Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 94 total)
  • Your next bike
  • SaxonRider

I am generally content with what I have, but with only a 2009 Fisher Big Sur (for the trails) and a 2012 Saracen Urban Studio74 (for the city) to my name, I have been suffering irrepresible bike envy these last number of weeks. I have just decided that my next bike shall be:

http://www.genesisbikes.co.uk/bikes/mountain/fat-bike/caribou

Hopefully in the next 12 months.

What will yours be, and when?

njee20
    Free Member

I’ve been trying to come up with a reason to buy a new road bike for years, but the fact is every spring when I hop on my 10 year old Madone SL I really like it, moreso infact than the (significantly heavier) 5-series Di2 equipped one I rode last year. As such, if I’m going to replace it I’m not too worried by spending quite a bit of money, so I’d like a 7-series Madone:

When? After wedding next spring I suspect, at the earliest!

Rorschach
    Free Member

I’ve only been waiting for the codeine since November 🙁

weeksy

Lightweight XC, likely to be a CUBE ltd race 29 or similar.

oxym0r0n

Something steel, disc and road

Jamie
    Free Member

Something with decent mud clearance.

sandwicheater

Something shiny.

tomhoward

Something to shred the, Whistler and Alpine based, gnar with.

SaxonRider

Hmm. This thread is a little less visual than I was hoping. You guys just aren’t taking it seriously enough!

Whistler gnar:

See? That wasn’t so hard.

frood
    Free Member

I’ve only been waiting for the codeine since November

I’m similar, but been waiting since the first pictures were released last year in Feb! Hoping to see it at the Scottish Bike show next month.

Why? Because I would like a full bouncer again, the spec for the money is unreal and I like big wheels and going downhill fast

mrblobby
    Free Member

Something cross and racey. A fancy plastic TCX maybe.

Pictures you say…

methers27
    Free Member

I just bought one of these 😀 and a cotic soul frame (well actually I bought the soul a while ago)

surroundedbyhills
    Free Member

I have a Giant Reign O but have no idea what to get next or whether I can actually afford something better. My Bikesnob friends kind pooh poo it (cause it’s a Giant) but then bike mechanics keep telling me it is Awesome to the Rad! So i don’t know and am going fret myself silly about it for 12months and then buy this…maybe!

beefheart
    Free Member

Rusty-Shackleford
    Free Member

Plan to split and sell two bikes (Genesis Altitude and Turner 5-Spot) and keep being drawn to the Spectral…really hard to ignore the value; a complete, well spec’d bike for the price of a carbon Santa Cruz frame.

I’ll eventually relegate my alloy Synapse to commuter / wet weather / winter hack. I’m hankering after something plastic with Di2 & discs…so like this, but less ball-breakingly expensive!

hatter

Just ordered one of these:

Project super commuter/hack/bridleway biffer/chariot tractor is a go!

fathomer

A new road bike to replace my old Boardman, getting demos and making a decision is proving difficult. Probably a Giant Defy but god only knows.

warton
    Free Member

I have a Planet X pro carbon on order with Cyclesheme…

bluebird
    Free Member

One of these*

*Unless a 27.5 Nomad is launched.

mrflaky
    Free Member

After a painful few months without a mountain bike I have just ordered a YT Capra Pro

http://www.yt-industries.com/shop/en/Bikes/Trail/Capra-CF-Pro?xdbbaf=62fd44hcukhh162jcroh2u5to5

Very excited, just have to wait until summer for delivery, still gives me time to get fitter on the road bike I guess!

SaxonRider

@mrflaky: That is NICE. Good choice!

tomhoward

*Unless a 27.5 Nomad is launched

We appear to share a common idea….

AlexSimon

I’ve absolutely no idea.

Both my current mountain bikes are getting on a bit, so it would be nice to have a modern long travel full sus.

Always prefer frames available separately, and like raw or anodised finishes so for the moment I’ll put op these fine examples:

Banshee Spitfire

Evil Uprising

fr0sty125
    Free Member

I have had 2 new bikes in the last year so not really in the “I need new bike mood” but definitely want new parts, try out different things to get them totally dialed.

However every time I see that Codeine, I think now that looks like a bike that will really shred.

philfive
    Free Member

one of these

arrives tomorrow 😀

dazh

Moving to Todmorden in the summer, which raises the possibility of an off-road commute into Manchester, so I reckon a cx bike is required. I know next to nothing about cx bikes so suggestions would be welcome. That Croix de Fer looks very nice, but I seem to recall they’re quite heavy?

thomasgeorge
    Free Member

Intense carbine 29

Due next week 😀

everyone
    Free Member

Considering I’ve not had a chance to give my Ritchey a proper thrashing yet I don’t feel the need to look for anything new.

Saying that I wouldn’t turn down a Rocket (in orange of course)

chiefgrooveguru

AlexSimon, that’s the old Spitfire (v1). The new one (v2) looks like this (but this is my two month old example so you can’t have it!)

Anodised stealth black (as above), raw or blue are the 2014 colours. Bloody amazing bike!

AlexSimon

oh ok – I just looked up ‘Banshee Spitfire Raw’ and liked that photo.

_tom_
    Free Member

A short/medium travel full suspension bike of some kind. Maximum 160mm up front. I’m trying to get on with a hardtail only but really missed the full sus on the reds and blacks at BPW the other day. Not sure what, maybe a Mega or a Blur LT. I’d like a Spitfire but they’re too expensive for me.

Mister-P
    Free Member

Mine will have curly bars, skinny wheels, electricky shifting and hydraulic disc brakes.

MoreCashThanDash

Really fancy a Spa Ti Audax, with a proper dynamo light set up.

Just as soon as I’ve fitted some cleats to my new tartan slippers… 😳

rickmeister

Interesting thread but my life is complete:
    Mojo SL
    Tranny
    9:Zero:7 Fatbike…

Kryton57

Its about 3 years until my opportunity comes, but then I’ll be replacing my Yeti ASR5 with – based on todays knowledge – an SB75 or the new ‘dale Trigger 27.5 with Supermax.

Although I have found myself drawn to a Surly Krampus at £1365 on Sale but have no intended “place” for it other than it being abit left-field.

RustySpanner

I’d like:

A Surly Pug Ops. Or perhaps an ECR.

But I’ll probable end up with one of those new Cotic Espadrilles.
    In Burple.

doh
    Free Member

On one carbon fatty I think

jambalaya
    Free Member

Dialled Prince Albert Classic, frame has been in the garage for 2 years needs to be built up ! Will be an excuse to get new forks for the FS and I’ll put the old ones on the PAC

akira

Hopefully one of these, depends on various things though.

P20

I keep wanting to change the hardtail (C456). There’s nothing wrong with it, but fancy something different. I’d love a Ritchey P29er, but it’ll probably be a Cotic Solaris as I don’t think the Ritchey is worth the extra dosh

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 94 total)

The topic ‘Your next bike’ is closed to new replies.