Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 47 total)
  • Your next phone would be?
  • sugbarfc-spam
    Free Member

I am preparing to replace my old Galaxy S5 and there are too many choices from now. Consider to buy an iPhone 7 . So, what is your next phone?

mikewsmith
    Free Member

For that cash, google Pixel been on vanilla android through the Nexus 5 & 6 for a few years now, simple and very effective.

n0b0dy0ftheg0at
    Free Member

Lenovo P2 would be a strong contender for me, that huge battery life.

coolhandluke
    Free Member

Another high end sony.

bikebouy
    Free Member

iPhone 8

trail_rat
    Free Member

Something about 150 quid that makes calls/whatsapp/emails.

Currently on a moto g . Does everything my iPhone 4 did fir the previous 6 years.

CheesybeanZ

Previous / superceded model that 6 months ago was the muttz nutts thats now affordable .

wrightyson
    Free Member

Galaxy s7.

jam-bo

iPhone 9

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

Galaxy s7. Great camera and waterproof, probably my 2 top priorities in a smart phone.

PePPeR

Motorola moto g4 play and save the rest of your money!

We paid £89 for ours before Christmas.

colournoise

If I’ve got the cash then it will be a Pixel.

If not, whatever the current top OnePlus phone is at the time (got a Two at the minute and it’s great).

Harry_the_Spider

cheap

petefromearth

Also looking to upgrade soon

Had a look at the Google Pixel in a phone shop. The camera looks very good indeed.

Anyone got one? Would be interested to hear thoughts from real usage, particularly on battery life

Had several Nexus phones now and I’m really put off Samsung, Sony etc because of all the bloatware but I’m sure they are great phones

Kryton57

The soon to be relaunced Nokia 3110

matt_outandabout

Moto g4 and a holiday.

yourguitarhero
    Free Member

Smartphone wise I have a Moto G4 Plus. Greta phone, does everything you’d ever want

However I’ve broken the screen and it’s been away getting sorted for about 10 days and I’ve not missed it all. In fact my girlfriend was commenting on how alert and busy I’ve been (firing through loads of to-do lists etc) over the last couple of weeks. Think there’s a correlation.

So I’ll probably grab the new Nokia 3110 if it seems good, and maybe a nice compact camera and leave the smartphone in a drawer and keep it for trips to new cities or something, but day-to-day I think a dumb phone is my plan.

Or maybe a pager to really annoy people!

xherbivorex
    Free Member

i’ll be most likely getting a google pixel later this year, but only if my currently 4 year old nexus 5 shows any real sign of struggling. which so far it hasn’t (except for having to fit a new battery, which was no big deal!)

mogrim

I’ve got an S7 Edge, it’ll be a while before I replace it (I hope). I tried getting one of the cheaper Android phones (a Wileyfox Swift) last time, but the difference really is night and day if you use the phone a lot.

jekkyl

I’ve been looking at the iPhone se.

thecaptain
    Free Member

I’d go straight out and get another iPhone SE unless there is an equivalent replacement by then. Pocketable in the way that most smartphones aren’t.

mikey74
    Free Member

Isn’t the Google Pixel still riddled with problems? A friend of mine has one and it’s barely a step up from a brick, due to the amount of problems.

theotherjonv

Huawei P9 Lite.

Faultless so far, and for under £200

the-muffin-man

Whatever my boss gives me – probably an iPhone 7

honeybadgerx

Whatever Google phone previous to the current one, i.e. on the cheap.

Dorset_Knob
    Free Member

Nokia 105

nickc

my nexus 5 shows no signs of slowing down or struggling, which as above it doesn’t…

can’t get excited about phones though really

DezB
    Free Member

Got an iPhone 6, would get another. iPhone 7 lack of headphone port puts me off – mate has one, says its a pain in the arse.

Jamie
    Free Member

I have an iPhone SE. Seeing as I use mostly Google stuff I’d like to move to an Android phone, but not sure I could leave iMessage and the apps I use, and spent a moderate amount of cash on, behind.

But if I did, I’d probably look at the premium budget phones like the One Plus etc.

Shame the nexus line got taken round the back and shot in the head. As they seemed great phones.

cp

OnePlus 3T.

My 3 is superb, so fast no lag on anything. Great battery life and extremely fast charging.

EDIT – I’ve been a fan of Android since work switched us onto Windows phones a couple of years ago and I had to find something else myself that possessed a resemblance of functionality compared to WinPhone – so I went to Android.

OP3 is on Android 7 and it’s very slick.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

The replacement Xperia Z3 that’s arriving some time this morning.

Fast, excellent camera, great battery life, waterproof.

twiglet_monster
    Free Member

Just got an S7 edge (former s5 user here). Unlocked from Hong Kong.

So far so awesome. its really, really lovely. Feels a quality iteration from the s5. If you like and get the Samsung UI then definitely worth playing with.

TM

legend
    Free Member

Jamie – Member
    I have an iPhone SE. Seeing as I use mostly Google stuff I’d like to move to an Android phone, but not sure I could leave iMessage and the apps I use, and spent a moderate amount of cash on, behind.

Likewise, figured I’ll just get the iPhone SE 2/Evo/Air/S next time round

stumpy01

n0b0dy0ftheg0at – Member

Lenovo P2 would be a strong contender for me, that huge battery life.

+1 – I think I’ll be getting one of these later this year. My phone is 4 years old now & starting to show it.

I like the look of the Huawei P9 but it doesn’t have an app drawer, so I guess all the apps just sit on the main screen like an iphone…

I’ll probably see if there’s any re-furbed LG phones as well. I’ve got an LG tablet that works well, so would consider one of their phones.

P-Jay
    Free Member

I’ve not long been given a 7, so in 18 months it’ll usually be the default newest iPhone which is nice – I might take one for the team and get a Pixel.

Del

eyeing the motorola g5 when to comes out to replace the POS sony xperia compact that has been a mild irritation in my life since about week 3. never again. a shame HTC have dropped the ball.

jambalaya
    Free Member

iPhone 8 to replace my 6 which is still going strong.

Bit annoyed to have missed a 7S Plus in Classifieds recently – went out for a beer and missed reply to my question – sold to another STWer in meantime. Had I bought the 7S Plus would probably have skipped the 8

Bimbler
    Free Member

Galaxy S8 is out in April. My Galaxy S7 Edge is virtually perfect in almost every respect, great camera, waterproof, buttery smooth, great battery life even the previously execrable Saumsung UI (Touch Wiz) is now much improved. I can’t really imagine phones getting much better but then they always do – a bit. I’m on the Samsung upgrade program and not sure whether to get the S8.

Mackem

S7 or Pixel – Depends on which VR headset I fancy.

..and the title irritates me more than it should, will not would surely.

jimmy

Samsung A3 was top of my list last time I checked. Z3 compact going strong, though – no reason to replace.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 47 total)

The topic ‘Your next phone would be?’ is closed to new replies.