Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Your experiences of the TomTom Live/HD sat nav systems please….
  • rockhopper70

I have an old TomTom one but the work miles and area I cover are going to increase and the fancy tomtom with live traffic updates and daily speed camera warnings looks impressive, but do they work OK?

michaelmcc
    Free Member

I don’t know but if was getting a Tom Tom i’d love the Mike Strutter voice on it!

sofaking
    Free Member

I’ve had it for a while and its been very useful

chrissyboy
    Free Member

Comes as standard on my Renult – very impressed compared with the previous TomTom I had. Live traffic is good, google search is unbelievably handy (for me).

mrlugz
    Free Member

Upgraded my tt to a live model a couple of months go. Works great. Not sure how useful thevtraffic partvis as I’ve not used it that much. The google search is amazingly handy though.

As above, Google is great. However, traffic can be hit and miss. Generally works on motorways and major roads, but relies on 3rd party info and can be a little out of touch with real time. Also it will try and divert you round delays, but won’t know that the road its sending you on is busy too. I’ve found it most effective when there is something really nasty on the motorway and not so much if its just congestion on a Friday afternoon for example

Oh, you can use them as a bluetooth handsfree too. They download your phonebook and you get a nice big keypad

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Your experiences of the TomTom Live/HD sat nav systems please….’ is closed to new replies.