Viewing 7 posts - 41 through 47 (of 47 total)
  • "Your daughter can't cycle to school because it's not school policy"…!
  • Harry_the_Spider

What about ‘fingers and tops’?

You made a little bubble of snot come out of my nose.

Trekster

jj55 – Member
    Become a governor & change the policies?

+1 But make sure you gets others to join you and get rid of the “old boys/girls” Been there done that, hard work but worthwhile.

franciscobegbie
    Free Member

Ignore the head and enjoy the cycle to school with your daughter.
    If challenged, smile sweetly and cycle away. Pull a wheelie for extra points.
    Then continue to ignore the head.

Write letters and ask for risk assessments if you like, but really, what business is it of theirs how you get your kids to school?

RepacK
    Free Member

+1 with TJ..

Damn.. gonna have to go & resurrect a thread on helmets or taxes or something!

bassspine
    Free Member

what business is it of theirs how you get your kids to school?

absolutely, tell the school to spin!

By the way, I’m a bike ability instructor. Although Cycling England has been binned, bike ability is still in existence, now administered by the dept. of transport.

Where are you, neilsonwheels? Get one of this lot to chase the school 😉

matt_outandabout

The school does not have the authority to dictate how you travel to school. They don’t have to provide the facilities though.
    Challenge them.

burmaboy
    Free Member

I also teach bikeability at schools in croydon. Majority of schools want children to ride as it goes well with their green policies. Maybe you could mention this. Lots of councils even offer cash for bike sheds.

Some high schools refuse to let kids ride if they haven’t attained bikeability level 2. If this is the case , get her on a course. Most councils subsidise lessons. eg. Anyone who lives or works in croydon is entitled to 4 hours free 121 tuition.

In reality what can they do if you ride to school and lock her bike up in the school car park with a descent lock. Not much.

Viewing 7 posts - 41 through 47 (of 47 total)

The topic ‘"Your daughter can't cycle to school because it's not school policy"…!’ is closed to new replies.