Viewing 28 posts - 41 through 68 (of 68 total)
  • Your AM/Enduro Bike Info?
  • kimbers

scott that is slack!

gonzy
    Free Member

frame – Da Bomb Da Pukka 140mm
    forks – Marzocchi 55CR 170mm
    head angle – 68.5
    seat angle – 69
    b/b height – 365mm
    wheelbase – 1105mm
    top tube length – 520mm
    chainstay length – forgot to measure… 😯

something tells me that the head angle should be slacker….i may have measured it wrong

superfli
    Free Member

gonzy

I thought my Heckler was short and stubby! Your BB height is very high, TT length very short and wheelbase very short too. Is it a small?

chiefgrooveguru

Obviously BB height is unsagged so the longer the suspension travel, the lower the sagged BB height will be in comparison (e.g. 120mm = 30mm lower, 160mm = 40mm lower).

messiah
    Free Member

Nicolai Helius AM with 160mm travel
    160mm Marzocchi 55 RC3-Ti forks (545mm Axle to crown).

Head Angle – 65
    Seattube Angle – 71
    BB height – 360mm (Mahoosive 2.4″ Rubber Queen Tyres = 340mm axle height))
    Chainstay length – 430mm
    TopTube length – 585mm
    Wheelbase – 1120mm
    Bars – 745mm
    Stem – 45mm

It’s a little short for me and the bottom bracket is higher than I would like with the Mahoosive tryes… very nearly perfect though.

cookeaa

out of interest, how many of the posters are quoting manufacturer’s data sheets and how many are measuring?

And how are you measuring the angles? angle finder app’ on your phone, proper angle finder/Inclinometer, plumbob/tape measure and some trigonometry?

Just out of interest like…

gonzy
    Free Member

Is it a small?

i’m a shortarse so yes. the b/b height isn’t helped by the massive 2.4″ tyres.
    it rides perfectly though.
    might have to re-measure everything tonight

mikewsmith
    Free Member

gonzy – Member
    Is it a small?
    i’m a shortarse so yes. the b/b height isn’t helped by the massive 2.4″ tyres.
    it rides perfectly though.
    might have to re-measure everything tonight

Quick change the numbers and people will thing it rides amazeballs 🙂

LoCo
    Free Member

And how are you measuring the angles? angle finder app’ on your phone, proper angle finder/Inclinometer, plumbob/tape measure and some trigonometry?

Angle finder on iphone or when in workshop we’ve got digital bevel box which is also used for setup on the machinery

messiah
    Free Member

Tape measure and Angle ap on phone – just make sure floor is level as a datum.

honourablegeorge

messiah – Member

It’s a little short for me and the bottom bracket is higher than I would like with the Mahoosive tryes… very nearly perfect though.

You know you want to

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Ride it, if it feels good its right… I measured the ha only because people try and tell me it’s too steep (turns out it’s not) and pop it on the scales after a change to see how it’s going. You can spend weeks with the numbers but until you ride it it’s all just a bit of paper.

fr0sty125
    Free Member

I used manufactures specs then calculations with trig to account for changes.

superfli
    Free Member

I measured mine with tape measure and a “calibrated to my worktop” phone app 🙂

gonzy
    Free Member

people will thing it rides amazeballs

oh…but it does anyway!! 😀

my measuring technique is very old skool and low tech….consisting of a tape measure, spirit level set square and protractor….so probably not really all that accurate especially when done hastily.

gonzy
    Free Member

right so i checked the geometry again and this time took my time to readthe measurements properly…
    frame – Da Bomb Da Pukka 140mm
    forks – Marzocchi 55CR 170mm
    head angle – 62.5
    seat angle – 64
    b/b height – 365mm
    wheelbase – 1110mm
    top tube length – 520mm
    chainstay length – 425mm

tomaso
    Free Member

Iook manufacturer’s measurements and then used the bike geometry calculator to see how the bigger forks affected the geometry reach wheelbase etc

scottfitz
    Free Member

head angle – 62.5

WOW are you sure? that’s more than nearly all DH bikes.

gonzy
    Free Member

WOW are you sure? that’s more than nearly all DH bikes.

that’s what i thought so i checked again after i had posted it. the 62.5 reading was from the axle end but the measurement came up wrong because of where i had positioned the measurement tools as i hadn’t taken into account the offset of the axle to the fork lowers. i then took the reading further uo the stanchion and on the headtube itself and the reading was 64.5.
    still a slacker with a short wheelbase but to be honest i’ve never paid that much attention to angles and measurements for any of the bikes i’ve owned. if they felt right when i rode the bike then that has been good enough for me.

scottfitz
    Free Member

Gonzy use the bike calculator above to see what it cones out as.
    its really good.

Original angles:
    http://www.hotlines-uk.com/SizeCharts.aspx?SizeChartID=109&ModelID=31627

mikewsmith
    Free Member

I just downloaded the specs for my bike, plugged it into the calculator and got the full new set of numbers. It still rides bloody well 🙂

scottfitz
    Free Member

I rode my bike last night and fell off, It still rides bloody well 🙂 but ride is crap 😳

gonzy
    Free Member

scottfitz – cheers for the original angles info for the frame.
    i re-measured again last night and the angles are correct as i had posted them. i did make a balls up of the chainstay length as i had measured from the pivot to the dropoout instead of b/b to drop out so it actually measures 440mm.
    but what i couldnt work out is how the hell they managed to get 584mm for the top tube. i pulled the tape measure out to this length and placed it along the toptube and the end went way past the rear of the seattube…me thinks they have got this wrong and my measurement of 520mm is correct.
    i used the bike geometry calculator and the result were very similar to what i had got so i’m pleased to confirm that the bike is as big a slacker as its rider!!

patriotpro
    Free Member

I’m amazed you lot actually know this stuff 😯

Houns

I sit on it, it feels like a bike, I ride it

Can’t believe anyone looks at all this stuff in any great detail

superfli
    Free Member

gonzy, the toptube length I measure is the effective TT length, ie the line parallel with the ground from centre of headtube to centre of seatpost. This will be longer than the actual tt length

gonzy
    Free Member

gonzy, the toptube length I measure is the effective TT length, ie the line parallel with the ground from centre of headtube to centre of seatpost. This will be longer than the actual tt length

i also did this and even with the tape measure starting from the front of the head tube, 584mm ended up somewhere over the back wheel way past the rear of the seat post!! 😕

waldo1
    Free Member

2014 s works enduro large (26)27.5
    Bos deville 170 a~c 555mm
    Crossmax enduro wts 650b
    2.2 rear tyre and 2.4 front
    Bb height 355mm (unsagged)
    Wheelbase 1850mm
    Reach 457
    Stack 585
    Head angle 65deg
    Chainstay 419mm

Viewing 28 posts - 41 through 68 (of 68 total)

The topic ‘Your AM/Enduro Bike Info?’ is closed to new replies.