Viewing 33 posts - 41 through 73 (of 73 total)
  • your advice please.what food to buy with £4.40 to last me till next thursday?
  • donsimon
    Free Member

Surely there are two possible ways to solve the problem. The first is being addressed by not overspending. What about the second solution of raising your income? Have you got anything to sell?

uplink
    Free Member

Good idea don

how about the OP puts suitably valued stuff on the classifieds and gets paid in a pizza order or whatever?

😛

RealMan
    Free Member

What’s your bike like? I might be willing to trade you a potato for it.

project
    Free Member

i can send you a tin of beans, £4.40 next day delivery.

meehaja
    Free Member

If you come to Leeds and sort my headset out I’ll cook you a chilli.

Otherwise, go to the most ethically diverse part of your local town, buy potatoes, rice, stock cubes, tins of kidney beans and fresh veg. Ethnic minorities (round here at least) tend to cook more, so basic ingredients are cheaper.

Also, buy bruised fruit from the market, brown bananas etc, through them into a blender for decent, often free smoothies.

racefaceec90

apologies 😳 (i meant next thursday).some great tips there everyone 😀 don simon agree with you (just didn’t want to sell anything if possible/but can sell some computer games as a last resort 😉

donsimon
    Free Member

Pawnbroker?

ooOOoo
    Free Member

got some lovely pig cheeks at waitrose last week, £3/kg, cheeky little meal

onandon
    Free Member

The old chequebook for great for this sort of thing.

A week before payday it used to get a propper spanking when I was skint 🙂
    oh, how things have changed in the last ten years. Cant remember the last time I even saw my chequebook.

Anyway, back to the problem.

£2 worth of chicken brest from Tesco.
    Eat it raw and spend the next week shitting your life away or in bed shivering.
    I bet you wont want to eat, so no need to worry 🙂 .
    ( you could invest the remaing £2 in a couple of lotto tickets )

RealMan
    Free Member

Eat it raw and spend the next week shitting your life away or in bed shivering.

😆

nicko74

One value bag of pasta, one value bag of rice. 8 value tins of tomatoes, a bag of onions, about 2kg of beef mince. If you have money left over, mayb 12 eggs and a couple of cheap loaves of bread
    From this you can make: spag bol, chili, meatballs, and variations thereof. Omelette, scrambled egg on toast, boiled egg, poached egg, eggy bread.

Cougar

This is a “spot who used to be a student” contest, isn’t it.

GlitterGary
    Free Member

4 cans of Kestrel Super. At least you’ll have one good night.

uplink
    Free Member

Where are you OP?

2 things
    My missus says you can eat here if you’re anywhere near Darlington – soft or what?

get some gardening done this weekend for neighbours for a bit of cash, get a card in newsagents now and see if you can pick up a days work – should be good for £25 or so

CharlieMungus
    Free Member

nullPost yer paypal address and some kind soul will sort you out til pay day

uplink
    Free Member

how can you convert a PayPal balance into hard cash in time though?

CharlieMungus
    Free Member

Pay with chip and pin or cheque

dirtyrider
    Free Member

how can you convert a PayPal balance into hard cash in time though?

ive got a card thats linked to my paypal account and can spend my balance at any time

i think im in a pilot scheme, i had the old paypal topup card

never used this one though

he could also order dominos with a paypal balance

hels
    Free Member

Arrange a date every night with some of the least attractive and most desperate looking women you can find.

After the meal, it’t the Aussie Haka (pat pockets, look concerned, oh no I seem to have lost my wallet).

Woman pays, you eat well, hell you might even get a bed for the night and a shower and save on electricity too. All it will cost you is a significant chunk of your self-respect.

Play your cards right, you might even get breakfast too.

racefaceec90

thanks again everyone for the suggestions and kind offers of food.i can assure you that i will be ok (it’s my fault that i slightly overspent 😳 i can definitely survive though 😀 it’s heart warming to see all the kind people on here though (not that i didn’t think you weren’t kind people 😉 thanks again 😀

ton

if you are near leeds, you are more than welcome to come to mine for a meal on night next week mate. 😀

Alphabet

Pop along to Incredible Edible Todmorden and help yourself. There’s great riding too so you can make a day of it.

CharlieMungus
    Free Member

He’s way on down south, wiltshire way.

Cougar

Wiltshire? Can’t he just forage for nuts and berries like everyone else?

RealMan
    Free Member

I think we should stop offering to feed people for free, other wise who knows what sort of people this forum will attract.

WTD: Spare change etc.

😀

CharlieMungus
    Free Member

How much will you pay him to eat your nuts then Cougar?

Cougar

who knows what sort of people this forum will attract

The horse has bolted! Quick, close all the gates!!

Cougar

How much will you pay him to eat your nuts then Cougar?

You make him sound like syphilis.

donsimon
    Free Member
    uplink
    Free Member

WTD: Spare change etc.

oh, we’ve had that before and a few of us were taken in

Can’t remember his name though

mrmo
    Free Member

go foraging, plenty of road kill pheasants about this time of year, lots of corn about ready to pick, blackberries, sloes, etc.

yunki
    Free Member

One value bag of pasta, one value bag of rice. 8 value tins of tomatoes, a bag of onions, about 2kg of beef mince. If you have money left over, mayb 12 eggs and a couple of cheap loaves of bread

you haven’t been poor for a while have you..?
    times have changed man.. you’d be lucky to get half your mince for £4.40 these days man..
    OP – property is theft man.. possession is nine tenths of the law.. 😉

althepal

Free dinner in glasgow if you want it.
    When I was in nurses residence and skint I survived on a cheap
    Kilo bag of muesli and slabs of eu surplus tinned stewed steak that a mates gran sent him down from
    Orkney.. Mmmmmm!

Viewing 33 posts - 41 through 73 (of 73 total)

The topic ‘your advice please.what food to buy with £4.40 to last me till next thursday?’ is closed to new replies.