Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Your chance to buy Lorenzo's 250
  • rocketman
    Free Member

Possibly the only reason to visit Stafford apart from the Chase:

Yours for £100k+

Also this tasty RS500:

A snip at £30k

http://www.classicbikeshows.com/event/carole-nash-classic-motorcycle-mechanics-show/

bikebouy
    Free Member

😯

I still love the Ring Dang of TwoStrokers…

Not spending £100k on it though, not when you can get an RS250 off eBay for little Sponz..

davosaurusrex

Lovely. Don’t think there is such a thing as a cheap RS250 in sensible nick anymore though

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    Rockhopper
    Free Member

It’d cost an eye watering amount of money to run that bike though. A highly tuned two stoke is just waiting to either seize or explode. 300 miles for pistons and rings, maybe 1000 for a crank plus all the other unobtanium bits that might break. My friend has a factory Ducati 996, he got knocked off on a trackday and broke the magnesium top yoke. No spares exist so he’s either got to have one made or adapt an aluminium one to fit. £££££ either way!

joefm

That is lovely. Would love a go.

oomidamon

Last time I went to that auction I bought a Haga replica RSV1000, don’t think I’ll be stretching to the 250…

prawny

That one hasn’t been started since 2007 – it’s probably seized to death.

rocketman
    Free Member

Called me Mr. Sceptical but whenever bikes like this come up for sale I wonder about their provenance.

‘THE EX-WORKS, JORGE LORENZO, 2007 WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP-WINNING, 2007 APRILIA 250CC RSW’

To me that implies he won the championship on an RSW250 and this is the actual bike i.e there’s only one. Surely prospective buyers realise any top-level racer would’ve had more than one bike during a season?

But ‘ONE OF THE RSW250S THAT JORGE LORENZO USED TO WIN THE 2007 WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP’ doesn’t have quite the same ring to it does it?

this Lot is sold ‘as is/where is’ and Bidders must satisfy themselves as to the provenance, condition, age, completeness and originality prior to bidding.

Hmm

Drac

That one hasn’t been started since 2007 – it’s probably seized to death.

You can get a special oil for them.

oomidamon

It sold for £101000 Link

bikebouy
    Free Member

😯

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Your chance to buy Lorenzo's 250’ is closed to new replies.