Viewing 8 posts - 41 through 48 (of 48 total)
  • Your aero road bike is obsolete!
  • fifeandy
    Free Member

I bet that thing is awesome in crosswinds 🙄

mrblobby
    Free Member

It’s really only a deep section front wheels that causes issues in crosswinds (unless it’s super strong).

fifeandy
    Free Member

Or if you weigh nothing.

I’m thinking when this can happen on a UCI legal bike, then one that is just a giant sail is a recipe for disaster.

ghostlymachine
    Free Member

Anyone remember those horrific low profile bikes from the early days of playing with carbon?

I’m thinking that yellow look monstrosity.
    Fantastic into or out of the wind. Bloody terrible to try and turn. Or with the slightest bit of cross wind…..

maccruiskeen

A glimpse of the future…

Plenty of room to hide a motor and some batteries in there! 🙂

michaelmcc
    Free Member

It’s really only a deep section front wheels that causes issues in crosswinds (unless it’s super strong).

Not if you are relatively light rider like me. All 65 kg of me 🙂 . I love my aero bike but can feel sketchy in strong cross winds. No deep rims for me thanks.

philjunior
    Free Member

I wonder if with less restriction the manufacturers will start going on about crosswind performance with slippiness instead of just slippiness.

legend
    Free Member

Not if you are relatively light rider like me. All 65 kg of me . I love my aero bike but can feel sketchy in strong cross winds. No deep rims for me thanks.

Fatty. I get blown off course if a mouse farts at the side of the road – 60kg ( 😳 )

I know I want to buy nice aero wheels, but at the same time….

Viewing 8 posts - 41 through 48 (of 48 total)

The topic ‘Your aero road bike is obsolete!’ is closed to new replies.