Viewing 16 posts - 41 through 56 (of 56 total)
  • Your first ever road bike…
  • toxicsoks
    Free Member

As of June last year –

AndyF1
    Free Member

I used my dads Harry Quinn and Bob Jacksons for a few years before finaly getting this in 1999.

Sam

Another Raleigh here!

Not my actual bike – I think it’s still sitting neglected in my parents’ shed…

Bregante

Raleigh Medale (not my actual bike)

Kevevs
    Free Member

wow Bregante, that’s a blast fronm the past! I had a Raleigh Medale too 🙂 Think I did my cycling proficiency test on it! all my mates ended up on Grifters or Burners so the Medale’s wheels got pretty smashed up popping off curbs n ramps before I got a Falcon pro bmx. Happy Days 🙂 wonder what happened to it..

yodagoat
    Free Member

The Yak’s. A **** elastic band caveman bike.
    He’d post it up but he’s banned.

Revolution Belter by yodagoat, on Flickr

boblo
    Free Member

1986 Raleigh Road Ace here. 531c frame and Shimano 600 group. Traded it for a tandem in 1997 and regretted it ever since 🙁

benmotogp46
    Free Member

…..The one I have not yet got.

Although when I do, one day, it’ll have to have a Brooks B17 Select. A beautiful piece of craftsmenship.

garage-dweller

A second hand Puch. 5 gears one ring and flattened drops. Free from our neighbors.
    First ‘proper’ one was a Centurion 12spd Suntour with indexed gears and added Campagnolo look style pedals.

felltop

Raleigh Record c1983. Served me well for many years, why did I bin it 13 years ago??? Because it was geared for the Fens not the hills. I do a post round in the Highlands now, and see the exact same model left out in the rain and neglected. One day it may end up in the back of the van, to become the next renovation project.

shifter
    Free Member

A Dawes Lightning in 1981ish that I bought myself. Before that was there was a thing with a SA 3 speed about 1975 😕
    That’s the entire road bike list for me 😀

MrSmith
    Free Member

Ridiculous!

8)
    In fairness I did have a condor pista that I rode on the road for a couple of years including club rides up and down hills and a couple of 120mile dunwich dynamos so wasn’t totally green. Just didn’t want to dick about with cannondale cads, boardmans and those grim looking planet-x things so went straight to the good stuff.

rusty-trowel
    Free Member

Eddy Merckx 1980’ish

[/url]
    family bike3 by bmclynskey1, on Flickr[/img]

tinybits
    Free Member

Raleigh Olympus.

Utter rubbish and I loved it. Complete with pedals that actually had spikes on the end ready for 10yr old legs to be impaled upon!

stumpy01

Not my pic but I got one of these at the tail end of last yr…

No idea if it’s any good compared to other bikes but it is fine for me. Goes, stops, turns…

dyna-ti

I bought my first road frame for a project 29/01/2012 but ive yet to pay the £20 for it

It’s a Sun [something :?] with a chrome finish thats in not too bad a condition.I think its about 1985 😕

Viewing 16 posts - 41 through 56 (of 56 total)

The topic ‘Your first ever road bike…’ is closed to new replies.