Viewing 25 posts - 201 through 225 (of 225 total)
  • Your most memorable nightclubs
  • 1981miked
    Free Member

Deja-vu in Dundee… The club of legends for winners… 😉

Or the sticky carpeted Mardi-Gras..

Oh the memories!

Mr_Mojo
    Free Member

Hard Times at that old church in Huddersfield.

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

The Bluenote in Derby

For many many good reasons, many of them not good!

And gatecrasher before it burnt down, surprisingly while it was empty apart form the managers, and the two bigger clubs in Sheffield had just recently been completely refurbished (or in Plug’s case, built), definitely not an insurance job.

lunge

I have forgot the finest club in Brum, Snobs. The only place I know where you can get 2 bottles of beer and 2 gin and lemonade a for fiver. Still not be cleaned since the late 70’s, still throwing out great tunes and still rammed every weekend. Brilliant place.

iwluap

Sublime@ The Vaults, Edinburgh. Also Pure, Sativa and Purple Moon. But Sublime at its best was simply Sublime.

davetrave
    Free Member

1981miked – Member

Deja-vu in Dundee… The club of legends for winners…

How could I forget that place after spending 6 months stranded at Barry Buddon…

hora
    Free Member

Academy Manchester
    Jabba Cleggs Manchester

Hacienda shit

Jesters Southampton
    Academy Southampton
    Rhinos Southampton

Plaza/the milkbar (the old church) Huddersfield
    Gemini Huddersfield

Hard Times (Mirfield first site of the club the best) mr mojo 😉
    Oakenfolds club in Leicester Square
    The best though..

Barfly/the Monarch Camden

patriotpro
    Free Member

I knew Sean, he worked in hmv for a bit and used to sneak us a few n promos n other bits n bobs. Top bloke. Last time i saw him was a few years ago tho now.

Your right it did go shit and the decision too close was the right one imo.

Don’t know if you still know Nigel Walker but he’s back doing resident again at the reloaded nights. I’d post up as vid but is too much of a pita on the kindle. 😉

cleggyefc
    Free Member

Monroes in Blackburn was bouncing back in the day like ha ha maximes in Wigan an the Pier hehe they was the days , Garry’s are shit now though so wouldn’t go ha 🙂

theflatboy
    Free Member

all my faves have been mentioned so far except one – The Key. Another sad casualty of the Kings X redevelopments, along with The Cross and Canvas. RIP The Key 🙁

here it is:

(that’s basically all of it… doesn’t look much but epic lineups, amazing nights and a light up dance floor is all you need really)

brack
    Free Member

The Sin Bin… Medicine Hat!

Perhaps one of THE most violent clubs on the planet !?

Remember seeing a North American Indian dude getting a metal chair across his head ( just minding his own business) this then led to the biggest brawl I’ve ever seen. Same every night guaranteed.

Spilling out on to the streets. Jeez wild.

bullheart
    Free Member

Pemps in Wigan. Woman on the door, sat in her Vitara, setting her Alsatian on anyone she didn’t like…

The Turnkey, also in Wigan. Awful and hysterical all in one go.

Planet Earth, Leeds. Revolving dance floor…

And finally, Boulevards in Crawley, circa 1992. Capacity 30, but with mirrored walls it felt like the Hacienda!

However…

The Jazz Rooms in Brighton was amazing. Tiny, sexy, amazing music during the heady days of Acid Jazz.

bjj.andy.w
    Free Member

Hmmm, let me think…
    Yummy at the eddysons basement, Barrow in Furness
    Friday nights at the Carlton, Morecambe
    All nighters at the Empire, morecambe
    Cream, Liverpool
    Maximes and Wigan pier, Wigan
    Bowlers and the hacienda, Manchester
    Angels, Burnley
    Up your ronson and back to basics, Leeds
    Gatecrasher, Sheffield
    E paradise, amnesia and cafe del mar, Ibiza
    There’s loads more that I went to but my memory’s not what it used to be 😉 :mrgreen:

ianv
    Free Member

I knew Sean, he worked in hmv for a bit and used to sneak us a few n promos n other bits n bobs. Top bloke. Last time i saw him was a few years ago tho now.

That was a different Sean (Kendrick), the manager was Sean Mcinerney. Kendrick is now in the US I think. Not seen Nige since about 99, he alienated a lot of people around then for various reasons. Hopefully he has sorted himself out now.

rewski
    Free Member

Energy – Brixton Academy
    Sin – Astoria

chakaping
    Free Member

The Drum Club’s Thursday nighter at Soundshaft
    A few nights at Turnmills
    George IV on Brixton Hill
    The Fridge

And the funky/easy listening night I used to run, but mainly keep quiet about now.

wrecker
    Free Member

Harrys – Weymouth.

davetrave
    Free Member

brack – Member
    The Sin Bin… Medicine Hat!

Perhaps one of THE most violent clubs on the planet !?

Remember seeing a North American Indian dude getting a metal chair across his head ( just minding his own business) this then led to the biggest brawl I’ve ever seen. Same every night guaranteed.

Spilling out on to the streets. Jeez wild.

Swiftly followed by being tazered by the Mounties…

There was also the strip club/bar on the edge of town, on the left, coming in from Suffield, where the blokes heated up loonies (Canadian quarter dollar coins to the uninitiated) with lighters and flicked them at the strippers as “tips”. That was another godawful, but strangely alluring, place…

Edit: Cheetahs was the name…

mrchrispy

the old riverside (when it had a propper upstairs) and Thursday night at rockshots were my weekly haunts.
    but I have very very fond memories of arcane and hullabaloo at Newcastle student union…..ah, i can almost here the fire alarm now 🙂

disco_stu
    Free Member

Some stand outs for me
    Sankeys / Bugged out in Manchester
    Voodoo – Liverpool
    The Orbit – Morley
    Oscillate – Brum
    Megadogs – Leeds / Manchester
    Atomic Jam – Brum

And finally a place I’ve been going to for about 15 years which celebrates its 20th Birthday this year and was intro to lots of wonderful music
    House of God – Brum

On your knees, sinners! 😀

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Ikon in Newcastle in the old Ballroom near the cinema and the central motorway. 90’s indie nights and occasional student foam parties.

Outdoor one in athens, turned up for the best alt/electro night in the city in an amphethetre turned out it was cheese night – still a great laugh

3 story town house in hull on a work trip bouncing till 4am

patriotpro
    Free Member

+1 Planet Earth and it’s revolving dance floor = just wtf was that about?!?

patriotpro
    Free Member

Not a nightclub but the Galactica raves anyone?

Amnesia House nights?
    Ratty @ Shelleys?

DenDennis
    Free Member

youngrob – Member

@Den – Is that Joe Paparazzi’s you’re talking about? I had many nights in there, or the Choice, or Tin Pan.

aye that was it, nice one- I see it did become Velvet. I remember going in there a few years after Joe Paps shut and thinking ‘this layout seems vaguely familiar’…

paul4stones

But my home was the Stage Door.

Wednesday night was nurse night 🙂

Viewing 25 posts - 201 through 225 (of 225 total)

The topic ‘Your most memorable nightclubs’ is closed to new replies.