• This topic is empty.
Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Your best heart-in-mouth bodge ever?
  • globalti
    Free Member

This morning, carelessly, I shoved an SD card into the CD slot on the side of the family Mac. Tried to grab it but it slipped inside the flock “wipers”. Damn. So, wondering if it would affect the CD player I shoved in a CD and ….. click click click; no play. Double Damn! So I hit “eject” and the edge of the CD appeared briefly then disappeared back inside. Treble Damn!

So I sat down, trying not to panic and had a think…. then went off to get the sharp pointed tooth pick tool that lives in the bathroom. Pressed “eject” and when the CD appeared I stabbed it with the point and managed to haul it out. That was part one of my salvation achieved.

Next I turned the Mac on its side and shook it a bit then probed inside the slot with a knife. No sign of the SD card. So I went and got the Henry and applied the crevice tool to the slot and…. blessed relief, the SD card appeared from between the flock wipers. Wiggled the vac around a bit and enough came out for me to grab it. Phew, situation resolved, no need to confess my stupidity or spend money getting the thing dismantled. What a relief.

Actually my best bodge was probably when I was about 14 and I knocked over a small tin of model aircraft paint on the brand new fitted carpet in my bedroom. No way was I going to be able to clean it up so, having watched the carpet fitters at work and learned a bit I went and fetched a Stanley knife and, heart in mouth, cut out a square around the spill, then went and found some spare carpet, cut a slightly bigger square, got the nap running the same way, manouvered some sticky tape through the hole, sticky side up, fitted in the patch, stood on it and ruffled the edges…. no sign of the join and my Mum never noticed in years of vacuuming.

Any other heart-in-mouth bodges to share?

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

The topic ‘Your best heart-in-mouth bodge ever?’ is closed to new replies.