member

Mojo / Fox – been using them since 2006, they’ve never failed to see me right when things have gone wrong.
    White Dove Seat in Cardiff, didn’t even buy my car from them, but they’re great with serving and whatnot.
    Apple, they’re not perfect, but that’s for another thread (or 20) but warranty / after-sales wise they’re very good.

Relatively recently, Mojo failed, twice, to replace or even highlight a severely worn IFP value in my shock when it was in for a service.

In spirit if the thread I would say the best service I’ve received is from M and S insurance when I had to deal with them for a claim.

mattbee

TH Performance have always been outstanding when dealing with my T5.
    Friendly, good prices and actually communicate with you, which is somewhat unusual in a garage in my experience.

Tamed Earth bike shop in Hindhead. Top guys. Text photo updates of my wife’s bike build, taking my wheels home to build on a Sunday Eve so I got them quicker, that sort of thing. I’m not even that regular a customer…

bwakel
    Free Member

Surprisingly few bike-related businesses mentioned so far. I have to call out Merlin Cycles. They are an online company but with real, knowledgeable people that you can speak to and if, like me, you cocked up your order, you can drop them an email and they’ll fix it – you’re not lost in some automated computer system. They were also super helpful when I bought a bike from them and wanted some components swapped out. All done at no cost other than the difference in price of the components.

curto80
    Free Member

Hunt wheels. Those guys are seriously cool. Great product as well.

durhambiker
    Free Member

+1 for AP Valves. Very reasonable flat rate fee for servicing kit, regardless of what needs doing. Sent my Buddy Commando TD jacket for a service and it came back pretty much brand new.

Another diving company I had great service from was Sports Components in Wales. Ordered an Outer Edge drysuit from them (think Northern Diver now deal with this suit however) and although they use off-the-peg sizing they insist on you filling out a measurement form and faxing it to them. 5 minutes after sending the form back I had a phone call as they said my measurements and my weight didn’t match up so could I double check. After that they asked me to send a couple of photos of myself for reference so they could be sure I got the right size suit. The day the suit arrived I had another phone call to check the fit was ok and to ask if I needed any adjustments made to it. Great service for a drysuit that was remarkably low priced.

ononeorange

First Direct here too

nickc

ooh yeah, another very happy First Direct customer, their website is genuinely awful, but the staff are relentlessly brilliant.

Viewing 20 posts - 41 through 60 (of 60 total)

The topic ‘Your Nominations for BEST customer service’ is closed to new replies.