Viewing 12 posts - 41 through 52 (of 52 total)
  • Your best man/men maid(s) of honour – where are they now?
  • tazzymtb

Still see my best man(best mate since school)on a regular basis and phone and take the piss out each other on face book pretty much daily even though we live sodding miles away and have families, sensible lives etc.. Like most things in life if you value something or someone you tend to make the effort. If you dont then its easy to let it slip under the guide of being too busy or too involved in other things.

curiousyellow
    Free Member

Damn, I think I’ve seen my best man more often than my brother. And that’s saying something since my best man lives in Australia.

I always suspected it, but I’ve only just resigned myself to accepting that the people who want to keep in touch with you, do.

Bunnyhop

Our wedding was a small affair, meaning no bridesmaids only my young niece as a flower girl.

We still see hubby’s ushers.

I’d be more worried about still fitting into the suit, in my case the dress 😉

kcal

@GrahamS – are you me? 🙂 though “up here” is where I’m from it’s been odd to try and get into proper friendships. furthermore, your mate (or flatmate, I lost thread a bit – isn’t Old is he – who I do know from up here !!)

jamj1974

Mine was my brother. Despite being occasionally mutually annoying to each other, we see each other every week and speak most days. Love that irritating git!

igm

Married 16 years ago.

My best man and I took my 11 year old to ZZ Top last week.

So yes, still very much in touch.

esselgruntfuttock
    Free Member

Hutchy looks dead nervous bless him, but at least those dark trousers will have hidden the evidence.

He drove me to the church in a peach coloured Hillman Avenger. Talk about ‘Get Me To The Church On Time’, I was bricking it. We almost ended up in the River Nevis in that thing earlier on in the year!

mark90
    Free Member

My best man is still my best mate even though we only see each other a couple of times a year at most. Usually get together with our respective wives and kids for the occasional family day out. Long gone are the mad adventurous trips we used to do as singles, and then as couples. When we get together it’s like we only saw each other yesterday even though it’s likely been many months.

My two ushers I also only get to see a couple of times a year. I have known them a few years longer than my best man. But we were never as tight as I am with my best man, hence he was my best man.

paulneenan76
    Free Member

Married last year in New York; 2 of us and a photographer/witness, nothing else required.

It’s life I guess and slightly sad that you lose touch with people who played a big part in your life. That being said, I’m done with those who don’t match my effort; life is short, who needs shite friends.

oldnpastit

Next door neighbour. See him fairly frequently, sometimes to go cycling (but he keeps going rowing instead). Went to his daughter’s wedding on Saturday.

curto80
    Free Member

Got married 9 years ago.

My best man I don’t see enough but when I do it’s like we see each other every day. Been my pal since we were 7 and can’t see it ever changing.

Of my 4 ushers 3 are still alive and seen 2 of them in the last two days and the other one I’m spending next weekend with.

And yes I’m still (just about) married 🙂

Bagstard
    Free Member

Married eight years ago, still see my best man and one of the ushers every Thursday for boys night.

Viewing 12 posts - 41 through 52 (of 52 total)

The topic ‘Your best man/men maid(s) of honour – where are they now?’ is closed to new replies.