Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Your favourite energy bar recipe?
  • edenvalleyboy
    Free Member

Hi,

Bored of my current recipe and looking for inspiration.

Can anyone suggest a homemade energy bar recipe that works well for them?

Cheers..

jamiep
    Free Member

Easy Maltloaf. Uses cups as measurement

1.5 bran flakes
    1 milk
    0.5 sugar
    0.5 sultanas
    pinch cinnamon
    1 or 2 (I forget without seeing my note) tsp baking powder
    Leave to soak for 30 mins

1 SR flour

Loaf tin, 170deg oven, 50 mins

bruneep
    ks562
    Free Member

Oh nice thread. I made these the weekend before last and were really good: https://www.bbcgoodfood.com/recipes/2407637/energy-bites I replaced the pecans with walnuts and used two tablespoons of honey rather than agave syrup. Tried them out on a couple of rides and did the job!

I then created my own version for Glentress 7s and they worked (i.e. I didn’r tun out of energy = win)

Almond, Dark Chocolate and Cranberry Energy Bites:

100g chopped macadamia and almonds (50 g each)
    30g chopped apricots
    40g chopped cranberries
    2 tbsp honey syrup
    2 tbsp almond butter
    Good handful of dark chocolate chips.

Followed the same method as the BBC Energy bites. Used a mix of coco powder and icing sugar to cover the balls when shaping as not a fan of coconut.

Made the above as a change from my normal riding food of soreen and nature valley bars and they did the job. Will be following the thread for other recipes!

fifeandy
    Free Member

Not a recipe exactly, but:
    https://www.amazon.co.uk/Power-Hungry-Ultimate-Energy-Cookbook/dp/189110554X

Got dad a copy of that for XMAS, and he seems to like what he has made so far.

jonba
    Free Member

New potato, sliver of strong cheese melted inside.

Potato cake/cream cheese sandwich (normally cut in half to mike them easier to eat.

Spanish Tortilla

Chocolate Peanut Butter No-Bake Energy Bites

For sweet stuff I’d usually just buy what ever is on offer as being pre wrapped, long dated and robust helps.

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

Flapjack +1

Good mix of sugar and carbs for longer rides so you don’t have the problem with ‘energy’ gells/bars that they seem to give a spurt of energy but if you forget to have another in 20min you bonk.

Either go to town with the golden syrup to make it sticky, cut it out to make it biscuity, add loads of fruit (banana or dried dates work) and it works without butter too (and stays sticky).

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Your favourite energy bar recipe?’ is closed to new replies.