Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 81 total)
  • Your biggest biking regret?
  • chojin
    Free Member

It could be anything from worst modification to selling that bike you loved.
    Mine was that I Never got to ride ride anywhere in Scotland before having to give up cycling – I would love to have tried the world cup DH route for a laugh!

stox
    Free Member

That I didn’t start when I was a lot younger

bob_summers

Not getting up earlier this morning. Now gonna have to squeeze in a quick spin before it gets dark.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Stupid crashes in practice for the mega 2 years in a row.

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

Stox +1.

racefaceec90

selling my cannondale F800 matt black (lefty) ht in a moment of stupidity 🙁

postierich
    Free Member

buying a whyte46

noteeth
    Free Member

Selling my first mountain bike (1990 Marin Muirwoods) to a school friend. At the time it helped pay for a “better” bike… but looking back, I wish I’d kept it. It was my ticket to a whole new thing.

I love the look of those old Marins. There’s always some beauts on Retrobike.

Oh, and maybe not riding a bit more when I was at uni – it might have kept my head clearer when going thru the emotional washing machine.

tenfoot

Main regret is not riding as much as I should have, before I had kids.

Daytime riding for me is a rare event.

RobHilton
    Free Member

Causing cable rub on a stanchion last week rates pretty high 😕

Mechanical funkwit in the house!

chrisdw
    Free Member

Thinking “a medium frame will probably be big enough”

RDL-82
    Free Member

Not riding for years for no particular reason.

Selling the BFe instead of the IO.

loddrik
    Free Member

Living no where neat any decent riding without having to drive there.

Euro
    Free Member

Not locking the shed the evening my bmx was stolen (August 12th 1987).

Kuco

Crashing and knackering my shoulder up. 4 years on and it still not right 🙁

Simon

That I didn’t start when I was a lot younger

+1

chrism110
    Free Member

for me it has to be the fact i stopped when i was 20 yrs old and didn’t get back on a bike till i was 36 (38) now

bigblackshed

Selling my On One Summer Season. Couldn’t get on with the frame at all. I just lost stupid amounts on the bits.

Selling my 92 Explosif. Stupid, stupid, stupid.

tomhoward

Lending a mate my bike (best bike I’ve ever owned) for a couple of months in return for a two week lift pass in whistler. Bike never came home as it was, apparently, nicked.

Garry_Lager

Regret not doing more in the highlands – was in Edinburgh for 10 years. Did quite a few of the classics up there, but still barely scratched the surface.

esselgruntfuttock
    Free Member

Taking the line I took on an icy descent on Good Friday last year.

coolhandluke
    Free Member

Riding down a very steep chute in Les Gets at the canyon? Encouraged down by my “mates” who told me it was fine…..

Ends up it wasn’t as there was a ditch at the bottom, too steep to stop..bailed.

So, mates hadn’t even ridden that chute! Twunts.

Torn ligaments in my shoulder took the rest of the summer to mend.

The next bloke down, also encouraged to ride it by his “mate” despite me being in the ditch, blew all the oil out his fork seals and pancaked his front wheel on his full on DH bike.

iainc

The drop off that I went over at Cathkin in December. 3 months nearly and no feeling back in degloved chin and face scarred for life. Why didn’t I just take the middle line like usual 🙁

slackalice
    Free Member

I’m with bigblackshed, mine was an 89 Explosif

hamishthecat
    Free Member

Not going the last World Cup XC race at Newnham in 1999. Mate worked for the Forestry Commission and had full access but I had something else on that weekend.

mudmonster
    Free Member

Missing rides due to hangovers. Not appreciating what I had on my doorstep when I lived in Yorkshire.

mudmonster
    Free Member

Dislocating my shoulder in a stupid accident, always in the back of my mind now when riding.

fervouredimage
    Free Member

Living no where neat any decent riding without having to drive there.

This, very much this. Trying to work on fixing it but not easy.

Not really – if I had to find something, maybe selling the P2 forks off my Kona.

Maybe not riding as much as I could

martinxyz
    Free Member

Turning my nose up and saying ‘nahhh’ about 18 years ago when asked if I wanted to go to a velodrome by someone high up in a cycling body that thought I’d do pretty well. Might have been crap, might have done o.k. It’s the not knowing that peeves you off.

So for any youngsters reading this that ever get asked anything along these lines,do it.

martinxyz
    Free Member

The drop off that I went over at Cathkin in December. 3 months nearly and no feeling back in degloved chin and face scarred for life. Why didn’t I just take the middle line like usual

Argh, unlucky. One of those days you just wished you stayed at home :O/

bol

Getting a “racer” rather than a BMX when I was 10, and subsequently not having a mountain bike till my 30s – and limited skills to this day.

Crag
    Free Member

Being shit. Yeah, I definitely regret being shit.

shedfull
    Free Member

I lived in Menai Bridge for a year. Every day, I looked out of the kitchen window at the clouds forming on top of Snowdon. I had my Marin in the shed. It didn’t turn a wheel for that entire year.

🙁

Harry_the_Spider

Not letting two uniformed PCSOs do a lap of HTN on their crappy patrol bikes a couple of years back. Their sergeant looked must upset when I advised against it.

mjsmke

Stopped riding when i when i went to Uni and started working. Got back into it about 5 years ago but still struggle to find time to ride more than one a week.

aa
    Free Member

Not buying a pegoretti before they cost a kidney and first born child.

vermillion
    Free Member

Not getting back into biking after a 17 year break sooner. Realising,once I’d joined a club that I’ve been missing out on loads of stuff including some mint holidays and a whole new social life.

the-muffin-man

None really – I’ve had some great rides, won some medals, got fit, made friends, and achieved far more than I ever thought I would.

…just need to get back into riding now, not done it properly for 2 or 3 years.

augustuswindsock

Might sound corny, but really wished I’d biked round the world, I did the back packer thing in my yoof, loads of travelling, India Nepal, s e Asia, oz, africa etc etc, had no interest in non motorised bikes then, in quiet moments I sit and plan bits of the journey I’ll never get to do now!

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 81 total)

The topic ‘Your biggest biking regret?’ is closed to new replies.