Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • your favourite 7 stane and why?
  • yetiguy
    Free Member

Working my way through them, i have done kirroughtree and Dalbeatie..

IYO – Which is the best and why?

Dirtynap
    Free Member

Inners (the DH tracks only), just down the road from glentress. Why, becuase its fast and has some sweet jumps. need I say more

ton

it used to be all of em………….
    but now i am a roadie, it is the tarmac bits between em………. 😉

k/tree really tho.

carbon337
    Free Member

Inners and Kirroughtree joint.

Inners; nice fast down after testing climb
    kirroughtree as it flows so well.

stoney
    Free Member

Ive only ridden Glentress and Kirroughtree. Of the 2, K.tree does it for me.

Crag
    Free Member

Inners. Silly fast in places. Caddon Bank is different class

househusband

Have been to all but Glentrool; Kirroughtree for quality and quantity of singletrack and the fact that it's not largely up and down like Innerleithen and Glentress.

jimmy

Another for Kirroughtree here.

GT's always good after a break.

peteroughton169
    Free Member

inners and kirro for me although not a stane, drumlanrig was very good

slowrider
    Free Member

i like kirroughtree best, though found the slab and the evil twins fun at dalbeattie. great for lesser mortals to stand by and massage my ego lol!

lobby_dosser
    Free Member

innerleithan for me, but I do enjoy a jaunt to Dalbeattie and Mabie.

simonralli2
    Free Member

Mabie – really because the red route seems to be the best match with my riding skills or lack of. Next fave probably Kirroughtree when I am feeling fit.

coolhandluke
    Free Member

Will everybody PLEASE stop saying Innerleithen is great.

IT ISN'T.

Its rubbish and the climb is way too hard for anyone but mountain bike riders with the ability to levitate up technical bits. Caddon bank is almost impossible to ride down unless you are on a full on DH bike with 8" of travel both ends and pads all over you. To make matters worse, the Oxygen levels at Minch Moor are that low you need your own O2 supply or you will die and the jumpy bits have broken glass and sticks, sharpened to a point, dipped in dog poo, beneath them all so if you bottle it you're a gonner for sure.

Beginners should stay away or you'll be severely injured. Stick to Glentress, that's way better. 😀

Northwind

Not been to them all, but the ones I have are all great. Kirroughtree probably has the best riding, but I'd actually say Glentress, just for the variety of riding and sheer amount of trails… not to mention the way they can be mixed up- nice loop of the redblueungradedblueredblackredblue… And I love the way that I could go and do the red when I was still relearning how to ride a bike, but I can still go there now and just turn up the wick a bit and have a play.

radoggair
    Free Member

Will everybody PLEASE stop saying Innerleithen is great.

IT ISN'T.

Its rubbish and the climb is way too hard for anyone but mountain bike riders with the ability to levitate up technical bits. Caddon bank is almost impossible to ride down unless you are on a full on DH bike with 8" of travel both ends and pads all over you. To make matters worse, the Oxygen levels at Minch Moor are that low you need your own O2 supply or you will die and the jumpy bits have broken glass and sticks, sharpened to a point, dipped in dog poo, beneath them all so if you bottle it you're a gonner for sure.

Beginners should stay away or you'll be severely injured. Stick to Glentress, that's way better.

Wrong on the climb part, the caddon bank part and the poo part. The climb is actually quite nice ( after the first 200m part) and caddon bank is easy enough on most bikes. Think your missing the point about inners, cos there;s so much more there if you stay of the signed trails.

Inners is great for a mega day out, kirro is best for single laps

jordie
    Free Member

cool had luke
    i agree i like inners but i don`t really get it,A big cllimb then straight back down the down is good but short then on to firetrack
    Gt for me i likes the cafe!

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘your favourite 7 stane and why?’ is closed to new replies.