Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 105 total)
  • Your last impulse purchase (non-bike)
  • makecoldplayhistory
    Free Member

Was at a posh do on Saturday and saw some awesome Lego. Marvel Comic mini-figures in the auction.

Well, one thing led to another and…

My wife was surprisingly impressed by them!

King-ocelot
    Free Member

2 tickets for Craig Charles funk and soul night, can’t wait 🙂

BigDummy
    Free Member

I bought another 36 hours with my personal trainer, having sworn to myself I was going to find a cheaper way of not getting old and flabby. She is excellent value, in fairness.

🙂

radtothepowerofsik
    Free Member

How fit do you think you can get by tomorrow afternoon?

makecoldplayhistory
    Free Member

Yes Big

mikewsmith
    Free Member

A trip back to the UK from Tassie for 3 weeks this August, I was just seeing how much flights were and then they were a good price…

BigDummy
    Free Member

by tomorrow afternoon

Very good… 😀

Bregante

Some Rab trousers and a jumper. Having some credit in my PayPal account is a very dangerous thing.

Harry_the_Spider

a twix.

muddydwarf
    Free Member

Was at the Sale V Pau game on Saturday, bloomin’ cold & they were selling these Sale-branded Result Snowbird jackets..
    £65 minus my season ticket discount later & I was nice and warm.
    Bit miffed to find them on sale (fakes?) online for a fair chunk less..

mattsccm
    Free Member

2 nice brass wing nuts for my old Dawes. Didn’t even know if the threads would match. They do.

weeksy

swavis

A Voile split kit for my snowboard. What could possibly go wrong?

zilog6128

Would be an impressive collection if they were real OP! Hope you didn’t pay too much!

slowoldman

Two 4 packs of Crunchies. They were 4 for the price of 3.

SaxonRider

Ice hockey goalie equipment from a guy on eBay.

I was terrified to tell Mrs SaxonRider.

finbar
    Free Member

Would be an impressive collection if they were real OP! Hope you didn’t pay too much!

Fake Lego minifigs?

Malvern Rider
    Free Member

nickc

A pack of Xmas cards from St Thomas’ in Heptonstall yesterday for a fiver.

rocketman
    Free Member

Impluse purchase? Hmmmmmmmm…

Stoner
    Free Member

Ticket to El Vy gig in Camden next month.

I’m too old for gigs…

fasthaggis

makecoldplayhistory
    Free Member

Weeksy’s winning so far! That looks awesome.

@Zilog – aren’t they real? Just found the receipt. 40 of the 48 are genuine. Not sure which 8 aren’t. It was for charity anyway!

footflaps

Fake Lego minifigs?

Customised, huge trade in them. I buy them for my nephews, most are hand painted and then sprayed with lacquer.

antigee

picked up an overlocker sewing machine on ebay today bit sad when you look at weeksy’s 🙁

did buy new surfboards for me and youngest antigee last week – southern hemisphere school hols are nearly here 😀

zilog6128

@Zilog – aren’t they real? Just found the receipt. 40 of the 48 are genuine. Not sure which 8 aren’t. It was for charity anyway!

Fair enough. It’s impossible to tell from the photo – the fakes are very good, you need to hold them to tell really. A few stick out like a sore thumb though because as good as the actual figures are, they never bother to get the accessories right. The Bane figure is actually cooler as the real one doesn’t have a fabric coat like that & Cap America’s helmet looks better than the Lego one! That Hulk figure on the top row is quite rare so that’s a dead giveaway. There is also at least one which Lego has never done (the vaguely Thundercats looking one with yellow hair)

They look cool though especially presented like that which is the main thing! I have a few myself that the GF unwittingly picked up for me at boot fairs.

Fake Lego minifigs?

People will fake anything they can make money off. They are all over eBay.

toby1

Well unplanned and not required it would have been a new phone, the oneplus two – I got an email that I had to respond to within 24 hours or my invite was cancelled – pressure selling!

Possible purchase today which anyone can feel free to comment on is the turbo trainer at 50% off on wiggle. I’m about to lose a 12 mile a day commute and feel a turbo might be the answer – opinions?

Kryton57

A 95p “delivered” waterproof phone bag from ebay. I wouldn’t want to throw it in a pool with my phone inside TBH, but its good for protecting it inside a camelbak.

theotherjonv

My chromebook. Not really an impulse, I’ve been umming and ahhhing about whether to get one or to get another laptop to replace the one that’s currently dying on its arse for ages, and even after a fair bit of reading wasn’t sure what decision.

Then was browsing just to get a bit more info, saw a recon for a decent price, suddenly it’s bought just like that.

Loads of my purchases are the same. Ages to work out the right thing to do followed by a sudden ‘bollocks, just do it’ moment. Am i psychologically flawed in some way?

MrSalmon
    Free Member

Ages to work out the right thing to do followed by a sudden ‘bollocks, just do it’ moment. Am i psychologically flawed in some way?

That’s how I usually operate, but that doesn’t make it normal!

matt_outandabout

The wetsuit in Decathlon on Saturday, down from £69 to £11 and the next size up for the eldest_oab….

hellz85
    Free Member

Yamaha Pacifica electric guitar and amp starter set. Probably shouldn’t have bought it but never mind.

wrightyson
    Free Member

Hottub

Kryton57

MrSalmon – Member
    Ages to work out the right thing to do followed by a sudden ‘bollocks, just do it’ moment. Am i psychologically flawed in some way?
    That’s how I usually operate, but that doesn’t make it normal!

+1 😳

Frankenstein
    Free Member

Old laptop with a serial port so I can use 16/32bit software to help diagnose older classic cars.

NZCol

Tama Star Classic drum kit which was an utter bargain on Gumtree.

MoreCashThanDash

Packet of Minstrels in the village shop…..

Scapegoat

Zeiss Duralyt 3-12×50 riflescope. Special offer from Uttings, clearest optics I’ve ever had on the .243. Awesome twilight and lamping setup.

Stevet1
    Free Member

Two armoured shrimp for my tropical fish tank. Went in for some plants but these looked super cool and Dave the fish man convinced me.

They spent about 15 minutes scouting around the tank then found a nice spot inside a large shell and I haven’t seen the buggers since.

bikebouy
    Free Member

Awe crap, I succumbed at the weekend to a few things I don’t need (well I do but hey)

4 bottles of whiskey (various brands) Waitrose has a sale on and it’s designed to capture whiskey drinkers at Xmas innit – £150 gone.
    Rapha rucksack, I don’t need one, never have needed one yet but I liked the Blue coloured one and hey, I bought a bundle of socks and a wallet too.. £340 gone.
    Rapha data Print Winter Gillet, bloody hated them for like eva and never would wear one but sod it, it’s black and green and matches one of my LS Jerseys, was handy on yesterdays ride into the frost and lanes of North Herts, £120 gone.
    Earphones (bud type) left my “work” ones at home so went and bought another pair today, £40 gone.

I really do need to reel in my spending. 🙄

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 105 total)

The topic ‘Your last impulse purchase (non-bike)’ is closed to new replies.