Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • Young lad builds his own plane out of scrap
  • epicyclo

This is the sort of guy who needs encouragement

[video]https://youtu.be/qYH6o7eDF2U[/video]

chip
    Free Member

Pfft,It did not fly,

wordnumb
    Free Member

Safer bet than Ryanair at the minute.

shermer75
    Free Member

Impressive stuff, it would be more impressive if it could fly! Makes you want to have a go yourself lol

welshfarmer

Hmmph, not much of a step up from my effort built from scrap 🙂

epicyclo

welshfarmer – Member
    Hmmph, not much of a step up from my effort built from scrap

Yours looks much safer. 🙂

But if that lad can stay alive when/if that thing gets airborne, he’s got a great future ahead of him.

What’s amazing is how he’s done it with minimal resources. The wing material for example.

P-Jay
    Free Member

The word “deathrap” gets thrown around a lot these days, but shitfire, i wish the guy all the luck in the world, he deserves to go far, but if he manages to get that thing in the air without killing himself, the landing surely will finish the job.

km79
    Free Member

At least it’s not a rocket ship.

Poopscoop

Thank God for dreamers I say.

TroutWrestler
    Free Member

That is not an aircraft. There are no control surfaces. It has not been designed to fly. It might have been designed to look like a plane, but if the fella even thinks he can fly it, that’s just further evidence of how far off the mark he is.

shermer75
    Free Member

True, but it’s not that different from what the Wright Bros came up with, non?

aracer
    Free Member

Did you not spot the all moving tail surfaces?

All sorts of other issues with it, but that’s not one – they even look like they might be suitably sized for the purpose.

epicyclo

To me the relevant thing is he got off his arse and built it.

No doubt he lacks appropriate knowledge and skills, not to mention money and resources, yet he still built it.

That’s the sort of person who creates the future.

I really hope he gets some help to go further with his interest in aviation.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

At least it’s not a rocket ship.

Read up on the Afronauts.

jambourgie
    Free Member

😆

edit: racist

orangespyderman

That is not an aircraft. There are no control surfaces. It has not been designed to fly. It might have been designed to look like a plane, but if the fella even thinks he can fly it, that’s just further evidence of how far off the mark he is.

Oh really? You know how people learn how to do things? They try. And then they figure out what didn’t work, they try to fix it and then they try again. Empirical learning, even where prior knowledge may exist is, in my opinion, a fundamental skill. Why knock it?

EDIT : In fact, I’ll have a bit of a rant. If this is the first time he’s done it, why on earth do you think it’s not a good thing no matter what? He’s done what? Wasted a bit of his own time? Surely you’ve done that now and then and would resent anyone suggesting that you’ve just wasted it? Ever learned to bunny hop? Why bother, it’s been done before, so unless you can bunny hop higher/further, you’re not bringing anything to the table so GTFO. Sorry, but this guy had a bash, and that’s already a damn lot more than I’ve done (and I’m a bit of an aviation geek and fly sims – never took the time to build even a non-functional real-life attempt so would struggle to admit he has somehow less merit than I do…)

el_boufador

Completely agree with the OP

cloudnine
    Free Member

True, but it’s not that different from what the Wright Bros came up with, non?

Shame the Welshman who first flew never gets the credit..

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/William_Frost

Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)

The topic ‘Young lad builds his own plane out of scrap’ is closed to new replies.