Viewing 40 posts - 201 through 240 (of 245 total)
  • Your most tenuous connection to someone famous. My two for starters.
  • rewski
    Free Member

My mum gave birth to the Messiah, and I’m an extremely well behaved boy.

jonjones262
    Free Member

I was in hit Welsh Soap Opera “Rwnd & Rwnd” & I was related (through family marriage) to Tosh from The Bill

br
    Free Member

Kevin Keegan knows my dad.

JollyGreenGiant
    Free Member

Once delivered Ronnie Barker`s newspaper.

wrightyson
    Free Member

My dad met, raced against and beat James Hunt in a competition, and subsequently won a trip to the Montecarlo grand prix.
    I went to school with Ellen McArthur whom we might have picked on a little bit, i know several mid 30’s footballers, ive had beers with ricky from the kaiser chiefs, i know a top fashion designer, and to top all that Geoff capes signed a poster for me when i was 10ish

wrightyson
    Free Member

Jon Jones you from Derbyshire then??

stealthcat

If you want tenuous, how about this:

My brother was the pageboy at the wedding of a woman whose nephew (I think that’s the relationship, anyway!) is going to be a pageboy at Price William’s wedding…

I used to be at school with Hannah and Julia Waterman, too, since they’ve been mentioned elsewhere on here!

ex-pat
    Free Member

The policeman from Brum the TV show was an ‘actor’ in a team leader training session I was in, they played the part of a disgruntled employee (as opposed to a disgruntled actor who is stuck doing kids shows).

Other half organised the holidays around Europe for the rich/famous (mostly rich actually). Including George Lucus before the premier of Phantom Menace – Clone Wars had a number of locations in it that she sent him to… 8)

chutney13
    Free Member

my mum was given a valentine’s card by ken morley in her youth.

SaxonRider

Another one:

I went to the same high school as three members of the Crash Test Dummies, and grew up in the same city as Neil Young.

(I’m really pushing it here…)

BFITH
    Free Member

My father has had dinner with King Constantine of Greece and Ringo Starr (not at the same time!)

….When I say ‘had dinner with’, I mean waited on…back in the sixties when he worked in the big London Hotels 😉

finbar
    Free Member

My ex-housemate’s sister’s boyfriend knows someone from The Wombats.

Also i once drank some of Lisa L’Ansons Pepsi, and i went to Glastonbury with Ellen MacArthur’s brother.

cheers_drive

Thurman Merman – Member
    Aged 8 we saw Little and Large in a multi story in Torquay, my Dad couldn’t resist tugging is invisible braces and shouting ‘rock on Tommy’.
    [pedant] That would have been Cannon and Ball, then. [/pedant]

I saw Cannon and Ball in St Austell in 1980…

Ahh, yes, I’m confused by my 70’s / 80’s light entertainment double acts – It was Cannon and Ball

Punk_Drummer
    Free Member

I Went to to a Gig at the O2 Academy in Birmingham and sat near to Toni Iommi who had a whole section of the Gallery to himself

PD

Sanny
    Free Member

When I was runner up in Junior Cook of the Year, Sarah Kennedy off of Game for a Laugh gave me my prize – it was a Kenwood Chefette, thanks for asking. I made the front cover of the Milngavie and Bearsden Herald following in the family tradition. My Dad was on the front page when he ran the London Marathon.

I had my sandwich made for me by the band Anthrax when they played Glasgow.

My mate Dave has a mate who, the story goes, for want of a better phrase, had special one time when setting up a kids climbing frame for her. Obviously he wasn’t setting it up at the moment he was in the toilet, just to be clear. Not sure if it’s true but it makes for an unusual pub story.

My mate Brian worked with her in a bar on Shawlands, lucky man.

My wife went to drama club with the sister of the girl who played the teacher in Balamory.

Frankie Boyle chapped my door the other night and asked me to sign a petition against a phone mast. He even shook my hand – touched by comic greatness!

A former colleague when he was in a band in the Marquee Club in London told the singer of Then Jericho to jog on when he tried to queue jump at the bar.

flatfish
    Free Member

I’m related to Al Gore, admittedly distant but other than that i think i’m a nobody.
    My sister in laws sister is married to Al Gore’s cousin.

pete68
    Free Member

Kate middleton stroked my dog in the pub.

airtragic
    Free Member

Used to deliver Dee Hepburn’s (Gregory’s girl) paper.

Bought my house off K T Tunstall’s parents.

sugdenr
    Free Member

My great uncle was the one steering the Titanic when it hit the iceberg! 🙄

tomaso
    Free Member

My sister shagged Steve Peat’s cousin… :mrgreen:

hungrymonkey
    Free Member

slade played at my dad’s 21st

my dad was also given an industry award by robert lwellyn (sp?) of scrap heap challenge and red dwarf fame

my colleagues dad’s ex is neighbours (and friends with) the MacAskills on skye

i was on a flight from london to leeds with the late richard wrightly (sp?) from count down

last week i was drinking shots with the co-founder of Rough Guides travel books (as well as with another travel industry big-wig)

Alcopop
    Free Member

I once pissed on Evan Dando’s (Lemonheads) foot in a toilet at the Garage in London when hammered

I once pissed on Dave Gahan’s (Depeche Mode) foot and half way up his leg i also was a bit hammered he didn’t look best pleased this was around 81 in Edinburgh
    always feel a twinge of guilt when i hear about his subsequent drugs hell im sure he was trying to block this incident out.
    On a cheerier but still drink related note Green Gartside (Scitti Politti) once bought me a pint in Anstruther
    …no water sports involved that time!!

chojin
    Free Member

My brother and his (now) wife were married by the vicar out of Love Actually.

My primary school teacher was the brother of Archer Maclean, which meant we sometimes got free Amiga games 🙂

IdleJon

I’m in work at themoment and the father of the woman sitting next to me was involved in the Brinks-Mat (sp?) robbery in some vague way. Supposedly!

And another member of my team has the drummer from Dire Straits as a close family friend.

The brother-in-law of a friend of mine is Clive Chapman, son of Colin Chapman, founder of Lotus.

Pete
    Free Member

A temporary teacher in our school was the brother of James Burke (of Tomorrows word fame)

MoreCashThanDash

My father in law was Frank Bruno’s football coach…..

My best friend at primary school was Dr Jonathan Foyle, who at one time last year had two TV series on the go at the same time, as my mother was fond of reminding me at the time 🙄

Seggons
    Free Member

Ellie Goulding once tweeted me
    Dads friend in New York lives in the same apartment block as claudia schiffer and madonna, I think ..

markrh
    Free Member

Ginger woman from eastenders held a door open for me once (well bought up young lady).
    Got nick beggs (catchygoogoo bassis) autograph when i got drunk in a hotel he was staying in.
    Worked in Jennifer Lopez’s house, what a dissapointment! In real life she lives in Stafford looks seventy and hasn’t got her own teeth… 😉
    Nick Craig has passed me several times in races.
    My wife’s distantly related to Les West (top roadie from the old days)
    Met Hugh (the voice of cycling) Porter and his wife (top olympic swimmer in the old days)
    Saved the best till last, friend of mine went to the same church as the mother of one of the members of The Editors (can’t remember which one though) Now thats tenuous.

angryratio
    Free Member

jim root came into my work (slipknot) when they were on tour..
    he’s a really really nice bloke.

handyman
    Free Member

ok here goes
    my sister was barry humphries (Dame Edna),nanny to his two boys fron his second marriage
    I said goodnight to peter cook
    sat on a tube with the comdenian Ben ? with glasses
    walked past fiona fullerton
    went out wth a girl who was in the tv series Angels
    My mum went out with the Blonde guy from playaway? Brian somebody
    I went to Giles the cartoonist xmas party my mum knew him,
    went to Peter Cooks memorial service,
    my wife sat on the same plane as Kate winslet

Oggles
    Free Member

My dad’s second cousin’s husband was ‘The Skull’ in the movie Scarface.

I think that’s all I got.

edit: my dad also used to drink with Kenny Baker (R2D2) down the local. bleep bloop!

RobHilton
    Free Member

My 1st cousin twice removed (I think? – gran’s cousin) had high tea with Haile Selassie.

Jah Rastafari!

failedengineer

My Great great Uncle (or something, maybe a bit more removed) was Al Capone’s accountant and was deported from the US.

Princess Anne’s bodyguard shoved me aside and told me to,’Lose the fag and the coffee’

I’ve met Ted Heath.

Klunk
    Free Member

I was ambushed by James Cameron, He sort of jumped out on me, and asked accusingly what I was doing. It was quite strange.

gixer.john
    Free Member

Sharleene Spitteri’s cousin stole one of my Eric Clapton CD’s
    ” ” ” used to sell some real nice weed
    ” ” ” gave me a backie on his FZ600
    Got Annie Lennox and Dave Stewarts autographs when they were in The Eurythmics.
    Once seen Spike Milligan running for a train at Glasgow Central train station

anagallis_arvensis

I just turned on the telly to see a sort of ex who is the dietician on supersize v superskinny

RepackRider
    Free Member

2retro4u
    Marin County, Cali

McMoonter got to ride with me, and I am a personal friend of Gary Fisher.

_tom_
    Free Member

I have served tea/coffee to Nicky Campbell and Feargal Sharkey in the green room for The Big Questions. That’s all I have.

Ambrose

I learnt to walk on The Queen Mary, sailing from New York to UK in 1963.
    My mother, whilst pregnant with myself, was an ‘Extra’ in Dr No whilst it was being filmed in Jamaica.

My Brother and Sister in Law cook for The Queen, as well as a number of other Heads of State.

I’ve shared a pint with the son of the lady who used to arrange the Queen’s floral table decorations when she was in Windsor.

But best of the bunch- My mate Justin’s dad was an advertising bloke. He brought back these snacks for us to check out and we decided that ‘Fish and Chips’ was the best name for them.

RustySpanner

Oooh, nearly forgot:

My mates sister was the inspiration for the girl in this advert:
    [video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0l6hnqPrb4M&feature=related[/video]

Waves at Heather McGowan, if by some bizarre freaky chance she’s looking at this…..

Viewing 40 posts - 201 through 240 (of 245 total)

The topic ‘Your most tenuous connection to someone famous. My two for starters.’ is closed to new replies.