• This topic has 15 replies, 13 voices, and was last updated 14 years ago by v10.
Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • Your google challenge of the day… A White chainstay protector…
  • tinsy
    Free Member

🙂

Albanach
    Free Member

??

njee20
    Free Member

What do I win? 🙂

If your frame's white, just use helicopter tape or something, if it's not white, why do you want a white protector!?

BlingBling
    Free Member

And after that a chocolate teapot 😉

bigdugsbaws
    Free Member

Use a Radsnap?

uplink
    Free Member

Here you go the same stuff that bikepimp call chainstay protector

http://www.force4.co.uk/1351/Rubbaweld-Self-Amalgamating-Tape-White—5m-x-25mm.html

fozzybear
    Free Member

charge sell a real one!
    that said my GF has just covered her frame with Amalgamation tape.

tinsy
    Free Member

The amalgamating tape is an idea, but will go black in next to no time cos of the rubbery finish, I thought Charge made one fozzy but cannot find it at all, and though cheap they are also pretty poo, general tape stuff is an idea but obviously I have thought of that.. got a black one off my specialized on it right now, and its probably the best stay pretector I have ever used.

was kinda hoping there was a real nice, easy clean vinyl with neoprene backing one out there.

Rorschach
    Free Member

Am I the only person who thinks white and chainstay protecter are mutually exclusive words.

one_happy_hippy
    Free Member

tinsy
    Free Member

rorshach… nope everyone.

Guess I am going to have to cut up one of my white inner tubes to wrap around the stay. 🙂

MrAgreeable

was kinda hoping there was a real nice, easy clean vinyl with neoprene backing one out there

Think you've answered your own question there Tinsy – most fabric shops will sell white vinyl, get an offcut, glue it to a manky old Lizard Skin and there you go.

DezB
    Free Member

the best stay pretector I have ever used.

You're weird

tinsy
    Free Member

yup I guess I did…. ordered a blue one. 🙂

Thought this looked pimp. Bet its rubbish hence not seeing one on a bike.

mamadirt
    Free Member

They're fine. I had one on my old Zaskar and Foes Predator – pimp as . . . but make sure you clean the stay well before fitting as they use pre-applied double-sided tape and any traces of grease will just cause it to peel off.

You can just about see it on the Foes here – iirc that was the slightly larger d/h version for bigger stays.

v10
    Free Member

White bar tape??

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘Your google challenge of the day… A White chainstay protector…’ is closed to new replies.