Viewing 12 posts - 41 through 52 (of 52 total)
  • your first serious relationship
  • molgrips
    Free Member

Well, you don’t really get over it as such. There won’t be a time when you forget all about it and it means nothing to you any more.

What you have to do is accept it and internalise it.. by that I mean make it a part of you, another brick that builds your personality as you go through life. You work out where it sits inside you and then you carry on. Each girl is different, each relationship different. You don’t replace them but you find new people, new things and life goes on.

Carry your exes around with you like biking scars. Like old friends and old enemies. They fade, and the pain goes away, but you can still recall the events and how you felt.

Smee
    Free Member

Fingerbike – that song is great.

jojoA1
    Free Member

Keep very busy would be my advice. It helps time pass and time heals most things, in my experience.

Also, for dealing with the ‘pain’ you treat it like you would a physical pain like when you fall off your bike and get an injury. Grit your teeth and keep telling yourself it won’t last for ever and it won’t kill you. You’ll get twinges of varying degrees over time, but eventually you won’t notice it except if you glimpse the scar and it will just jog your memory of a good ride you once had. (pun not initially intended!).

(just read Molgrip’s post, sorry to repeat his thoughts! Great minds and all that…)

ShinyRedOrange
    Free Member

I was with my previous girlfriend for 11 years… from when I was 11…(yes 11) to after we graduated uni.

It all went belly up, a week later I met my current girlfriend and am now very happy 3 years down the road.

Easy come easy go.

coffeeking
    Free Member

Also, for dealing with the ‘pain’ you treat it like you would a physical pain like when you fall off your bike and get an injury.

Usually jump off, shouting and swearing, rub it a lot then show it off down at the pub that night? I’m not sure chicks dig the emotional kind of scar lol.

soobalias
    Free Member

cheers mboy.

a month per year you say.

see you in 8 & 1/2 months.

Olly
    Free Member

My lass of 3 years couldnt keep her knickers on when she went back to uni, and now somehow its my fault since im the one thats moved on and shes stuck, having tried to replace me with various people, with her few friends at uni thinking she isnt “the safest bet”, and the ones who are interested just want a go on the bike.

shame, but the best bet is be happy go lucky, Easy come, easy go sadly, plenty more fish, etc.

If its getting you down, Keep busy, more bike time, more pub visits.
    dont leave any time free to wallow in sorrow, and before you know it it will be summer and youll be pinned down by another of the witches, unable to get out on ure bike 😉

sorry to hear it.

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

TBF, less than a year of relationship and calling her the ‘Mrs’. No wonder she walked away.

Give yourself a month (or one very good single-handed self pleasure) and you will be over her.

Just don’t call your next one ‘Mrs’ until you marry her. I bet you also told her you loved her after a month didn’t you?

coffeeking
    Free Member

TBF, less than a year of relationship and calling her the ‘Mrs’. No wonder she walked away.

Pretty common parlance – not indicative of commitment intention etc in my world. My mrs isnt my mrs but has been my Mrs for 11 years. If you get what I mean 🙂 Not everyone is uptight and precise on their use of language.

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

Well yes – a ‘Mrs’ after 11 years, married or not, seems acceptable to me. But 11 months – I would be barely calling someone a girlfriend after that time.

alwyn
    Free Member

Shag her best friend?

coffeeking
    Free Member

m_f – she was my missus after the first few weeks – it’s just a phrase to mean “the person you’re dating” in the ponds I swim in.

Viewing 12 posts - 41 through 52 (of 52 total)

The topic ‘your first serious relationship’ is closed to new replies.