Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Your best ad-hoc cafe / Food Stop
  • xyeti
    Free Member

You know the ones, it’s not planned it just kind of happens, you stumble upon somewhere and think I could carry on to that one or just stop right here and it turns out to be the ideal cyclists stop off.
    Serenity, good coffee and great Cake. Other like minded cyclists and none cyclists willing to ask questions and talk in general about things other than cycling.

mattkkitch

The Teapot Cafe on the A55 towards Colwyn! On the way to many North Wales riding locations and a top notch butty! Extra black pudding for everyone!

Drac

Coffe and cake?

Beer and pork scratchings, dear God what has happened to my sport?

Psplat
    Free Member

So good I still remember it. 2011, doing my version of the C2C with my lad, ended up in Scorton, 10 miles from Northallerton, famished, but not fancying a pub stop, on the corner of the Green was a WI cafe. Best Pie I ever had

Heaven

Andy_K

Glenshee ski cafe, wasnt expecting it to be open in the middle of summer on a weekday, served a banging second breakfast to me on my JOGLE.

ton

post office/café/shop/chill out place at Acharacle. a oasis of pleasure.

4130s0ul
    Free Member

For me it’s got to be Lillypools farm shop/café on the way to Roeberrow. Purely for the mahoosive baguettes filled with doorstep cheese slices and ham and the takeaway cider/rough straight from the barrels.

it’s not as good as it used to be but the memories serve me well

whatyadoinsucka
    Free Member

snoopys van for a mean bacon/sausage butty and a cuppa tea plus flapjack and change from a fiver,
    overlooking digley/holme moss on the A635 (meltham road junction), deciding whether to do wessenden down to marsden, or cut it short..

redmex
    Free Member

Humbie cafe south east of Edinburgh is pretty good just now, definitely not a greasy spoon cafe so not the cheapest but the coffee is good so is the cheesecake

tjagain

Coffee and cake from a van in a layby on the A85 just south of Killin. Looked very unlikely. Decent coffee, lovely cake

MoreCashThanDash

Nutbrook Coffee Shop

Just down the road from us. Only open at weekends in the winter. Only accessible by foot, horse or bike on an NCN route. Was once a derelict farmhouse, now a little oasis of decent coffee and amazing cake.

Surprising number of “just popping out for a ride” rides seem to end up drifting past it…

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

Similarly to ton – the post office/cafe in dalavich by loch awe was ace too.

hairyscary

The same place as Ton.
    The previous night had been a session with the owners of the Sligachan Bunkhouse (drinking cider from a rams horn at 3am) and this place really was, as he says, an oasis.

Whathaveisaidnow
    Free Member

Cobwebs cafe at High Ash Country Store near Abbots Bromley, staffs.

Down some country lane, middle of nowhere…then this pops up…great cake, coffee and staff and very popular with the cycling community.

about 35 miles just to get there…

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘Your best ad-hoc cafe / Food Stop’ is closed to new replies.