Viewing 24 posts - 41 through 64 (of 64 total)
  • Your "Last Supper" ?
  • neilthewheel

Bread and wine with about 12 friends

Xylene
    Free Member

I hope they were beef stovies

fogliettaz
    Free Member

Fois Gras, followed by Chateau Briand then a Creme Brulee, washed down by a good red from the Rhone Valley and then if the firing squad could wait coffee cognacs.

Xylene
    Free Member

Local restaurant was advertising a Giant Fois Gras burger for two yesterday when we were in.

Is that just a massive pile of Fois Gras in a bun or something different?

thestabiliser
    Free Member

proper roast dinner

treacle sponge and custard

bottle of Glenrothes reserve

unfitgeezer
    Free Member

OP you clearly have issues over death ! Go get some therapy 😛

If I knew it was my last meal ever I’d be to busy to eat !

But a tasty apple along with a nectarine would suffice.

hooli

Proper pizza, curry or steak and chips, washed down with plenty of good beer.

But heaven help them if it comes on anything but a plate 😉

Malvern Rider
    Free Member

can say poon?

cbmotorsport
    Free Member

Nobody having bottomless coffee?

stinkingdylan
    Free Member

Thai style, banana fritters with ice cream and syrup.

edhornby

this thread has a disturbing lack of courses, I’m thinking champagne reception, a big open table of antipasti for starting with a gavi, fish course with a Puligny Montrachet, then a pasta course with a Pommard 1er cru, then a seriously good steak with greens and Brunello or maybe a St Estephe, then desserts and port then coffee, armagnac, grappa and Romeo Y Julieta

tyrionl1
    Free Member

Excuse me, I must be new to this planet, but wtf are ‘stovies’ is this some dish from beyond the ice wall?

ThePinkster

Fish finger butty, with 5 fingers in it and a layer of smoked & crispy streaky bacon on top, topped off with Heinz finest tomato ketchup.

I may be drowning in my own saliva just thinking about it….

colournoise

tyrionl1 – Member
    Excuse me, I must be new to this planet, but wtf are ‘stovies’ is this some dish from beyond the ice wall?

Three ingredients. Improbably tasty. Genius food from the most beautiful country on the planet.

Xylene
    Free Member

I requested stovies for my birthday tea once. Mum had too cook a roast beef joint to make them for me.

If I wasn’t such a lazy git I would make some myself.

maccruiskeen

is this some dish from beyond the ice wall?

Its pretty much the same thing as Scouse or Lobby (or lobscouse / labskous depending in which northern european seaport you’re in)

Three ingredients. Improbably tasty.

and yet I’m surprised how often people manage to make and sell bad Stovies

Scienceofficer
    Free Member

chicken casserole made by my mum, with a big leathery baked potato soaked in salted butter until its yellow on the inside

D0NK

potato hash? you’d had that as your last meal? I was going to say you’re all daft, but then I looked at some recipes. Either some people have seriously sexed up tatty ash or the stuff my family (and others) have been palming off on me all these years is a piss poor imitation.

First google pic hit for stovies looks just like the aforesaid piss poor imitation but the recipes I had a quick swatch at look a lot better.

chambord
    Free Member

Lasagne, home made by mamma obviously, with garlic bread and salad (red onions on the salad please).

Rhubard crumble with cream for pudding.

Nico
    Free Member

Drac- I eat meat about once a fortnight.. that’s pretty much vegetarian isn’t it?

I think vegetarian means you don’t eat meat, for moral reasons. If you don’t eat a lot of meat that’s called “not eating a lot of meat”. Maybe you could say you’re pretty much herbivorous.

My last meal would be the smoked salmon sandwich that should have been my lunch but which I’ve just eaten.

johndoh
    Free Member

this thread has a disturbing lack of courses, I’m thinking champagne reception, a big open table of antipasti for starting with a gavi, fish course with a Puligny Montrachet, then a pasta course with a Pommard 1er cru, then a seriously good steak with greens and Brunello or maybe a St Estephe, then desserts and port then coffee, armagnac, grappa and Romeo Y Julieta

We’re all watching our weight (but not weighing ourselves, that would be silly).

woodster

Moules mariniere, fillet steak with dauphinoise potatoes, a chicken balti and a dressed crab. Served with Zubrowka and apple juice and followed by a tub of B&J’s Satisfy my bowl and some good coffee.

Suggsey
    Free Member

Cheese and onion in a white crusty cob/batch/roll ( choose which for your region as appropriate as I know STW will get hung up on terminology) 😆

tyrionl1
    Free Member

colournoise – Member
    tyrionl1 – Member

Three ingredients. Improbably tasty. Genius food from the most beautiful country on the planet.

And those ingredients? Care to share them with the civilised world south of the great divide?

Viewing 24 posts - 41 through 64 (of 64 total)

The topic ‘Your "Last Supper" ?’ is closed to new replies.