Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 94 total)
  • Your next bike
  • boxfish
    Free Member

If I were to get another bike…

Northwind

My next bike is kind of my last bike- I found a tiny wee crack in my Hemlock and started looking at a replacment, then Cotic supplied me a super-cheap front triangle for it so I figured, well, I was going to spend a fortune on a new bike- might as well spend a fortune on the old one. So taking my spare rear end, fitting it to this newer front end, replacing all the major components…

So spiritually it’s the same bike even though only about half a dozen parts will be the same, that works right?

gaz552
    Free Member

Hopefully one of these:

everyone
    Free Member

On second thoughts I quite fancy a Stanton Switchback

northernmatt

No pictures but it’ll be something road bike shaped and will arrive as soon as work get their arse in gear with the C2W scheme (June/July)

matther01
    Free Member

Stanton slackline ti…arrives tomorrow (fingers crossed)

godzilla
    Free Member

Got a Covert frame in the post.

TheFlyingOx

Apparently I’m eligible for the company cyclescheme, so it’s very likely to be a 45650b, for general WeeRide/pub/town duties. I’m thinking raw finish.

danielgroves
    Free Member

OR

everyone
    Free Member

The switchback looks absolutely gorgeous doesn’t it.

maxtorque

Some sort of short travel XC’y 29er. I know, the HORROR!

😉

VanHalen

2005 giant trance.

I’d sell one of the kids for a 26er Jekyll but the wife won’t let me.

bikeryder85
    Free Member

cotic soul. gritstone

lawman91

Custom Santa Cruz 5010c. Custom decals, angleset, a burly fork, full xtr and crossmax enduros 8) Not gonna be til late summer time but I can’t wait! Replacing my slightly too small Mojo HD140, be nice to have a new FS having bought 3 HT frames since I’ve had the HD! 😆

bruceonabike
    Free Member

This…

Plus this…

…and some other bits

darkcove

Just bought a bargin Mojo SL Special Blend that’s hopefully on its way as I type. Plan to upgrade the workman like parts to more bling as I go until no one makes 26″ bits.

Bazz

I don’t know what it will be called, but it’ll be a full sus 650b with 130-150mm travel and hopefully Titus or On one branded, Brant hinted that something was in the pipeline a while back on another thread.

6079smithw
    Free Member

If I free up some space

fatmax

http://www.canyon.com/_en/mountainbikes/bike.html?b=3169
    I’m an xc jey boy, and lanky, and I love my Canyon road bike, and think this is fab value for money.

ryan91
    Free Member

Without a doubt this bike is the most fun bike I can remember swinging a leg over. It’s probably overkill for a lot of the riding I do at present, however the confidence it inspired and the fun it provided on relatively mundane trails (FTD at the chase) says to me it’s one of them bikes you can take anywhere and hit it hard. Slow on the up I hear ? More reason to get fitter I suppose 😆

ichi
    Free Member

Oooooo^^^^^^nice Alpine i got the RS at the end of last year you won’t regret getting one of those.

My next bike will be a lurvely Solaris, frame arrives tomorrow, Thompson inline post, X4 stem and XT 10 spd triple (will be stripped down to single) arrive by Saturday. Let the fun begin, months of mooching for the next part, fantastic.

RickDraper
    Free Member

*Unless a 27.5 Nomad is launched.

It is been launched:

philbert31
    Free Member

Nicolai Ion 16 650b, pikes, ccdb air cs, mavic crossmax enduro should be ready for the end of april!! its my last big hurrah before we get married and start thinking about starting a family…

TheFopster
    Free Member

Struggling not to buy a Canyon Spectral 29er. Please talk me out of it.

matt_outandabout

The same one, with better brakes and a new lick of paint.

Haze

Cervelo R3 with Ultegra 6800 and hand built wheels…probably Archetypes on Hope.

Unfortunately not up & running until next spring/summer, but this at least allows a bit more time to scrape a bigger budget together…

takisawa2

One of these…

And it’s got to be that older beige colour also.

But…the new one looks nice…

toby1

Surly straggler, just love the look of it.

cloudnine
    Free Member

Would quite like one of these..

robgclarkson
    Free Member

this, but xx1 and a pike…

need to split (& sell) 2 others 1st though…

epicyclo

Probably this

hot_fiat

That alpine is indeed gorgeous. I worked out on my early morning ride today that you climb onto a lot of bikes, butwith an alpine you climb into it, slide the canopy shut and hang on.

Next bike? think I just got approval / acceptance from the wtb for one of these.

velomanic
    Free Member

Now have most of the parts for my 29-C build, going to be 1 x 10 with a Hope T-Rex sprocket…

NZCol

Carbon Tallboy 2 to replace the LTc. Didn’t really get on with it.

13thfloormonk

This, except they’re not available due to the SRAM brake recall, which is doubly frustrating as I don’t want the SRAM brakes anyway, in fact would much prefer cable Shimano or even just get the Plug 5 with the Plug 4 kit*. Just window shopping until I hear about my new job anyway.

*hopes someone from Charge is listening….

kiwijohn

Yeti SB76c.

toxicsoks
    Free Member

Can’t see me “needing” a new bike for a couple of years (can I say that??!?) but if I can sideline some cash from the final salary pension lump sum (for the benefit of Kryton57 😉 ) it’d probably be this –

turboferret

I have a Trek Speed Concept 9 frame arriving in the next couple of weeks, which I suppose I should be excited about, especially considering it’s a $5k frame 😀

Possibly more excited about my new commuter bike – a Charge Mixer frame with Alfine Di2, discs, belt drive, dynamo lights, deep carbon rims, full guards etc. This may be linked to my imminent return to the civilised world after 5 years in India though 😆

Cheers, Rich

tomhoward

Rick Draper – Member

*Unless a 27.5 Nomad is launched.

It is been launched:

Not available to buy yet though. *crosses fingers that one will be available before my Whistler trip in August*

Kryton57

toxicsoks – Member
    Can’t see me “needing” a new bike for a couple of years (can I say that??!?) but if I can sideline some cash from the final salary pension lump sum (for the benefit of Kryton57 ) it’d probably be this –

Thats offensive on 2 counts; your exorbitant pension scheme but moreover the fact that you might get my 50th Birthday present before I do. I have plans to get a road Enigma to match the MTB one at that point…

Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 94 total)

The topic ‘Your next bike’ is closed to new replies.