Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Your favourite Bike Snob NYC moment….
  • afrothunder88

Currently super bored and working through the BSNYC’s that I’ve missed from the past few months and came across this absolute gem:

“Furthermore, complaining about success rivals even the most offensive “hate speech” in its toxicity–and nobody complains about success like a minimalist. Consider that “I only have 57 things” guy, who is now being forced to confront the fact that he may make over $100,000 this year:
    Oh no! Confounded wealth! However will he manage to refrain from buying that 58th thing!?! And not only does he have the sickening audacity to complain that his business may make $100,000, but he’s also using it as an opportunity to “challenge” everybody else, like some robber baron in a top hat throwing a roll of cash at a bum and daring him to make something of his life.

Well, I’ve already taken him up on his challenge, and I don’t need to sleep on it either. My movement is called “maximalism,” and it is a leaderless army of the millions of people who work for somebody else. (Because we all work for somebody else, even if we’re self-employed.) This army will use everything at its disposal to bring the forces of minimalism to its knees. (Or, more accurately, knee–real minimalists only have one.) We will take our meager wages, squander them on overpriced Starbucks beverages, and pour them onto the MacBooks and iPads and iPhones of the minimalists, crippling their ability to communicate and to broadcast their twisted philosophy to the world. We will storm the gentrified neighborhoods of America’s cities, hurling Frappuccino Molotovs into the open cockpits of convertible Mini Coopers and Volkswagen Beetles, where they will explode in sickly-sweet frothiness. We will return the world to its rightful balance of the “haves” and the “have-nots,” and we will eliminate that hated minimalist construct of the “haves-who-have-not,” for they are an abomination. Then, we will issue a counter-challenge to “57 things” guy: to take that $100,000 from your business and simply give it away in the name of true minimalism–or, failing that, to insert it tidily up your ass.”

Had me snorting juice through my nose I was laughing so much.

What it your favourite BSNYC moment?

iDave
    Free Member

I think that not reading any of it is my favorite BSNYC moment. whatever it is.

ourmaninthenorth

He is an angry chap, isn’t he.

Mind you, that Everett Bogue (he of the “All I own are 57 things, most of which are actually a category of many more things, and my most prized possessions are an iPhone and a fixie” fame) is a bit of a c*** isn’t he? Enough to make me angry, too.

Maybe I should write an anger management blog where I can vent off about otherwise fatuous elements of the zeitgeist whilst myself becoming (or trying to become, natch) patr of the zeitgeist.

actually, i think I’m going to write an anti-bloggers blog.

finbar
    Free Member

BSNYC is so, so funny. It’s my must-read every morning. The letter he wrote from Michael Ball to HED is my favourite moment.

http://bikesnobnyc.blogspot.com/2008/01/purloined-letter-ball-to-hed.html

My wheels are so much better than yours. So what you have a wind tunnel. I put the ROCK WHEELZ in a wind tunnel and their so strong they broke the wind tunnel cuz the air couldn’t get thru!!! Their also better than Skaryums from Mavic which are stupid and have a stupid name like a breakfast serial you’d eat on Holloween.

Torminalis
    Free Member

Just had a quick read and 57 things bloke seems to be much more obsessed with ‘stuff’ than most of the materialists he scorns. What a silly man.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

iDave +1

MussEd
    Free Member

Well previous to today I’d only seen that Guardian thing with the bike tribes but a quick glance revealed a few choice nuggets, namely this :

I don’t know anything about the “around-the-world race for zero-emission vehicles” in which the motorcycle was embroiled, but I can only imagine it’s some incredibly smug version of “The Cannonball Run.”

Which tickled me…

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Your favourite Bike Snob NYC moment….’ is closed to new replies.