Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 49 total)
  • Your favourite sporting moment ever…………
  • ton

all sports included…….

Hairychested
    Free Member

1999, Bayern Munich’s players are celebrating the victory. Cometh Oli and Teddy… The Germans aren’t celebrating any more 😀

paulosoxo
    Free Member

Gazza crying.

Alan Shearer crying on sunday

hitman
    Free Member

quite like that Barbarians rugby try scored by ?

peteimpreza

The look

Jamie
    Free Member

Arsenal beating Liverpool in the last few minutes by the required 2 goals to win the ’89 season. The then 10 year old me went batshit crazy :mrgreen:

MussEd
    Free Member

Murrayfield, March 17 1990.

bikemonkey
    Free Member

Agree with Hairychested.

I remember the commentator pointing out that the mayor of Munich had shaken hands with the mayors of Manchester and Barcelona and was preparing to leave. Sit down Fritz!

Get in.

b1galus
    Free Member

Murrayfield ,march 17 1990 amen to that

Jase
    Free Member

Agree with Jamie – it will never be that close again.

theotherjonv

Oh, too many to mention but here’s a couple, from sports I love.

1/ 1990 World Cup – David Platt’s last minute goal. Made all the more special because I finished my finals 4 days before the finals started and graduated the day of the World Cup Final. In between, I watched all the games with my University mates, and the build up and atmosphere to the England games was something else. Stone Roses ‘This is the One’ being the theme to the games, few beers in evidence….. and then Gazza swings in a free kick, Platty swivels and scores and I think I had the same feeling as 100 simultaneous orgasms!

2/ Not a moment – but a passage. England vs Sth Africa: Atherton has nicked one from Donald and stood there and been given not out. Donald is absolutely seething. The next few minutes shows exactly why Test Cricket is still the best. Donald works Atherton over so brilliantly and Atherton stares back after each ball impassively. FEC he may have been but that and the Johannesburg escape showed that wneh it comes to balls, not many bigger than Mike Atherton.

3/ Rugby WCF, 2003. But not the drop goal. That was inevitable and therefore diluted as a moment for me. To me the magic moment was as England were working into position with a series of rucks. Dawson saw a gap and went for it, but got tackled and laid the ball back. Next man there was Johnson. What does he do? Stand in as scrum half and try to set Wilkinson up? No – under intense pressure, he’s the coolest man on the pitch and makes the superb decision that he’ll do what he has practised time and again. He takes short pass, drives on a few paces and goes to ground, setting the ball up perfectly so that Dawson, back on his feet now is back in position to do his job, so Wilko can do his. No panic, supreme professionalism and decision making.

macmclaren
    Free Member

When the searle brothers took gold in the olympic final coxed pairs.

Shivers and hairs on end!!

Spud

That drop goal in Sydney!!

paulosoxo
    Free Member

Jamie – Member

Arsenal beating Liverpool in the last few minutes by the required 2 goals to win the ’89 season. The then 10 year old me went batshit crazy

My dad dislocated his finger springing up from the floor to celebrate that one 🙂

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

James Toseland winning his first WSB title.

He fought very hard for it, Ducati were embarrased because they’d not got a ride for him the next year because nobody expected it, and to top it all the team mate he beat was a Frenchman

🙂

Smee
    Free Member

Dudek’s reaction to his double save from Shevchenko in injury time 25th May 2005.

paulosoxo
    Free Member

Now THAT’S a double save

bigeyedbeans
    Free Member

hairychested said it all

thread closed ? (til wednesday) 😀

finbar
    Free Member

Since when did this become a wendyball forum?

The Look.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UmkRTbY9Gys&feature=channel

(2min 15s in)

AdamT

I’m with Spud

peteimpreza

My man Finbar!!!!!!!!!!!

sharki
    Free Member

Again Oli and Teddys moment..

And Giggs tearing through the best defense in the league that year, and scoring that goal in that final..

Houns

The Greatest sporting moment

giant_scum
    Free Member

Have to agree about the Arsenal one. Was it televised on a Friday night?

My favourite was Indurain’s breakaway to Liege in ’95 Bruyneel’s quote ‘it was like sitting behind a motorbike’.

ton

that was mighty impressive by armstrong…… not mine tho..

higgo
    Free Member

There are few things better in life than watching Oliver Kahn cry.

roddersrambler
    Free Member

Armstrong tries to play down the “look” saying it was a check to see where his team mates were ….yeah right !

ton

agree with giant-scum tho.
    this man was pure class, far superior to armstrong…
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5cO2KO6yfgg

RudeBoy
    Free Member

Forget the Manure numpties; the greatest end to The Greatest Final was undoubtedly Dudek’s save from Sheva, in 2005.

Mind, the whole match was a thriller, really. So many moments.

Spose it depends on what team you support. Arse fans conveniently forget the 2001 FA Cup Final…

Non footie, it must be Greg Lemond, winning the Tour by 8 seconds from Laurent Figroll, in ’89. With shotgun pellets still lodged in his body. That was a proper close finish! And what an achievement. Miles better than anything that boring Texan has done.

clubber
    Free Member

Redgrave’s 5th gold. Pinsent’s 4th. Searles’ win. Hamilton’s wc win in Brazil. ManU’s champion’s league win against Munich, “the look”, 03 tdf, England’s rugby wc win

Sport rocks 🙂

Coyote
    Free Member

1999 Champions League Final – despair followed by ecstacy
    2003 Rugby World Cup Final – What a match! I bounced off every wall… and the ceiling!
    Rebecca Adlington in Beijing. Totally unexpected and the sheer *joy* on her face was a magical thing to behold.

druidh
    Free Member

Jim Baxter.
    Wembley.

loddrik
    Free Member

Rushies first against everton in the 86 cup final.

Any man utd loss.

thekingisdead
    Free Member

Championship decider in Brazil last year. Felt physically sick all through the race. Unbeleiveable end.

trickydisco
    Free Member
    khegs
    Free Member

89, Micheal Thomas scoring the second goal at anfield to win the league on goal difference from liverpool.

And Pantani destroying Armstrong et al in the alps in the tdf

giant_scum
    Free Member

Thanks for the link ton!
    Apparently Armstrong tried to get Indurain to come out of retirement in ’99 to ride for him.

Another one for me Dave Narey’s ‘toe poke’ against Brazil at the ’82 world cup.

Also England’s last competitive game at Wembley.

RudeBoy
    Free Member

Ares fans don’t actually know what it feels like, for your team to win Club Football’s biggest prize…Bless.

boxelder

”You might as well son”
    1m.35s
    Never give up

nickjb
    Free Member

jonny’s drop goal or becks’ free kick against greece. Or on a personal note my first tournamenr win in bristol 1995 or my first headed goal in a proper match

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 49 total)

The topic ‘Your favourite sporting moment ever…………’ is closed to new replies.