• This topic has 8 replies, 8 voices, and was last updated 12 years ago by danielbrown-spam.
Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • young family holiday destination recommendations
  • trusslebabes
    Free Member

Me and my very good lady wife are trying to plan a holiday somewhere with our 10 month old little one. Would quite like somewhere warm in October or maybe in Sept and possibly France. Not been abroad with little one before and we quite like doing stuff even if just walking so sitting on a beach package type thing not what we’re after.

So do you have any recommendations? We like hills and mountains, lakes and rivers with towns for food shopping etc. I have no idea of what parts of France would fit the bill so all info appreciated, many thanks folks

steve-g
    Free Member

Hi

No idea on France, however have been to Oludeniz in Turkey recently and that would seem to meet your requirements. Obviously it will cost more to get there as it is further away, but the flight to Dalaman is about 4 hours which is doable with a littleun. Once you are there everything is riduculously cheap as they are not in the euro (3 course meal with wine £10 equiv).

Its on the Lycian way, so walks in the hills and mountains are there. And it does have history, the beach etc as well.

Google it and have a look, well worth a visit

Can recommend a hotel if you’re interested

Steve

mogrim

Girona area north of Barcelona is nice, interesting medieval towns, good food, beautiful coast and mountains – just avoid Lloret. You’d need to hire a car, though.

takisawa2

Loire Valley is supposed to be nice. Camping is great in France, if your an outdoorsy type. £30-£40 each way from Dover with FDS ferries. We took our caravan over last summer. Was ace. Loved camping over there.

trusslebabes
    Free Member

Thanks all, Steve what is the hotel called? you’ve thrown a right curve ball there 😀

clubber
    Free Member

slight offbeat here but a Neilson beachclub plus holiday may well fit the bill. I’ve been on several and they’re brilliant.

steve-g
    Free Member

Hi

We stayed here and it was perfect. about 5k from the beach (up a fairly serious hill). Near the markets and the main town of Hisaronu. Close enough to everything to walk there in 5 minutes, far enough away to be quiet when you are in the hotel grounds.

Bus to the beach (dolmus) is about 90p, pint of draught Efes £1.80, and the food in the hotel was out of this world. September will be quiet as it is end of season, but your still guaranteed 30 degrees and sunny all day every day.

We went as a family group of 11 in September, and we are all agreed on going back this year or next.

If you are thinking of going then chuck Oludeniz, Fethiye, Lycian Way, and Ghost town into google and have a look.

Steve

Riksbar

If you’re doing Olu Deniz check out Buzz Bar, one of my favourite bars anywhere.

cloudnine
    Free Member

France may not be that warm in sept/oct
    Highly recommend greek islands that time of year..
    http://www.ionianislandholidays.com/ionian_destinations.php

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘young family holiday destination recommendations’ is closed to new replies.