Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • Your comfiest bike?
  • ton

been riding a surly lht for the last 4 years, my only bike, I thought it was very comfy, it is very comfy.
    but, I bought a mtb, and whenever I ride now, be it commuting or owt else, I take the mtb. it feels so much more comfier. 😀

scotroutes

Depends what I’m riding. I guess that all my bikes are set up to be comfy though. The fatbike is the one that’s probably the “softest” to ride but it would hard doing a 200km day on it.

bikeneil
    Free Member

My ’98 Kona Stab was really comfy but I wouldn’t want to ride it far.

sandwicheater

My current ride, Salsa Horsethief. Been on hard tails for last 6 years. It is ace.

cbmotorsport
    Free Member

Yet 575. Plush. Love it.

yunki
    Free Member

90s rigid steel Voodoo with a singular fork, 2.35 Schwalbe Super Motos and a Ragley carnegie bar on a high rise stem with some cork ergo grips

I can tow the trailer on that all day

Basil

Fargo with Jones loop bars + B67 & ST Thud.

yunki, thoughts on the super moto’s?

yunki
    Free Member

I actually love them.. I’ve come from only ever using knobblies of some description, and so the super motos roll very fast.. A very round profile on Stans flow rims.. they seem great for grip too and are super comfy and plush over potholes etc at about 38psi..

I’m still a little bit nervous of drain covers and thorns but no problems so far

Coincidentally I was looking at the possibility of a Fargo with a loop bar or similar for my other half as a do it all bike.. getting shot of the drop bar set up doesn’t compromise the geo I’m guessing?

Basil

Good fun on singletrack, can really rail berms.
    Not nervous and retains a good self center feeling when riding through rocks, and you get proper brakes.
    I’m not really bike bright with regard to geo, but you do get a “high” riding position with the bars.
    My only ride does everything from commute to trails to bikepacking.

Basil

Old photo

Esme
    Free Member

My comfiest bike is a trike – does that count?
    (not my photo, before anyone says the grass needs cutting)

lunge

Oddly, my comfiest is my summer roadie. Stiff alu frame, hard saddle, 23mm tyres at 110psi, huge saddle to bar drop. But it fits me like a glove, I can and do ride it all day without any pain at all. My winter roadie, despite my best efforts to recreate the position, gives me a stiff back after 3 or so hours and my MTB is even worse.

iainc

My Soul is very comfy. My Croix De Fer is very comfy. My Dolan track bike is quite uncomfy. My Defy Composite is the comfiest of them all !

chvck
    Free Member

Comfiest is my Transition Blindside, it’s like riding a sofa. Not my favourite bike to ride though.

Bregante

My Karate Monkey.

Very much missed since I sold it 18 months ago.

Until today – when I bought it back!!! 😀

Lawmanmx
    Free Member

the missus 😆

globalti
    Free Member

My Roubaix SL4 with amazingly, gob-smackingly smooth Veloflex tyres.

epicyclo

Most comfortable bike?

Using the criterion of no sore back and no sore bum after a 100 mile ride:

That’s a 1930s 28″ tyre bike. Upright position, sprung saddle.

garage-dweller

Epi’ that’s a lovely bit of gear.

All my bikes are comfy but the 456 is the winner if padded shorts are available (flite saddle) for normal clothes its the 1993 muddy fox explorer sport beater/hybrid.

Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)

The topic ‘Your comfiest bike?’ is closed to new replies.