Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 74 total)
  • Your Bike:Guitar ratio?
  • AdamT

We all know that n+1 applies to both bikes and guitars. I wondered if people’s application of this rule applied evenly? I have 4 bikes and 4 guitars, hence a nice 1:1 ratio. Please don’t post if you have 0 bikes or 0 guitars… I’m not sure if the STW servers can cope with NaN?

zelak999
    Free Member

2 Bikes, 2 Guitars but 4 synths?? oh yeah and 1 drum kit.

Klunk
    Free Member

3 bikes 4 guitars 1 amp

ads678

3 bikes 1 guitar, 1 Ukulele and a drum kit.

I can’t actually play either the guitar or the uke but I can play the drums and ride the bikes, honest…

curto80
    Free Member

Since you asked for a ratio: 3.5:1

fd3chris
    Free Member

7 bikes 0 guitars.

yourguitarhero
    Free Member

4 bikes : 4 guitars : 3 combo amps : 1 speaker cab

May be picking up a new amp head this weekend though. If I can sell one of my bikes or guitars in time…

yunki
    Free Member

2 bikes, 1 guitar, 1 uke, 1 cajon and a djembe…. oooh and a very sad looking bass in the attic that’s desperately in need of a restoration

aracer
    Free Member

In true STW spirit I’m going to ignore the instructions in the OP – my ratio is infinite. Given I play brass not guitar though, can I include those in the discussion? And to simplify things given I CBA counting the bikes, the unicycle* to brass** instrument ratio in my household*** is currently 6:3, though I’m hoping to acquire myself a trombone shortly, and have been looking at euphoniums, tubas etc. on ebay for the next +1. Oh and in case anybody was going to ask, yes I can play trumpet whilst riding a unicycle!

* only counting complete ones
    ** I’m including son 2’s trombone which is actually plastic
    *** including trombone and cornet belonging to kids and son 2’s xmas pressie unicycle (shhhh!)

svensvenson

hmmm… Probaby applies to motorcycles too. But since you’re asking, 4.5 guitars (one is a travel guitar so I always count it as a half) to 8.5 bikes (yes, one’s a tandem – should that count as two?).

It would seem that I’m under guitared, if that’s a word. Interesting, he says rubbing his hands together and contemplating a twelve string….

BoardinBob

3 bikes, 4 guitars, 1 mandolin, 1 synth

joshvegas
    Free Member

Too many bike:to many instruments.

Most hang around unused

RoterStern
    Free Member

6 bikes and 4 guitars.

Stevelol
    Free Member

1 bike, 5 guitars (6 including my mandolin) 😀

My number 1 guitar is a Suhr carved top custom, had it for 9 years now:

most recently I’ve acquired a G & L Tribute asat classic (essentially a Telecaster) it was dirt cheap but plays great and sounds HUGE, there’s something about the pickups (made in USA) and the ash body, I could buy about 8 of them for the price of my Suhr 😆

nickc

2 bikes: 1 guitar

mcnultycop

4 bikes and thinking about buying a Jazz Bass again.
    2 technics 1210, 2 numark cd/USB decks and a Pioneer DJM400 are the way I roll now though.

leffeboy

3:3. I’m crap on every single one of them as well but thankfully that isn’t the point

brassneck

3 bikes, 3 electric guitars. Yeh!

Steve’s got me browsing EBay for an ASAT now though.

(Plus an acoustic, a banjo, mandolin, uke but they don’t count)

porter_jamie

2 guitars, one acoustic, one banjo, one nord stage, one orange valve amp, two fs, one ss, one cx

have you seen that kemper profiling amp? oooofffff.

Stevelol
    Free Member

Try to find an early made in Korea one, these are considered to be of better quality than the latter made in Indonesia models 😀 Mine is a 2004.

Northwind

3 guitars but 1 is in bits so if bike rules apply, it doesn’t count. So just got my mik tele and my little crafter travel acoustic.

(I took my 2 lovely mij hotrod reissue strats to pieces about 15 years ago to do some witchdoctory, rebuilt one to stock and sold it… The other was more or less a CV/apprentice piece as I was working part-time as a shop tech, but I never finished it and now I have no idea what I was doing. What the hell are all these toggle switches for? Coil taps? Phasing? One of them might be a killswitch, I like that toggle on/off Morello thing which is also why it has a les paul pickup switch in the horn instead of a strat blade… There’s a custom shop duncan humbucker I had built to spec for it, that I don’t think has ever made a sound… I should finish it but it’s out of sight, out of mind and I’d need to relearn all the wiring… But I kind of wanted to refinish it too as it has some dings and burns and they’re not mine… Aaarghghhgh.

I genuinely used to own more guitars than I knew songs 😆 I love them as things more than I like to play. Certainly more than I like to practice…

4 working bikes though I basically never ride one of them, and half an XC bike that I could build up in about an hour. So somewhere between 2:3 and 2:4.5 depending on how you count.

jimwah
    Free Member

1:1

1 well worn Trek 8000
    1 well worn Squire Strat in Sunburst/black

Niether are worth much to anyone else, but I’m fond of both. The Squire plays better than it should and weighs nothing, so is very comfortable. I do at least have a half decent amp, lovely old Vox AC4 in white 🙂

kayla1
    Free Member

1:1 at the minute, not including the two BMXs that are hung on the walls 😆

26″ Cotic BFe : Epiphone SG 400 Pro and a big-ass Peavey 112 amp!

I too am bobbins on both.

OH is 1:1 bike to drum kit ratio. We have very understanding neighbours…

eddiebaby
    Free Member

5 bikes : 12 guitars.
    Two bikes to go soon. The guitars were mainly bought in the 90s when I had a lot of disposable income. They seem to have done rather better than my pension fund as I bought high end secondhand stuff.

edlong
    Free Member

2:1

simondbarnes

10 bikes : 2 guitars.

medoramas
    Free Member

1 bike : 1 bass

uponthedowns
    Free Member

4:4 here

momo

3 bikes (all mine, although one is my old s-works that got built up for mrsMomo to ride) 1 (electric) guitar, a drum kit and a tambourine!

Although if I include mrsMomos collection I can add and acoustic guitar, a mandolin, 2 ukulele, 3 violins, a piano, an accordion, a saxophone, her nice flute (main instrument) and piccolo, 2 clarinets (which neither of us play), a concertina and a plethora of flues whistles and the like!

Ro5ey
    Free Member

Wow … 1:1 here too … never thought of it before.

3 Bikes … 1 FS, 1 HT and my lovely retro steel Colnago

3 guitars … 1 electric, 1 acoustic and a small nylon string acoustic that I rescued for my kids when someone down the road put it out the bin man.

Oh…. and all 6 are gathering in dust 🙁

RustySpanner

5 bikes, 2 guitars.

No kites.

gallowayboy

My 14 year old son is currently 1:1, Cannondale Trigger and Freshman acoustic, but he’s soon to receive a squier vintage modified tele – does this mean he’s gonna want another bike as well? Hell….

aracer
    Free Member

I’m impressed with mrs momo’s instrument collection!

#kiteforrusty

swavis

Bikes = 6
    Guitars = 0
    Fish tanks = 2

russl
    Free Member

1 bike 6 guitars.My equal favourites are a 2002 Gibson SG Standard and a 2014 Gibson Firebird.

DezB
    Free Member

5:1

1 Shergold bass from 1980 in my loft. I keep thinking I should buy a new one.

Andy-R

Five bikes and, funnily enough, five electric basses (and one double bass). Nowadays I don’t use any of them nearly enough and should really keep only the nicest one.
    That”d probably be Liteville 301 and ’93 Musicman Sterling fretless then. It’ll never happen though.

Toasty

4 bikes
    2 electric guitars
    1 acoustic guitar
    4 bass guitars
    1 ukulele

Shit, it sounds bad when I lay it out like that. Especially given I can’t really play the guitar or ride a bike.

slowoldman

Guitars 6
    Bikes 3
    Oboes 4
    Button Accordions 4
    Recorders Many

As per mrsmomo, the same exercise chez slowoldman would add more guitars, mandolin, banjo, a few basses, trombones, saxes, bassoon, more recorders, more accordions, a brace of concertinas, violin, viola (mine actually) and cello.

I still fancy a drum kit though.

ajantom

7 bikes

20 stringed instruments……

Guitars:
    – PRS Zach Myers
    – Larrivee LS-2
    – Hohner SE400 Professional
    – Jedson Les Paul
    – OLP MM1
    – Epiphone SST Classic
    – Aria Sinsonido
    – Takamine F400 12 string 1974
    – Washburn Monterey-12 Custom Studio 12 string
    – Yamaha APX-4
    – Yamaha FG-180
    – Cheap Thomann classical semi-acoustic
    – Home made guitar – used a Strat kit from Ebay, reshaped and routed out the body and wired in a multi-effects pedal into the body behind the bridge.

Basses:
    – OLP MM2
    – Ashbory bass (Short scale and fretless with silicon strings. Sounds like an upright)
    – No-name 70s bass – Walmart?

Other:
    – Russian Mandolin – 70s, solid wood sides and back, plays beautifully
    – Cheap as chips no-name electric mandolin
    – Ozark bouzouki
    – Fender FB-300 banjo

3 synths, a bassoon, alto & tenor saxes, trombone, and an electric piano.

*edit* Oh and a Theremin 😉

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 74 total)

The topic ‘Your Bike:Guitar ratio?’ is closed to new replies.