Viewing 40 posts - 121 through 160 (of 160 total)
  • Your last ride of 2012
  • composite
    Free Member

Did Cannock yesterday for my last ride of the year. Had a mystery low speed off, hit a tree and now my ribs are killing me. 🙁

slowboydickie

Had fun yesterday pulling my son on his tag-along up the north downs on my singlespeed. Bloody exhausting. And a nice dawn ride today in the gusting wind and rain. New year, new weather patterns? Fingers crossed.

birky
    Free Member

It cleared up this afternoon so got out for a spin on the road

mattk
    Free Member

Sopping wet mudfest in my local woods, good leg workout tho.

big_n_daft
    Free Member

Garburn Pass

Fairly dry weather window, no-one else spotted

timberjack
    Free Member

Me and my better half were out today for an hour and a half in Kielder forest with our 2 year old lab, wind rain and it was just what i needed, off to the lakes on the 2nd for a proper ride with the lads

richpips
    Free Member

rogerthecat – Member

Top of Dirtlow Rake, mahoosive headwinds and rain almost, just for a split second, made me think gears could be a good idea <shudders>!!!

Did not see any other riders on the tops, saw a couple of other riders in the Woodbine later, including a very chatty roadie with his lad. The lad was about 10 with waterproof trousers, a big yellow kag and yellow marigold gloves to keep his hands dry. They had just ridden over Snake Pass and were heading back up the broken road then along Rushup – brilliant to see him getting out there and riding.

Nice to meet you. Those marigolds do the trick though.

enveetee
    Free Member

South Downs
    Brighton
    Midnight

doubledunter
    Free Member

Local Loop Loch Thom..stayed dry for a couple of hours

photo by Doubledunter, on Flickr

stevenmenmuir
    Free Member

[/url] P1020945 by steven160275, on Flickr[/img]
    [/url] P1020950 by steven160275, on Flickr[/img]
    [/url] P1020948 by steven160275, on Flickr[/img]

A rather wet but fun ride with a bunch of reprobates, some of whom lurk on here, or used to.

The-Swedish-Chef
    Free Member

Last ride was on the rollers, 30 mins at 250 watts.

2012 summary;
    Poor MTB racing season, cyclocross season was inconsistent with a couple of excellent weekend’s and a couple of dire ones.

6.5 out of 10, could do better

Blackhound

2 of us did a 3 day ride from Derby to Crowden YHA and then followed Transpennine route to Worksop, through Sherwood forest to Edwinstowe YHA and then back to Derby. 290km in 3 days on loaded mtb’s. Was good but now have a cold so having a quiet night in.

DaddyFool
    Free Member

Glentress Black for me. Cold, blowy, snow n ice. Had the place to myself Saturday morning.

breadcrumb

Popped upto Mabie for the first time this year, weather stayed good and had a great ride. Roll on next year!

Kbrembo
    Free Member

Top of a very windy Cairngorm Mountain

mrphil
    Free Member

My Last ride of 2012…

nosedive
    Free Member

90 miles, nice!!

I just did a 45 minutes loop around Rivelin Valley. Had 2 beers while I was getting cleaned up and now I’m on the champagne.

Happy new year Singletrack!!!

chives
    Free Member

Very wet & windy 16 miles round Haldon this morning, on the single speed Soul. Hoping I might get another ride later though, depends how much Chablis mrs chives gets down her neck.. 😉

iain65
    Free Member

SW Lakes, staying at the inlaws, started in Seathwaite, headed up the duddon valley to Birkes bridge, down to Grassguards, down by Wallowbarrow (not much grip on wet leaves!), up over hoses swapping to bridle trail at the top to stephensons ground, up long mire where the bike sank into the bog to it’s axles many times, then down Park head road – 12 miles, 2,000ft and 2.5 hours. Not the best stats but bloody good fun!

lipseal
    Free Member

Just a quick loop of the town for me including a bit of beach

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

A wee 20 miles on the road bike, sorry cross bike! Up to my mates bike shop, sprockets cycles for a blether and a coffee. Best bike shop in the central belt IMO.

gonetothehills
    Free Member

A very pleasant 42 mile road / tracks ride on the Tripster yesterday, but my last ride of 2012? A beasting on the turbo at tea time today. Hardly memorable, but the legs felt it.

tomaso
    Free Member

I nipped on the train from Lancaster to Windermere and then rode over to Dubbs and then over Garburn to Kentmere. Up from Kentmere to Green Quarter and then HP Plantation and into Staveley and the…

H A W K S H E A D B R E W E R Y

for a gallon of ale and Cumbrian tapas.

Then a wobble to the railway station and home… hic!

PS Upon my arrival home my wife commented on how attractive muddy sweaty drunk men are…

takisawa2

Final ride…popped out on the cargo-bike to pick the kids up from a party. As soon as the other kids spotted the bike that was it. Suddenly getting in Mummies people carrier was out of the question so ended up giving them rides up & down the street. Had three of them of them on the back at one stage.

dawson

my last ride of the year was yesterday – rode from Worksop to Sherwood Pines, did a lap of the red and then rode back again on my singlespeed – about 38 miles – took me to 2755 miles for the year.

JoeG
    Free Member

I got in a good 10 miles today. I saw a couple of regular MTB tracks in s few spots as well. It started snowing while I was riding, and the roads were getting slick on the way home.

hambl90
    Free Member

The wall at afan yesterday

teethgrinder

According to Strava, last ride was 18 Nov 12…thanks to the fun sponges and cat AIDS.

Arse.

bokonon
    Free Member

Same place as the OP by the looks of it (round the corner from my gaff) trying out new bars.

Pook

thepodge
    Free Member

Chris, was our riding that bad that you cant show the vid?

oli31
    Free Member

Ben Rinnes yesterday morning back at the inlaws by 11am having a cooked breakfast. . . nice end to a good year of riding

timnwild

Just a spin around Steyning, Cissbury and Chanctonbury – but with mud so thick my mate’s drivetrain ground to a halt and he pedalled his rear mech clean off. Changing one of those after it’s been dipped in liquid sludge – now that’s adrenaline for you.

I managed to tear a Dirty Dan as well.

Fun though – I’m making 2013 the year I do a gravity enduro.

smiff
    Free Member

Sunday at a top secret hampshire location 😉

giving it some guapo. actually mincing, real slow. but looking fast (that’s what matters right?). cheers Tristan, Scott, Paul and co. couldn’t ask for a better last ride really..

Good year trailbuilding, anyone in range of QECP should sign up. lots more to do.

Happy ’13 all at STW.

WhatafackinLiberty
    Free Member

With the kids tucked up in bed and the better half seeing sense in my madness I headed out o my local loop up to the 3 Brethern (Tweed Valley, Scottish Borders) at 11.00pm. Arrived at the summit at 11.40pm, too cold to stay about for another 20 minutes I had a dram to 2012 and welcomed in 2013 in advance! I finished the loop at 0100hrs 01/01/13. Quick shower and a tumbler of port therafter, with a bit of John Bishop for good measure.

It was a magical night. Last ride of 2012 and first of 2013 all within one ride 🙂

scottfitz
    Free Member

Sunday at a top secret hampshire location

giving it some guapo. actually mincing, real slow. but looking fast (that’s what matters right?). cheers Tristan, Scott, Paul and co. couldn’t ask for a better last ride really..

Good year trailbuilding, anyone in range of QECP should sign up. lots more to do.

Happy ’13 all at STW. It was good fun and didn’t even get that muddy, bonus!

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Tas State DH Round (16/12)exploring different options on the corners.

30s later cased on of the jumps and broke thumb and lots of scrapes & bruises.

bartimaeus
    Free Member

Like smiff and scottfitz “Sunday at a top secret hampshire location 🙂 “… and I came last.

A great day, though, followed by a ride home through the floods…. on the 500m of road=river section I met 2 cars, so I was glad I had some waterproof gear on!

Sandwich

Road ride just before Christmas, the trails were a little waterlogged.

scottfitz
    Free Member

smiff and bartimaeus Bit of a write up:

http://www.pinkbike.com/u/scottfitz/blog/QECP-Mates-RaceTrack-Test.html

P.S I did you guys get muddy i didn’t and looking at all the pic most people stayed mud free (If they didn’t fall off) 😀

Viewing 40 posts - 121 through 160 (of 160 total)

The topic ‘Your last ride of 2012’ is closed to new replies.