Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Your biking defining moment
  • handyman
    Free Member

As I am slightly bored and just musing, I thought about when I realised that when asked about my social life, biking was the first thing i mentioned as a hobby/obsession etc. My defining moment was at a party when the host, who I only slighty knew introduced me to some guests as a cyclist first and parent etc second, So I wondered what was other peoples "moment"

stumpynya12
    Free Member

When I over heard my mum saying to her friend "things must be tight these days money wise as he cycles everywhere you know ".

cynic-al
    Free Member

Do you feel defined as a cyclist?

stumpynya12
    Free Member

No not really, more of a social misfit but at least I'm a happy social misfit.

PJM1974
    Free Member

When I decided that shiny Hope kit would look pretty on my then brand new Rockhopper. That was the start of it all for me.

will
    Free Member

when there was a senior management discussion at work surrounding the fact i biked into work… Made me laugh the most thats for sure.

When I had some tests in hospital recently for what appears to be carpal tunnel syndrome.
    The doctor was typing in the "Other relevant details" box and alongside "Bus mechanic" wrote "Serious mountain biker".

Being described as a "Serious mountain biker" on an official document is probably the coolest thing that's ever happened to me in my life. 8)

ThurmanMerman
    Free Member

When I've put my shoes on to go out and AUTOMATICALLY tuck my right trouser-leg into my sock, regardless of whether I'm cycling, driving or walking.

This has happened a few times.

trail_rat
    Free Member

my work colleague said to me – "tel , do you just come to work for a break from your cycling ? "

another lad in his cumbrian drawl said "tel your one step away from shooting some **** in tesco" after i told him where id been for my holiday !

sharki
    Free Member

Lying in a hospital bed, a tube coming out of my side forming a chest drain, my arm in a sling. separated shoulder(grade 3) and collapsed lung.

My now ex wife turns up and rants, "well i hope now you'll grow up and get a safer hobby"

All over the bed was bike mags, on the patientline tele thing, was the stw forum page. She said i was going to keep doing it, "its who i am a said!"

Munqe-chick
    Free Member

When I was 14 and got bullied at school as all I want to do was go out on my MTB and everyone else wanted to shop! Not much has changed 16 (cough odd) years later!!!

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Your biking defining moment’ is closed to new replies.