Viewing 37 posts - 1 through 37 (of 37 total)
  • Your Favourite Console Games of the last 12 months (non handheld edition)…
  • patriotpro
    Free Member

And your most anticipated for next 12 months…

It doesn’t matter when they were released just when you played them.

For me it would be The Orange Box and Dead Space 2 and The Last of Us, Dead Space 3.

Your turn…

tomhoward

Gran Turismo 5

Wookster

Modern warfare three!

sc-xc

Looking forward to GTA 5.

Gran Turismo 5

Modern warfare three!

Pretty sure these two are more than 12 months old…

willard

Current: Fallout3 New Vegas.
    Future: Errrr. Don’t know. Is there a Fallout 4 coming?

tomhoward

Scxc, read the op again….

Looking forward to Gta 5 too, though 12months might be a tad optimistic?

scousebri
    Free Member

Battlefield 3, only online play though, game was to short.

labsey
    Free Member

Need For Speed Most Wanted.

Cougar

Your Favourite Console Games of the last 12 months

For me it would be The Orange Box

You’ve failed your own remit there, by about five years.

I’d actually struggle to name a standout 2012 console title, last year wasn’t a big gaming year for me. If we can extend it to the last few years then the last game that I properly obsessed about was Red Dead Redemption. I’ve had a lot of gaming out of the Rock Band genre (and still suck) and out of the Lego titles (the latest Lord of the Rings is arguably the best they’ve done).

Next (this) year, in honesty I’ve not really been paying much attention.

Stoner
    Free Member

Started on the Orange Box and trying to do it in order. finding Half Life 2 a bit tedious and samey so might stop that and go straight for Portal.

Currently about 75% through LA Noire and absolutely LOVING IT! The story arc forces you in a certain direction all the time and you dont actually have to do much to get carried along with it, but it’s nice to “join in” what is quite an enjoyable story.

Im a bit of a noob (only got an Xbox a few months ago to use as a media extender) anyone got any recs for something to play after Ive finished LA NOIRE in a similar genre?

JasonDS

Walking dead & far cry on the 360.

sc-xc

Scxc, read the op again….

Looking forward to Gta 5 too, though 12months might be a tad optimistic?

Gran Turismo 5 was 2011?

GTA5 – Sep 2013 8)

Creg

Definitely Borderlands 2, my most played game since release. Forza Horizon is worth a mention too but then its the only other stand out game I have played (don’t do the Battlefield/COD stuff).

Next 12 months…Dead Space 3, GTA V, Bioshock Infinite, Tomb Raider

rewski
    Free Member

NFS most wanted is pretty damn awesome on the ps3.

eyerideit
    Free Member

BF3, although I’ve not played in months but the 6 months before that I played it for a couple of hours a night. Is the massive upgrade worth getting?

I’m waiting for the new Metal Gear Solid games, which look pretty pretty pretty good.

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=ltH1eWxZutE[/video]

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=3AQ_MBnEq-k[/video]

Cougar

Started on the Orange Box and trying to do it in order. finding Half Life 2 a bit tedious and samey so might stop that and go straight for Portal.

Do it. There’s no connection between Portal and the others (other than being on the same disc) so there’s no onus on you to do them in any sort of order. Also, Portal is one of the finest games ever created.

tartanscarf

I haven’t played video games since Zelda Ocarina of Time on the N64, and before that would have been on my ZX Spectrum. I’m always put off by how complicated they seem. Is there a game on any console you could just pick up and play with minimum prior knowledge?

TS

Cougar

A lot of Xbox Live falls into that category. Limbo, for example.

Currently playing The Cave. It’s ace.

chvck
    Free Member

Bastion. Cracking game!

MrsToast
    Free Member

Rocksmith and Darksiders 2. Not sure what to look forward to this year, apart from the new Gears of War game and Animal Crossing (but that’s on the 3DS).

Jamie
    Free Member

Dishonoured.

Stealth + Steampunk = Totes Amazeballz

anonymouse
    Free Member

Far Cry 3.

tomhoward

FFS 🙄

Better?

Cougar

Ah, in that case,

Manic Miner.

Jamie
    Free Member

If the same rules apply, does that mean the games we are most anticipating in the next 12 months, could be an old game we have not got round to playing yet?

Cougar

You see, this is why we can’t have nice things.

labsey
    Free Member

So are we now say ‘favourite console game you’ve played in the last 12 months’?

In that case, it’s still NFS Most Wanted. My most anticipated game (so far) is Bioshock Infinite.

chives
    Free Member

We have a playstation. The first one. It only gets played with when I’m at home during the day with nothing better to do, which usually amounts to the Christmas holidays. My missus replaced my Roadrash 3D disc (which had ceased to be) prior to last crimble, which was great until I attempted to play at level 3 (old game stored on a memory card)! Oh well, back to boot camp!

That, and classic arcade Asteroids. Can’t even get out of the parking lot on Driver… 😆

deluded
    Free Member

XCOM Enemy Unknown.

Great little strategy game. And I completed it in Iron Man mode, which makes me a double hard barsteward … and sad git.

patriotpro
    Free Member

@ Cougar – read and absorb the op b4 picking faults in it.
    @ Jamie – Absolutely yes.

duirdh
    Free Member

not long since completing Borderlands 2, not sure I even enjoyed it until after about 30hrs playing.
    only got into Portal 2 about a year ago, excellent game!
    Just getting into NFS most wanted and Dead Island.
    still go back to COD (various), GT5 and MXvATV (still my all time favourite PS3 game)
    was fairly disappointeed with Black ops 2

Looking forward to GTA5 to keep me busy next winter!

Anyone want to play NFS MW online?
    Stick up your PSN ID and I’ll add you.

samuri
    Free Member

Borderlands 2 for sure. Awesome, awesome game. Loved every minute of it.

samuri
    Free Member

Playing Forza Horizon at the moment by the way, that’s really good too.
    I have Far Cry 3 lined up for when I finish that.

Cougar

@ Cougar – read and absorb the op b4 picking faults in it.

Where’s the fun in that?

(sorry)

chojin
    Free Member

If 2012? Far Cry 3 without a shadow of a doubt.

samuri
    Free Member

And yes. GTA5 better be good. I absolutely adored GTA4, brilliant game. I hope 5 is as good. GTA4 took me back to my teenage years with Civilization when I would spend all night playing. Oops, now I’ve got a job. I’ve had a few ‘GTA4 days’ when I would phone in to ask if I could ‘work from home’

hammerite
    Free Member

I’m a simple person so perfectly happy playing Fifa 13. But I got in to Sniper Elite V2.

Jnr’s favourites would be COD Black Ops 2 or Assassins Creed 3. Neither of which are age appropriate. I have to say I’d struggle to play either, but could just sit watching him play AC3.

Viewing 37 posts - 1 through 37 (of 37 total)

The topic ‘Your Favourite Console Games of the last 12 months (non handheld edition)…’ is closed to new replies.