Viewing 6 posts - 41 through 46 (of 46 total)
  • Young children in this heat
  • scuttler

My point is, give parents a break you sanctimonious b*stards. And no, my kids have never been sunstruck or burned, but they have fallen off stuff, wandered into trouble or eaten things etc when I wasn’t watching.

Falling off stuff, wandering off etc are all instantaneous events that are hard to govern without adopting the dullard/cotton wool approach. To give your kids sunstroke you have an awful lot of time to make your mind up that drinks, hats, shade, suncream, longer looser clothing are unnecessary. A wee pink patch is forgiveable but sunstroke isn’t.

binners

cases of rickets are on the up as kids are constantly plastered in sun block apparently

Tis true that cases of rickets are on the up. My mums a health visitor and she was on about it not long back. Its nowt to do with sun block though. Its almost exclusively teenage females, and limited to certain ethnic communities who think that if a womens skin is exposed to the male eye then the whole of society will implode. Better that they get ricketts

Bunnyhop

Update:
    Have been to see my neighbour and she says her child was indeed overheated, however the doctor says he’s suffering from a chidren’s virus. So being poorly and unable to drink/eat much hasn’t helped.
    So a lack of communication there as the father spoke to my husband last night before going to bed.

The main thing is the tot is home and being looked after and will be well soon.

I will continue to put factor 50 on my nephew when the sun is this hot and also myself for that matter.

therealhoops
    Free Member

Ice lollies! no matter how ill our kids are they will always respond to ice lollies even when they were babies.

molgrips
    Free Member

Sunstroke does creep up on you, you know. Especially if you are running about having fun.

I don’t think the parents in question were failing to notice their kids crawling on hands and knees gasping for water. You run around fine, run, run , play play, oops I don’t feel so good.

And sun cream has nothing to do with sunstroke – afaik at least.

scuttler

Ice lollies! no matter how ill our kids are they will always respond to ice lollies even when they were babies.

And perfect for split lips. Cooling effect and loving treat all in one.

Viewing 6 posts - 41 through 46 (of 46 total)

The topic ‘Young children in this heat’ is closed to new replies.