Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 69 total)
  • Your lbs
  • luke
    Free Member

Just wondering where your lbs is situated, near me most in the main shopping areas in town with a couple in quieter suburbs and a few in lock up/workshop type units on industrial estates, which if you didn’t know they were there you wouldn’t find them.
    so where’s your lbs situated?

will
    Free Member

In the village i live in 🙂

Zedsdead
    Free Member

Unfortunately mine is gone….. 🙁

Hairychested
    Free Member

Next door to a cafe for mums with toddlers. Me – dog 😉

Daffy

I live in Leeds city centre and my closest is Halfords.

Next is Hydepark cycles, Never been in….sad really, I must go next time I’m passing.
    Next is Stif in Headingley which is nice as it’s well stocked although sometimes pricey.

Most of my trade goes to Psycholosport in Harrogate, Pete’s a top bloke, with good mechanical skills and is an avid biker/singlespeeder.

biscuitandpotato
    Free Member

My lbs is Sowerby Bros in Mirfield, i get some bits there but as above, I try to use Pete at Psychlosport in Harrogate, I know Pete thru motorbiking and is a sound fella

Daffy

*high fives biscuitandpotato*

brakes
    Free Member

closest lbs is Mosquito Bikes which sells muchos blingos bikes – IF, Moots, Ibis, Litespeed, etc
    other three closest lbses are Cyclesurgeries

grizzlygus
    Free Member

so where’s your lbs situated?

Next door to Machine Mart.

zokes
    Free Member

Just out from the main part of Bangor High street, and nearer to work than the other, boring shops!

Wozza
    Free Member

Harry Halls central Manchester. Do small repairs for beers.

BoardinBob

About 100 feet from my front door 😆

coolhandluke
    Free Member

I have 2 LBS’s Merlin cycles and Chain Reaction Cycles.

Nowhere near my house but the best ones IME and I’ve learned how to do stuff myself.

BitterBaldingFatty
    Free Member

brakes: if Mosquito is your lbs, surely TwoWheelsGood must be one of the next 3 closest?

geetee1972
    Free Member

Within a 5 minute drive I have one excellent bike shop – Freeborn – and then another not so excellent – nameless. Within a 15 minute drive I also have Head for the Hills, Dorking, Nirvana Cycles in Westcott and Beyond Mtb Bikes in Storrington.

No wonder I’m penniless!

stumpy01

Nearest to me is Terry Wrights Cycles which is about a mile down the road – good mix of ‘bread and butter’ bikes but nothing too exotic.

Good servicing and always willing to help out.

wildrnes
    Free Member

sowerby brothers is nearest to home, and i can see leeds halfords right now

sootyandjim
    Free Member

I don’t really use LBS’s, which is just as well as Nottingham isn’t exactly good for them.

I pass a Leisure Lakes on the way to work, there is an Evans in town and Freewheel in Hockley should start wearing ski masks and carry bags with ‘Swag’ written on them to complete the being robbed experience.

The only one that I’ll give the time of day is Sherwood Pines Cycles. A nice bunch of blokes, a good selection of kit and considering their location, pretty good prices.

molgrips
    Free Member

Cyclopedia in Cardiff is in on one of the suburban shopping streets out of the city centre, and it’s one of the best shops I’ve used for knowing their stuff and having a great range of essential bits and pieces. However obscure your request they’ve got it covered, and they almost always have at least one model of whatever you need. Big up to Ian and Stuart.

Sunset Cycles on the other hand, just down the road, has a massive range of bikes in the showroom but virtually nothing else. No useful spares when you need them.

juan
    Free Member

Two minutes walk from work so I can always pop in for lunch (when they are not closed) to share some cakes 😉
    XX

richc
    Free Member

my LBS is around 8 miles away from my house, there are one’s closer however none anywhere in the same league for building wheels etc (badassbikes in Dundry, Bristol)

will
    Free Member

sootyandjim – Member
    I don’t really use LBS’s, which is just as well as Nottingham isn’t exactly good for them.

TSW Cycles?

My Lbs, there brilliant!

Stoner
    Free Member

Back on Track Bikes in malvern is about 400 yrds away 🙂

racing_ralph
    Free Member
    TandemJeremy
    Free Member

I have a good choice – from Halfords on an industrial estae to shops in the city centre

hora
    Free Member

Evans Manchester for repairs that I cant do. I must say there is a lad in there called David who puts spannermonkeys in some fancy LBS’s to shame skillwise.

He doesnt huff and puff and say it may take an hour or two to basically milk me of as much money as possible…or not have a clue and ‘guess’ like some have. Within 10mins its always a simple ‘done’.

mattyh222
    Free Member

biketreks, ambleside
    wheelbase, staveley

one of the other joys of living in the lakes

vdubber67
    Free Member

Disagree re freewheel. Simon and Will for example are top blokes. Always friendly and happy to help.

sootyandjim
    Free Member

vdubbwe67 – They may be the nicest guys in the world but that isn’t the reason I choose not to use Freewheel.

Mister-P
    Free Member

Phil Corley Cycles is nearest. Not a bad bunch really 🙂

djglover
    Free Member

Ealing Cycles, just off the broadway, and its crap and run by idiots
    next closest is an Evans, run by kids seemingly, but at least they stock usefull stuff.

Surfr
    Free Member

Summit Cycles is on the approach to the high street.

http://www.summitcycles.co.uk/

Hob-Nob
    Free Member

We don’t really have an LBS. In fact Southampton, unless someone can point me to one, doesn’t really have a ‘decent’ bike shop.

Wozza
    Free Member

"I must say there is a lad in there called David who puts spannermonkeys in some fancy LBS’s to shame skillwise. "

I second that, offers plenty of good advice.

Anthony
    Free Member

Vote ‘FOR’[/I] Freewheel in Hockley.

brakes
    Free Member

if Mosquito is your lbs, surely TwoWheelsGood must be one of the next 3 closest?

not heard of it until now, although I think I’ve popped into the one in Crouch End
    don’t venture to Stoke Newington very much, but I’ll check it out
    ta

lunge

Halesowen Cycles is the closest and i wouldn’t trust them to put a saddle on the right way round. Next closest is Brotherton Cycles in Old Hill which are fairly mixed.

The ones i actually use are Two Wheels and Race Co. Both have there positives and negatives but both have reveived large amounts of cash off me in the last few years.

kpt1972
    Free Member

Brooks cycles in either Newtown or at welshpol – same distance to both

shipjack
    Free Member

I do n’t like Freewheel in Hockley..one guy in particular seems to assume all females are numptys who do n’t know what they’re talking about. Divvent like that so much. I find Bunneys Bikes near the station nicer folks to do business with.

Ambrose

Skyline at Glyncorrwg. Top blokes, top service.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 69 total)

The topic ‘Your lbs’ is closed to new replies.