Viewing 27 posts - 41 through 67 (of 67 total)
  • Your inappropriate names…
  • theboatman
    Free Member

Been a few of them; Fanny Wragg

jambourgie
    Free Member

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Another Mike Hunt here, american chap, only had one volume when on the phone so you should hear him at some point (evidence)

sbob
    Free Member

On seeing the thread title I immediately thought of my friend Samuel Bowman, who we call Sambo.
    I’ve been told that is inappropriate.

hodgynd
    Free Member

Former American Vice President
    Dick Cheney always conjured up an image I would rather forget ..more suited to being a sex shop owner ..
    I know Mike Hunt’s brothers ..Warwick & Issac ..
    I used to deal with a company called Clarence Erection when selling sheet metal for GKN as a 16 year old teleseller ..never could keep a straight face..

theotherjonv

I was at Uni with Mike Hunt. Used to play football too, so we often used to shout stuff like ‘get it out on the left, Mike Hunt’s wide open’ and then fail to do anything for the next 5 minutes while we giggled like schoolboys.

More repeatable but to me funnier is a school friend’s mum, Kerry, who purely by choice married a man called Matthew Oakey. She double barrelled her name to avoid the issue.

And another mates, surname Mint who had to genuinely talk his wife out of naming one of* his daughters Philippa (short = Pippa)

* yes, one of. He has 4 kids and fortunately more that one of them is a girl, because if he’d only had the one he swears he’d have nicknamed her Polo. You work it out.

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

There is a Euan Kerr at work, at least his parents never spelt it with a W.

grtdkad

An ex-colleague is called Clint. We had a corporate ‘do’ some years ago which he organised, his team wore t-shirts with their names in big letters across their backs. In block capitals.

He spent most of the day looking like he was called C_NT as the L & I merged in the cloth. Genius.

drlex
    Free Member

^reminds me of a certain cake image that was doing the rounds on t’internet.

RobHilton
    Free Member

Khun Poo

grtdkad

There was a successful national-level rally driver back in the 80s with a car sponsored by PCE. We used to snigger as he pelted through Dalby Forest with PRECAST CONCRETE ERECTIONS emblazoned down the side of his Ascona 400
    🙂

mrmoofo

When I lived in Switzerland, I used to pass a pet shop in Effretikon on my way home …
    It was named Animal Love … don’t google it

And most weirdly, the bar opposite was called the Titanic Bar. Would you want to drink in a bar named after a disaster ?

Harry_the_Spider

Andyhilton
    Free Member

I’ve got that Cooking with Poo book. It’s really good.

RobHilton
    Free Member

andrewh
    Free Member

Client at my old work (married name, don’t blame the parents) called Emma Royds.

walleater

I used to live over the road from Wang On Blinds in Vancouver.

Wang On Blinds

grahamt1980

Wang on blinds? That must be uncomfortable, surely better to wipe on the curtain

orangespyderman

I was at the till in Decathlon last week when I noticed the lady’s name on her badge was Nickerlyne.  😀 Didn’t half make me giggle.

WorldClassAccident
    Free Member

Lady called Joanne with the surname King.

Called her self Joking which seemed strange until she pointed out the alternative was pronounced JoWanking

maccruiskeen
    matt_outandabout

The Royal Dick I had forgotten about…

The Royal Dick

https://twitter.com/thedickvet?lang=en

BillMC

I used to drive past an estate agents in Oz called Robin Daley

https://www.manta.com/ic/mvmsg5w/au/robin-daley-pty-limited

The local hotel had a young woman working in the kitchen called Sam Wedge

dannyh
    Free Member

Skip hire company in Leicester called T. Watts – this is how they had it painted on the skips and the full stop was miniscule. Genius.

Still in business!

BillMC

Just happened across a firm of solicitors called ‘Wright Hassall’. You bet.

Scapegoat

Way back when I was a young teenager we used to drive past a billboard for the Spook Erection company. I have a feeling it was in Moreton -In- Marsh. Even they play on the name now with their logo, but I remember one time my sense of humour got the better of me and I said “Is that how they put the willies up people?”  Cue a very tight lipped reaction from my somewhat prudish mother, and some silent shoulder shaking from  Dad.

http://www.spookerection.com/index.php

jonesyboy
Viewing 27 posts - 41 through 67 (of 67 total)

The topic ‘Your inappropriate names…’ is closed to new replies.